8 4.0%

9 4.5%

7 3.5%

7 3.5%

4 2.0%

15 7.5%

• Total voters

Vektor

Do you really think that Norway sang that bad they deserved non-qualification by the juries? Seriously, I can say that their vocal performance was one of the better ones all through. They sounded really amazing live. And on that note, I am done for this year with discussing winners/losers. I'd certainly prefer to win the people's vote than juries' vote.

It's not about their performance. It was a NQ with the juries because it's a ridiculous ESC trash pop song. The lyrics are atrocious, the "saman" part is laughable, the composition couldn't be more dated. It represents the guilty pleasure part of ESC and I know it's fun (of all the songs it gave me the biggest laugh because of how much of a typical ESC entry it was), but it would have been the worst winner in a very, very long time.

Yoozek

I can't believe this shit won the televote.

Preuss

Lot of talks in Norway that juries need to be abandonded lol but people clearly forget or don't know that juries saved our entries in 2014, 2015 and 2017. Many people blame the jury-rehearsal mistakes for the bad result with the juries but I'm pretty sure we didn't get many points in the semi either...

So hyped for our national final next year though :D

A-lister

Veteran
If it was up to juries, this wouldn't even have made it to the finals xcry

This was pure joy, sure it didn't invent the wheel, but it's what ESC should be all about: A big party, a little bit of ESC, a little bit of traditional, a little bit of modern... all packaged and delivered. I feel sorry for Norway they way they were treated, almost all "local" entries were completely trashed by the so called "experts" in the juries...

I voted for this, real winner this year imo xclap ...

CypriotGirl

Veteran
This song was R - O - B - B - E - D by the juries. I'm wondering about the criteria they vote. They placed :mk: 2nd with a boring mediocre old-fashioned ballad (although very well performed) and this amazing song that won televoting was so low in their ranking. It deserved at least the 2nd place in the final scoreboard. The truth is that :nl: deserved to win more IMO, but I would be OK with :no: winning, since it won televoting and it was in my personal top 3.

Carian

Lot of talks in Norway that juries need to be abandonded lol but people clearly forget or don't know that juries saved our entries in 2014, 2015 and 2017. Many people blame the jury-rehearsal mistakes for the bad result with the juries but I'm pretty sure we didn't get many points in the semi either...

So hyped for our national final next year though :D

So, tell me Preuss, what would you prefer: 1) being saved in 2014, 2015 and 2017 for sake of an average result or 2) win the contest in 2019?

Be honest. I know that I'd take Slovenian victory instead of proceding to finals or getting the 10th place in 2098. You know, in the end, 2nd, 3rd and 15th places don't count. Only the winners are remembered.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Omg, their televote victory is an insanely pleasant surprise! Congrats! :mrgreen: Really loved the song and the performance xheart Soo much positive energy! xlove

Carian

It's not about their performance. It was a NQ with the juries because it's a ridiculous ESC trash pop song. The lyrics are atrocious, the "saman" part is laughable, the composition couldn't be more dated. It represents the guilty pleasure part of ESC and I know it's fun (of all the songs it gave me the biggest laugh because of how much of a typical ESC entry it was), but it would have been the worst winner in a very, very long time.

And what is new about Macedonia's entry? The same power balad with the same structure which you and heard 1000 times? That deserved to be top2? Sweden's gospel like beat that we heard so many times? Saying that this was justedly downvoted for its genre is not an argument for me.

Ezio

Veteran
Juries were such a letdown this year, but with Norway they got everything right. This song is such a car crash with victims burning alive. Ear and eye inducing radioactive waste pop from the deepest trenches of the Arctic Sea.

It's sufferable enough that Eurovision 2019 was Eurovision Generic Song Contest, a best of the last 20 years at Eurovision, nothing new, no sugar and spice, massive lack of originality.

It doesn't have to be Eurovision Trash Song Contest for the too easily entertained ones at home.

I feel pity for Jon-Henrik Fjällgren. Those 290 points belong to him, but now he will never grace the Eurovision stage. Yoik is through.

A-lister

Veteran
Juries were such a letdown this year, but with Norway they got everything right. This song is such a car crash with victims burning alive. Ear and eye inducing radioactive waste pop from the deepest trenches of the Arctic Sea.

It's sufferable enough that Eurovision 2019 was Eurovision Generic Song Contest, a best of the last 20 years at Eurovision, nothing new, no sugar and spice, massive lack of originality.

It doesn't have to be Eurovision Trash Song Contest for the too easily entertained ones at home.

I feel pity for Jon-Henrik Fjällgren. Those 290 points belong to him, but now he will never grace the Eurovision stage. Yoik is through.

I'd have this fun, unpretentious "kitsch" over dated, clichéd banal kitsch ballads like :mk: and :ru: any day... apparently the juries seem to want Eurovision to be a contest filled with dated blandness.

Preuss

So, tell me Preuss, what would you prefer: 1) being saved in 2014, 2015 and 2017 for sake of an average result or 2) win the contest in 2019?

Be honest. I know that I'd take Slovenian victory instead of proceding to finals or getting the 10th place in 2098. You know, in the end, 2nd, 3rd and 15th places don't count. Only the winners are remembered.

That's a hard question lol, I don't think coming 8th, 8th and 10th are average results though and "A Monster Like Me" is a gem I'm so happy was saved by the juries. To be fair, 2015 was perhaps the last year where I really wanted us to win while this year I just really wanted us to do well because I knew it was never going to slay the juries although I hoped for 100+

I haven't thanked Europe for voting for us though, thank you :D
And this with an entry featuring joik xlove

Carian

That's a hard question lol, I don't think coming 8th, 8th and 10th are average results though and "A Monster Like Me" is a gem I'm so happy was saved by the juries. To be fair, 2015 was perhaps the last year where I really wanted us to win while this year I just really wanted us to do well because I knew it was never going to slay the juries although I hoped for 100+

I haven't thanked Europe for voting for us though, thank you :D
And this with an entry featuring joik xlove

What bothers me about myself and Norway's entry this year is that when I was trying to be "rational", I completely ignored this song. But now when I am thinking back, I must say that Norway's song was actually the only song beside Iceland that I was playing in the background and actually enjoying it. So, when I think it this way, I am also not surprised. However, I must say and I will repeat one thing till the end of my times. I was always impressed how good they sounded live. I must say this type of music is very tricky, and the studio versions are usually so much better than live performances. However, KEiiNO sounded simply amazing live - basically like the studio version. And for this reason, I will never forgive juries for saying that they didn't deserve to qualify. I think this is simply terribly wrong. Even if you think this is a trashy and outdated Euro-Dance song, their singing and performance was not only on point, but actually one of the best this year. I am dead serious and completely convinced at this point that juries should go.

As for my previous question - I guess you know that down deep you'd still be happier with the victory than 8th, 8th, and 10th place. And sorry, I don't remember the song A Monster Like me anymore. I am going to check it out now just to remember about which song you are talking.

pras

He neither invented joik nor made it popular amongst Europe/World. Those 290 points totally belong to Keiino. Europe loved Ear and eye inducing radioactive waste pop from the deepest trenches of the Arctic Sea. Live with it. Just like the way I live with the juries votes.

Carian

So, you are saying: It doesn't have to be Eurovision Trash Song Contest for the too easily entertained ones at home.

If that is true, why is ESC then televised and why does the public even vote? If they want to pick a classy, stylish songs (whatever that is), maybe EBU should consider of creating a parallel song contest for juries only. You know, what you dislike it doesn't mean it is trash and bad. I grew up in 90's and I loved Euro-Dance. Back then a lot of people smeared it, but in the end, it gave Europe a great number of huge hits that are still liked today. I am actually quite happy that Europe chose a EUROPEAN type of song over the Americanized Duncan's song. Clearly, Europe still appreciates its own inventions. But I know, you and I disagree. All I tried to say is that you diss Norway for wrong reasons.

Ezio

Veteran
He neither invented joik nor made it popular amongst Europe/World. Those 290 points totally belong to Keiino. Europe loved Ear and eye inducing radioactive waste pop from the deepest trenches of the Arctic Sea. Live with it. Just like the way I live with the juries votes.

Thanks for the advice. It is as useful as Alexander Rybak's lessons from last year. Everyone lives with the result, so do I. No need to shut my mouth.

pras

Thanks for the advice. It is as useful as Alexander Rybak's lessons from last year. Everyone lives with the result, so do I. No need to shut my mouth.

You are welcome xlove I'm here anytime you need :D

Carian

Ezio, you came quite harsh at Norway and people's tastes with your first post. So, you can't be surprised that some people feel attacked and will take highly aggressive stance. In the end, ESC is not a science, it is a debate about tastes (and juries and politics).

Ezio

Veteran
So, you are saying: It doesn't have to be Eurovision Trash Song Contest for the too easily entertained ones at home.

If that is true, why is ESC then televised and why does the public even vote? If they want to pick a classy, stylish songs (whatever that is), maybe EBU should consider of creating a parallel song contest for juries only. You know, what you dislike it doesn't mean it is trash and bad. I grew up in 90's and I loved Euro-Dance. Back then a lot of people smeared it, but in the end, it gave Europe a great number of huge hits that are still liked today. I am actually quite happy that Europe chose a EUROPEAN type of song over the Americanized Duncan's song. Clearly, Europe still appreciates its own inventions. But I know, you and I disagree. All I tried to say is that you diss Norway for wrong reasons.

This Eurovision was indeed very beige and opened a window of opportunity for a song like this. And maybe those who grew up in the 90's, voted for it out of nostalgia.

I grew up in the 90's too and I loathed what was on the radio and the charts back then. So happy this decade is over.

PashonFrut

To me this was also a cheap song ( no offense to Norwegians). I found the bald guy to be cringy on stage. Congrats on the good results though

Top Bottom