9 4.5%

7 3.5%

7 3.5%

4 2.0%

15 7.5%

• Total voters

Ezio

Veteran
It always depends on the outcome if you don't care about the juries or not.

I wanted to crucify juries too in 2016, but I am glad they are here.

Realest

Participants who dont care about the Juries should be excluded from the Competition from the Beginning.

A-lister

Veteran
With the new system, they got completely ignored even with winning the public vote and all focus were on the jury favs :se: and :mk:, the latter didn't even manage top. 10 in the televote. Is this how it should be from now? I mean I think the new way of presenting the public vote was actually more exciting, but the way it takes away the focus from the public favs and moves it to the juries is just showing a disrespect to all the people that voted (as if we weren't disrespected enough!?).

midnightsun

Veteran
Participants who dont care about the Juries should be excluded from the Competition from the Beginning.

It was an interview after the final in which he said, he doesn't care if juries voted them low, important to him is that so many televoters voted for them that they might even have a chance to exist after the ESC. They plan a tour in Europe (maybe).

I think it's okay to say that.

VikingTiger

Of course I am disappointed in the juries this year. I loved our entry, and had it top 3 (which doesnt often happen). I loved their live performance. I expected KEIINO to do better in the televotings than with the juries. I did not see them winning the televotes though. But I sure didnt see them coming in 16th with the juries either. This was not a joke entry, and the vocals were spot on, and at least I found the live performance to be very tasty.
So what was it that made the juries put this so low? The age of the jury members? Or a negative bias within the juries that "we are here to stop "fun" entries? I reallly dont know...
But even so, I do think the juries should stay on. And at least this proves to me that the juries are not pro/contra countries (at least not in most cases); rather they are pro/contra certain type of songs. Norway has been saved by juries before; Both Silent Storm and A Monster Like Me were pushed into top 10 by the juries.

Realest

It was an interview after the final in which he said, he doesn't care if juries voted them low, important to him is that so many televoters voted for them that they might even have a chance to exist after the ESC. They plan a tour in Europe (maybe).

I think it's okay to say that.

"We dont care about the Juries [...] People who think they know better than the People. We dont care about them"

For me hes really arrogant.

martin

Of course I am disappointed in the juries this year. I loved our entry, and had it top 3 (which doesnt often happen). I loved their live performance. I expected KEIINO to do better in the televotings than with the juries. I did not see them winning the televotes though. But I sure didnt see them coming in 16th with the juries either. This was not a joke entry, and the vocals were spot on, and at least I found the live performance to be very tasty.
So what was it that made the juries put this so low? The age of the jury members? Or a negative bias within the juries that "we are here to stop "fun" entries? I reallly dont know...
But even so, I do think the juries should stay on. And at least this proves to me that the juries are not pro/contra countries (at least not in most cases); rather they are pro/contra certain type of songs. Norway has been saved by juries before; Both Silent Storm and A Monster Like Me were pushed into top 10 by the juries.

Last year they did the same with Denmark. Denmark (5) in televoting final and Serbia (12) in televoting final. Malta and Latvia would jury send to final. Both was botnom 4 in televoting in semi 2.

Alaska49

don't be insane. you know there are participants who don't care about juries or televotes or anything, right? i find it normal and healthy that michal didn't care about the jury and we should encourage people like him.

sigi

Because the song is cheap as hell

crashworld

Veteran
Whatever it is, a top 5 overall is still a very good results. Remember the talk that we don't even think it will qualify, let alone be the televote winner and a top 5 placing.
I think they would be happy that outside the competition, they are doing well on the charts. Currently at no. 10 on the iTunes WW chart, the 2nd best-charting ESC song after Duncan.

Preuss

Personally I don’t understand what makes our song supposedly cheap but «She Got Me» not but hey different opinions
I don’t think any of those songs are cheap

Realest

No Top5 anymore.

Preuss

And Norwegians and the newspapers were so happy that we beat Sweden...

Preuss

This is a mess and very unfortunate for KEIINO
especially since they got a lot question how it felt to beat Sweden
and the fact that we beat Sweden after some of them making fun of our entry was on the front page on a similar line that we won the televote

wtf

If you're the televoting winner, I don't think it even matters if you're 5th or 6th or which countries you beat. :rolleyes:

Preuss

I mean top five is "something"
i mean it's top ten
top five
top three
winner
no one says top six

wtf

I mean top five is "something"
i mean it's top ten
top five
top three
winner
no one says top six

True but I think televoting winner sounds better than top three, five or ten. ;)

Top Bottom