9 4.5%

7 3.5%

7 3.5%

4 2.0%

15 7.5%

• Total voters

Ezio

Veteran
Ezio, you came quite harsh at Norway and people's tastes with your first post. So, you can't be surprised that some people feel attacked and will take highly aggressive stance. In the end, ESC is not a science, it is a debate about tastes (and juries and politics).

I am not surprised, and I am alive and kicking as usual.

I am used to getting attacked myself on a personal level and to delivering responses.

Carian

I am not surprised, and I am alive and kicking as usual.

I am used to getting attacked myself on a personal level and to delivering responses.

Well, if that is so, then perhaps you are communicating in a wrong way. I am not used to being attacked on a personal level here. People question my opinions and conclusions, we disagree, but I am not attacked on a personal level.

As for growing up in the 1990's - so what if you did not like the music back then? That's your opinion, like it is mine to think that it was okey. I mean, your wording is indeed provocative and rude, and I don't have any desire to enter into further argument(s) with you about musical tastes. It's pointless.

Ezio

Veteran
Well, if that is so, then perhaps you are communicating in a wrong way. I am not used to being attacked on a personal level here. People question my opinions and conclusions, we disagree, but I am not attacked on a personal level.

As for growing up in the 1990's - so what if you did not like the music back then? That's your opinion, like it is mine to think that it was okey. I mean, your wording is indeed provocative and rude, and I don't have any desire to enter into further argument(s) with you about musical tastes. It's pointless.

If you don't have the desire to enter into arguments with me, then I don't get why you still quoting me. But to each their own.
xshrug

Carian

If you don't have the desire to enter into arguments with me, then I don't get why you still quoting me. But to each their own.
xshrug

Ahm, I actually don't have a feud with you, but my impression is that you are looking for a catfight, and I am simply just not willing to give you one. In all honesty, I don't know you, maybe your bird died today, maybe you stepped in dang, I don't know. I've just tried to point out that you are obviously irritated and you are coming hard on Norway and people like me who liked it. In a rational and polite way, I wanted to give you a hint to show some sensitivity. That's all. Anyways, I am off to eat. I wish you a wonderful rest of this day. See you around.

Ezio

Veteran
LOL, that's just petty talking. It's your problem if you take criticism on a song personal, not mine. Enjoy your meal!

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Well, this is yet another example of why we should be grateful that we have juries in ESC, and that the voting should be 100% jury voting.. The thought alone of this abomination winning ESC and making it go back to the 2000-2006 dark ages is simply shivering.

Kitakaze

As much as I loved the song from the brief snippet they played at the MGP artist announcement, to the weeks leading up to the show, to the final performances this week. At no point did I ever dream I was hearing this year’s televote winner. In what was a very disappointing results show, this was the biggest surprise and best result of the night! I’m so happy for them.

southernstars

Australia awarded our 12 televote points to Norway. I didn't personally vote for them but I did like the song :) pretty amazing how well they did there!!

nofuxCZ

This has always been my guilty pleasure, so I enjoyed it but didn't really think it could get such a good result :) they had a great performance last night, convinced me to send them 1 vote as well :) I was reading some Czech discussions about Eurovision and lots of non-fans and first time ESC viewers mentioned they only liked Norway.

shameless

no juries still give us tamara advancing and tying north macedonia's best placement ever. we can safely say FUCK JURIES, as wonderful her success was to see.
No juries would've also meant that Tamara would've qualified on her first attempt ten years ago. :D

popavapeur

I remember when my mom chooses Norway as her best song.

She liked Ukraine in 2016, Portugal in 2017 and Israel in 2018 but I was "I guess Norway is not gonna win this year so she "failed" to find the winner this year but she actually was right in some way. I'm gonna ask her each year and bet and give her half the money lmao.

midnightsun

Veteran
I've just discovered that I had not only won 1.000 but even 1.300 Euro if Norway won. I forgot that I placed a bet at two betting providers, but one had a winning limit of 300 Euro.
I placed my bet on Norway (10 Euro at one provider, 3 at another) when the odds were 1/101 - a few days before the final, by the way, but I was really convinced it would be enough to win overall. I would have never thought juries let them down so much!

spinachpie

Well, this is yet another example of why we should be grateful that we have juries in ESC, and that the voting should be 100% jury voting.. The thought alone of this abomination winning ESC and making it go back to the 2000-2006 dark ages is simply shivering.

Yes let's let Sweden win every year!

And why should a handful of people have a bigger say than 200m?

spinachpie

I've just discovered that I had not only won 1.000 but even 1.300 Euro if Norway won. I forgot that I placed a bet at two betting providers, but one had a winning limit of 300 Euro.
I placed my bet on Norway (10 Euro at one provider, 3 at another) when the odds were 1/101 - a few days before the final, by the way, but I was really convinced it would be enough to win overall. I would have never thought juries let them down so much!

I had a bet too - but for them to win the televote. The televote shows what people actually want to win.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I'm guessing not. From memory they didn't have any such issues in SF2 and the jury disliked them there too (they were 11th in the SF2 jury scores. #robbed).

that #11 in SF 2 was ridiculous, but going to the top 3 is still a possibility as the scores weren't so far apart.

anyway legends

Grinch

So, you guys won TV! That makes Norway the winner in my eye. It wasn't even in my top 15 list but congrats!

And let 6 people decide in the name of the whole country? The most BS thing I've ever heard in Eurovision history EVER! Thankfully, people like you are minority.

Preuss

Eurovision's got to come to Norway one year though so I can attend without traveling so far :D

I'm really excited for the NF next year as I think it's gonna be a hit or miss with how NRK's planned to do it, but hopefully one of the "partfinals" will be close where I live so I can attend instead of having to travel all the way to Oslo :D

Top Bottom