Contact us

WLSC 54 in Vylkuzeme - 'Journey to Childhood' - The Results Show from page #8

as78

Re: WLSC 54 in Vylkuzeme - 'Journey to Childhood' - Submit your entries ~ DDL: 11th November 23:59 CET

The draw:

fvta.jpg

Show will be posted in a few hours. :D

Celia

Re: WLSC 54 in Vylkuzeme - 'Journey to Childhood' - Submit your entries ~ DDL: 11th November 23:59 CET

I think it's my earliest draw to date :D looking forward to it! xcheer

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

^^ Yes, I'm curious to get to know more about people who take part in the WLSC. But the theme, an awesome one, was your idea, and not being a master with graphics is only secondary, I'm sure you'll do it look great!! xup

as78

Re: WLSC 54 in Vylkuzeme - 'Journey to Childhood' - The SHOW! ~ Voting DDL: 18th November 23:59 CET

The show has been posted on the 1st page. :D xcheer

If someone wants to tell more why your chosen book, story, movie is so significant or about any particular memories about childhood you are welcome to do it here in the thread. :D

Good luck to everyone! xcheer

nekoisneko

Re: WLSC 54 in Vylkuzeme - 'Journey to Childhood' - The SHOW! ~ Voting DDL: 18th November 23:59 CET

AMAZING SHOW !!! xbow xbow xbow (as usual :D )

and I'll tell the story of Evangelion later, one of the my fave anime (and movie) :D

Milos-BC

Amazing show, my friend, the banners are just marvelous xbow !

Well done xcheers :D

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Awesome banners and show, Aigars! xlove xbow

My banner is about a book that told different stories about those two guys (Max und Moritz) and it was written by Wilhelm Busch, German author. From what I remember they were constantly in trouble. :D

I also had tapes with their stories and ofc, I simply LOVED all of them xheart (the stories not the tapes! xrofl2)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Great show, Aigars :eek: xbow
Harry Potter twice and Roll with the wind xbow xlove

nekoisneko

About Neon Genesis Evangelion : The End of Evangelion

well, as you know, I'm a fan of Japanese culture, esp for the anime :mrgreen:
I like robotic anime since my childhood until now :mrgreen:
It's so fascinating and offering great battle scenes :mrgreen:
My fave from my childhood would be Gundam series, but then I picked NEON GENESIS EVANGELION xheya
I could say, this anime has the most sophisticated and complicated story line (I even watched again the series not a long time ago because it's still confusing xcrazy)
this series is not ended at the last episode but in the movie, called "NEON GENESIS EVANGELION : THE END OF EVANGELION"

13041812175545_l.jpg

So this is the short resume about the anime :mrgreen: :
In the future, humankind will be tested by the God by sending them "Angels". The "Angels" actually have duty to sweep off the humankind from the world. The humankind are trying to fight back against the "Angels" by using EVA (Denomination of Evangelion) which is created based on "ADAM", the first angel that been kept by the humankind since "First Impact".
EVA is a robot that synchronize with the pilot (just like Pacific Rim's robot). This anime will tell us about human fight against angel. There are 13 angels (AFAIK) and at THE END OF EVANGELION will tell us how human greed will bring the end of the world and brings nothingness to the world.

The opening song from the anime

Celia

The show is so cute! I love the idea for this edition xheartxheartxheart
I just voted. it was really hard to rank my highest pointers :D

About my banner, well, I just love Harry Potter xheart I grew up pretty much at the same time as the characters in the book so they've been in a way my "companions" through childhood and teenagehood. I've cried, I've laughed, I've spent nights awake reading in bed, I've waited for the next books to be released like crazy and met great people because of our love for the HP series.
And if the whole magic world wasn't amazing enough, there are really important matters underneath (friendship, love, discrimination...)
Ok, cheesy-mood OFF:mrgreen:

(btw I chose the Philosopher's Stone because I thought I had to pick one, but it doesn't matter. The firs book is the beginning xheart and I know many of its scenes by heart because I've read it way too many times :oops:)

as78

AMAZING SHOW !!! xbow xbow xbow (as usual :D )
Amazing show, my friend, the banners are just marvelous xbow !

Well done xcheers :D
Awesome banners and show, Aigars! xlove xbow
Amazing banners xlove

"The Lion King" and "Tom & Jerry: The Movie" xbow
Great show, Aigars :eek: xbow
Harry Potter twice and Roll with the wind xbow xlove
The show is so cute! I love the idea for this edition xheartxheartxheart
WONDERFUL show Aigars!! xlove xcheer xbow I love my banner. xlove And the opening and closing acts of course. :D xlove

Thank you so much for the kind words. xlove xhug
It was pleasure to strive and I'm so glad you like it. And I'm happy that you enjoy the concept of this edition. xheart
Childhood was a very important part of my life and I love to wallow in memories. Hope you too. :D

I'm sorry if maybe some image chosen for the banners is not what you expected to see. I was trying to choose which fits to the show as a whole. :)

as78

My chosen story - a fairy play written by Anna Brigadere (Latvian writer) in 1903 "Sprīdītis" (sometimes called "The Tale of Sprīdītis").
It's about young boy from a Latvian peasant family and his fantastic adventures in a nearby forest. You can also find there many of the characters from Latvian mythology. This is the story which helps everyone to understand moral values and teaches us to be brave and honest, to love our homeland and to stand against evil force.

It was my favorite story in my childhood and I still love it a lot. xheart xheart xheart

There is also a movie based on this work. It was released in 1985 and it was a joint project of the Latvian and Czech film studios.
Maybe some of you already have seen this film as it was also dubbed in German (title - "Das Märchen vom Däumling").
If not here you can watch (in German):
Das Märchen vom Däumling Deutsch LANG - YouTube

In my banner I used the picture of this book cover (one of it's countless editions). Also in the opening banner I used image from this movie.
Opening act is a song from this film written by Imants Kalniņš - "Ceļš uz mājām" (also known as "Piena ceļš"), it's a bit later version than was actually in the film, but I think this is the best version. xlove

ClassifiedCat

Cake Island or Srivijaya will win I think.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

I didn't remember Tom & Jerry! xlove I absolutely loved them! :D

I also loved these two guys, one of them very unfortunate: xrofl2

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Aigars, I didn't forget to vote, I will submit my votes tomorrow morning! xrunhugxcheer

My votes will arrive by the end of the night :D

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

I grew up pretty much at the same time as the characters in the book so they've been in a way my "companions" through childhood and teenagehood.

+1 I even played Harry Potter trio vs Filch with them xrofl3
I was Ron :oops: xlove He's my fav character :D

As for the show, thank you so much Aigars for remiding me. xrunhug I will definetely vote. SOON :D

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Oh dear, deadline is tonight and I didn't notice that it would be so soon. I won't be able to vote again. Sorry everyone xcry1

Top Bottom