Back in November, we saw the Maltese hopefuls take to the stage in Marsa, in hope of winning the honour of being the 28th representative of Malta in the Eurovision Song Contest. At the end of the evening on the 22nd of November, it became apparent that Amber and her song ‘Warrior’ was the clear winner, by gaining the maximum points from the Jury and the Televote.
Here at escunited.com we like to bring our readers closer to the singers, so, we have been in contact with the wonderful Amber:
Hi Amber, thank you for agreeing to do an interview with www.escunited.com. First of all, congratulations on winning the Maltese ticket to Vienna!!!
1. You have attempted to represent Malta a few times prior to winning MESC, did you expect to win? and how did it feel when you stormed the scoreboard and got the maximum points?
I knew Warrior was a brilliant song but this was my fifth attempt at Malta Eurovision so I couldn’t be sure of victory. I felt fantastic when I did win. Nothing can beat the feeling. I was so excited. The fact that I scored maximum points from the jury as well from the public gives me great satisfaction.
2. You have been to Eurovision before, when you performed alongside Kurt, so you kind of already know what to expect. What, if anything, will you take from your experience in 2012?
I loved every minute in Baku and I’m sure Vienna 2015 will be just as good if not better. What I’ve learnt is that you need to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. It’s a fantastic opportunity to meet people from all over Europe and make new friends.
3. Does the fact that Malta recently hosted the Junior Eurovision put any extra pressure on you to bring the trophy back?
I don’t think it puts extra pressure on me but what Junior Eurovision did prove was that Malta can stage a first class show. Malta has really raised the standards of the Junior Eurovision. Everyone now sees Malta as the ideal destination to host the perfect Eurovision Song Contest.
4. Although only a few songs have been selected so far, have you listened to any of the other selected songs? if so, who do you see as your main contender?
It’s early days. Come back and ask me when I’ve heard more.
5. You have been placed in the First half of the Second Semi-Final, do you believe this is a positive or negative thing?
Neither really. If the song is powerful enough, and I believe Warrior is, then people should remember it when they come to vote.
6. Will you make many changes to the song / performance in May from what we saw in November?
Yes, we are making some changes to the song so that it sounds as good as it can. I plan to keep my performance simple because I want it to be all about the music.
7. What are your plans prior to Eurovision? Do you have a promo tour planned?
I’d like to promote the song in a few places in Europe. But I’m also studying for my University exams so no schedule is pinned down yet.
8. Have you taken any advice from any former participants regarding Eurovision?
I’ve spoken to a few previous entrants. They tell me to enjoy it to the full, don’t stress, prepare well and interact with the fans. That sounds like wise advice to me.
9. Now for a random question: What is your favourite ever Eurovision song?
There have been a few but if I had to choose just one I’d say Euphoria by Loreen.
10. Do you have any questions for the ESCUnited.com readers?
Yes, my question is: do you like my song and do you have a phone? If so, you know what to do. Big kisses from Malta. Follow me on the official Maltese Eurovision facebook page: www.facebook.com/EurovisionSongMalta
Malta: "Warrior" Revampted Version on Monday 9th of March - ESCunited.comESCunited.com
March 6, 2015 at 19:36
[…] To read our very own interview with Amber regarding her Eurovision entry click HERE […]
Nikon D810 price
February 8, 2015 at 12:58
30) frame rate in full HD video mode, a stereo microphone, and
the ability to stream uncompressed video to an external monitor via HDMI while simultaneously recording to the memory card.
It’s a DVD Tool, Ti – Vo Converter, MXF Converter and AVCHD Converter at the same time.
” Tom, one of Aunsoft i – Media Converter users, commented.