Icelandic broadcaster RUV will stick to the same recipe as in previous years – Söngvakeppnin.
These 12 participants will be divided into two semifinals and you can also hear their songs here:
- Ari Ólafsson – Heim / Our Choice
- Aron Hannes – Golddigger / Gold Digger
- Áttan – Hér með þér / Here for You
- Dagur Sigurðarson – Í stormi / Saviour
- Fókus hópurinn – Aldrei gefast upp / Battleline
- Guðmundur Þórarinsson – Litir / Colours
- Heimilistónar – Kúst og fæjó
- Rakel Pálsdóttir – Óskin mín / My Wish
- Stefanía Svavarsdóttir, Agnes Marinósdóttir & Regína Lilja Magnúsdóttir – Svaka stuð / Heart Attack
- Tómas Helgi Wehmeier & Sólborg Guðbrandsdóttir – Ég og þú / Think It Through
- Þórir Geir Guðmundsson & Gyða Margrét Kristjánsdóttir – Brosa / With You
- Þórunn Antonía – Ég mun skína / Shine
There are some familiar faces from last year. Both Aron Hannes and Rakel Pálsdóttir participated in the final of Söngvakeppnin 2017, finishing third and fifth respectively.
Svala was the 30th representative of this island nation last year in Kyiv, but she failed to qualify for the Grand Final with her song Paper.
Do #YOU think the next Icelandic representative will have more luck in Lisbon?