Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Picture of what they will be wearing:

185446450-478646650057688-8786471763024693588-n.jpg

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I expect more colour to be honest. I hope it doesn't end up too sterile looking.

Apparently there is red and blue, also some lasers etc, so we'll have to see. It really could do with some pyros throughout it though. I imagine they're saving any of that for the 2nd rehearsal though. I want to see these giant 10m-ish trumpets they apparently have. :lol:

Chrisiam

A quick snap of the lasers on the ESC's website, not the best, but its there! Just need some pyros and James and the dancers to get a good night's sleep to bring the energy then we'll have something!

gallery-19:10.jpg

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Oh god please James ditch the Doctor Who coat! xgaah

A-lister

Veteran
I applaud :uk: for bringing a song that feels straight out of :uk: radio to the Eurovision stage, I think this might be the most honest effort from the UK in years, maybe even decade/s. I hope it won't fly completely under the radar.

It's not in my personal top. 10, but not too far from it either, and I hope the UK can at least manage a top. 15 which I think would be fair.

Chrisiam

Well regardless of the end result hopefully this doesn't become a one off and we get this kind of treatment every year going forwards. Its a massive step in the right direction that is for certain.

A-lister

Veteran
Well regardless of the end result hopefully this doesn't become a one off and we get this kind of treatment every year going forwards. Its a massive step in the right direction that is for certain.

This! But a flop result might discourage BBC to try again, I'm not saying this is the best the UK could do, but it's really a step up.

Chrisiam

True. Its like I have said in the past, I am less worried about what will happen this year as I am what will happen next year. For all intents and purposes this is the first year with them working with BMG. And I hope that it is a working relationship that can grow so that we can look back at this as being the start of something great. And that we don't end up this time next year and the BBC has regressed to doing it themselves with someone they got off a talent show with a second hand song bought from another contestant.

theditz83

Veteran
This will at least stick in people's heads... "remember the big trumpets?" so we hopefully shouldn't be forgotten.

We just need to hope for a good performance to go along with the massive horns ;)

tararaaam

Hmm, I definitely lack some colour in here, and maybe because I love the song, I am a biiit dissapointed. Maybe its also because he looked tired. I think my biggest problem is I kind of expected something a bit more modern rather than ''lets take the cannons of Romania 2017 idea and make them trumpets''. But still, lets wait and see!

theditz83

Veteran
He'll bring more energy hopefully after a proper rest. If the stories about his early morning to get the flight over and then straight on the stage that afternoon are to be believed then I'm not surprised he seemed a bit tired.

I'm totally undecided on the massive trumpets and whether I like them or not. I'm settling myself on "unique and memorable" for now, and let's see what the second rehearsal shows ;)

Ianp16

Can't believe that the BBC have chosen to fly the delegation over super early in the morning AND on the same day as the first rehearsal. Unless there's some kind of COVID issue this doesn't seems supportive of the delegation. I would be shattered by the time it came round to performing.

P.S. This is the only thread I'm reading about ANY of the rehearsals just because it's my own country xshock1:xshock1:xshock1:

Ali_

I'm hoping that there's going to be so much pyro that they're saving money and bringing it out for the second rehearsal 🤞🤞

Top Bottom