Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisiam

I can easily see the second rehearsal being better; there will be more energy as they won't have had to get up early to get shipped to the contest for a start. I'd like to hope there is still a couple things they are holding back like pyros and stuff. From what little I have seen it just needs a little something to push it up to make it truly great staging.

Or at the very least great by the UK's standards which, ya know, not always been the best. Or even that existent in the past.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Can't believe that the BBC have chosen to fly the delegation over super early in the morning AND on the same day as the first rehearsal. Unless there's some kind of COVID issue this doesn't seems supportive of the delegation. I would be shattered by the time it came round to performing.

P.S. This is the only thread I'm reading about ANY of the rehearsals just because it's my own country xshock1:xshock1:xshock1:

It's ironic if they penny pinched like that. One of my friends used to work for the BBC and her boss used to get a private hire taxi transport thing daily form Stevenage to the BBC centre in London because he didn't want to get a train - so they're not above wasting vast amounts of money on pointless stuff and an extra night in a hotel room doesn't seem pointless. All things considered he sounded good for someone who was probably feeling dead to the world by the time he walked on stage.

Chrisiam

So, apparently in the press conference James confirmed there would be no pyros in the final performance. Which either means he is playing coy and there will be. Or he is being honest and there won't be.

So at this point we need to hope that James and The Newmans (which is apparently what they are calling his backing dancers) really bring the energy for the final performances. Though at this point we are looking at a bottom 5 finish. So lets hope that this doesn't knacker things up too much for the future and the Beeb doesn't decide to assume direct control from BMG after this.

kamc

Sorry UK but you win the award for worst staging this year.
Such a shame as the song is actually quite decent.

crashworld

Veteran
I actually like the staging, I mean besides the big ass trumpets (I can do away with it and maybe use the budget to invest in pyro), I like the blue+red+white lighting, which resembles the UK flag. It actually looks pretty slick.

I hope the camera angles are good. James really needs to up his energy, he looks happy on stage but that's not enough.

theditz83

Veteran
No pyros will be the worst decision EVER. I saw someone suggesting that it's due to the material that the trumpets are made out of, they would be too much of a fire risk if sparks were to spray onto them. Don't know how true that is, but it's going to be so disappointing for this to have zero fire at any stage. The video with the final hook and the pyro was a great climax and would've looked great on-stage.

Ah well, let's prep ourselves for another bottom 5 finish and the inevitable "Europe hates us"/"Brexit is to blame" media coverage. 🙄

Chrisiam

Here is the thing though, they could have just done an augmented reality thing to create the effect of them. Sure, it might not have the same impact as the real thing but it would have been a neat spectacle to see and wouldn't be too hard all things considered.

Have the fire come out of the trumpets. Or hell flaming musical notes come out of the trumpets. They are just kind of sat there glowing and not doing much. And unless there is something they are holding back or the lasers are being saved till later it feels like there is something missing from the staging.

Still, I am willing to forgive them not putting the cherry on the cake with the pyros on the staging if the live performance has the energy it needs when it counts.

Sure, they can save themselves till later. But I don't want us to get to the jury show and finals and everyone just kind of looks a little absent and dead on their feet almost like it was back in 2019.

theditz83

Veteran
Life as a :uk: Eurovision fan never gets any easier does it? :lol:

Still, I'm thankful to have a song that at least represents a large part of our mainstream music industry nowadays. Baby steps everyone... 😜

AlekS

Veteran
When I've seen those hugeass trumpets for the first time I thought "Maybe ESC techies brought props for the wrong country? I mean... UK... UKraine :unsure: " :lol:

ps. I don't mind the staging (I would have done it differently tho). But his looks + he's out of breath by the end of the song. Sis, you gotta do something about it.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
Here is the thing though, they could have just done an augmented reality thing to create the effect of them.

I have read somewhere that the showrunner confirms the AR option is not offered to the delegations as part of their staging plans.

Chrisiam

When I've seen those hugeass trumpets for the first time I thought "Maybe ESC techies brought props for the wrong country? I mean... UK... UKraine :unsure: " :lol:

Plot twist: Turns out that the singer from the Ukraine entry wasn't ill the other day they were just really upset that their staging got mixed up with the UK's so now they are stuck with the tiny cardboard woods and the UK is stuck with the massive trumpets which means they can't do their usual pyros and golden shower bit they do every year.

AlekS

Veteran
Plot twist: Turns out that the singer from the Ukraine entry wasn't ill the other day they were just really upset that their staging got mixed up with the UK's so now they are stuck with the tiny cardboard woods and the UK is stuck with the massive trumpets which means they can't do their usual pyros and golden shower bit they do every year.
Also I'm not gonna poke fun at how the BBC used to slam us for our staging since 2004 and now the "bully" slid in our DMs :ROFLMAO:

theditz83

Veteran
Is this going to open the grand final?
Looking more and more likely. Maybe that will be a benefit because casual viewers won't have any expectations having seen no other performances, but I'm pretty sure all the beneficial effects of that first slot would quickly melt away with every single other song that uses pyro and flames.

I have never hoped more that someone from our national broadcaster - the very same broadcaster that I have the joyous privilege of paying £160 of my hard earned cash to EVERY SINGLE YEAR - is just flat-out lying to us but yeah, I don't see it happening xcry

Last edited:
Top Bottom