18 6.6%

25 9.2%

8 2.9%

42 15.4%

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
@ evija87

Personally, I'm no big fan of Jamala's, so I'm not that bothered sorry.

A-lister

Veteran
Some more suggestions:

Olya Polyakova (she took part in the Ukrainian NF in 2012) :mrgreen:

Kievelektro

Goryachij Shokolad (took part in the Ukrainian NF 2009)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Olya Polyakova (she took part in the Ukrainian NF in 2012)

Her pleasexheat She should have won that year. Her song was so infectious and wonderful. It was the most well sung and performed little piece of kitsch ever. I loved it!

A-lister

Veteran
... and then we have Max Barskih. He is actually the only solo male pop act in Ukraine that is any good, unfortunately his live vocals are just so-so which the juries won't like :( He came second in the Ukrainian NF 2012 with Dance and also entered the 2010 re-selection. If he'll really bootcamp his vocals, he could be a good choice because there's no doubt the stage-show will be great and he's backed up by a pretty good producer aswell.

A-lister

Veteran
Her pleasexheat She should have won that year. Her song was so infectious and wonderful. It was the most well sung and performed little piece of kitsch ever. I loved it!

Yeah, it was one of the only 3 worthy entries in that selection, and it ended up at #8 xcry

Tongue-in-cheek, a perfect mix of fun and sex without feeling contrived... she's like Verka's and Svetlana's beautiful bastard-child :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Yeah, it was one of the only 3 worthy entries in that selection, and it ended up at #8 xcry

Tongue-in-cheek, a perfect mix of fun and sex without feeling contrived... she's like Verka's and Svetlana's beautiful bastard-child :lol:

haha yes she is actually. I was thinking that whilst listening to the two other songs of hers you shared. Verka+Sveltana=dream child!xbow

She should have saved one of those two songs and entered again. They are insanely catchy and I think she would have stood a better chance with them as they are more explosive, so to say.

A-lister

Veteran
haha yes she is actually. I was thinking that whilst listening to the two other songs of hers you shared. Verka+Sveltana=dream child!xbow

She should have saved one of those two songs and entered again. They are insanely catchy and I think she would have stood a better chance with them as they are more explosive, so to say.

Apparently she's taking part in some Ukrainian music show-series currently...

and girl can actually sing well (her English sucks though :lol:)

I honestly think she's one of those "naturalized comedians"-types where being naturally funny and being able to make fun of herself comes well... natural to her (oh and she has those "eyes" of Anmary's and Alyona's and making good use of them :)):

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
My dream for Ukraine is smokey jazz singer and trombonne extraordinaire, Zhanna Wilde.

She's originally from Israel but I believe she resides in Ukraine. She'd be amazing at Eurovision. Her songs always have a trombonne solo. She'd make the crowd go wild!!

A-lister

Veteran
My dream for Ukraine is smokey jazz singer and trombonne extraordinaire, Zhanna Wilde.

She's originally from Israel but I believe she resides in Ukraine. She'd be amazing at Eurovision. Her songs always have a trombonne solo. She'd make the crowd go wild!!

Hmm, never heard of her... her voice is very "cabare-ish"...

So this woman moved BACK to :ua: from :il:??? That's not too common, usually it's the other way round :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Apparently she's taking part in some Ukrainian music show-series currently...

and girl can actually sing well (her English sucks though :lol:)

I honestly think she's one of those "naturalized comedians"-types where being naturally funny and being able to make fun of herself comes well... natural to her (oh and she has those "eyes" of Anmary's and Alyona's and making good use of them :)):

She does have a really beautiful voice. Thats part of the reason why I thought her ESC attempt was just so wonderful. She sung it so well.

I found the guys english a lot more alarming in that cover of "Yesterday". She had an accent but I didn't mind it at all.

I hope she enters something next year!

A-lister

Veteran
She does have a really beautiful voice. Thats part of the reason why I thought her ESC attempt was just so wonderful. She sung it so well.

I found the guys english a lot more alarming in that cover of "Yesterday". She had an accent but I didn't mind it at all.

I hope she enters something next year!

Well, in slow songs in general accents really disturbs me as they're much more visible :lol:

Yeah, I mean some may think she's some sort of dumb-blonde comedy act, but I think people underestimate these women... just like they underestimated Svetlana for instance. It's like people are unwilling to find any talent when a woman happens to show some skin, act cheeky and is actually good-looking aswell... but it's all ok for men to do so xshrug

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Hmm, never heard of her... her voice is very "cabare-ish"...

So this woman moved BACK to :ua: from :il:??? That's not too common, usually it's the other way round :lol:

I don't think she's too well known apart from her lgbt work maybe. She's featured in documentary's.

I'm not actually too sure of her situation. At the moment it says on her youtube channel that she's in Israel so she probably moved back as of now. Maybe i'll campaign for her to represent Israel instead. I think she has a wonderful voice. Very cabaret as you mentioned, very warm and charismatic.

A-lister

Veteran
I don't think she's too well known apart from her lgbt work maybe. She's featured in documentary's.

I'm not actually too sure of her situation. At the moment it says on her youtube channel that she's in Israel so she probably moved back as of now. Maybe i'll campaign for her to represent Israel instead. I think she has a wonderful voice. Very cabaret as you mentioned, very warm and charismatic.

Well, for being gay I know very little about the "lgbt" stuff going on :lol: ... I totally live in my own little world unattached from practically everything :lol:

There's alot of Ukrainian Jews that moved to Israel, I'd be surprised if many moved back... but on the other hand I saw this interesting documentary about ex-USSR-Jews in Israel and how they created their own little "Russian"-bubble and actually seem more attached to their former USSR-countries than Israel...

WhoKnows

Yes, obviously hallucinating :lol:

What in Lama's act and music is 10000x cheesy?? :lol:

LOL. Not cheesy, but there's a certain "tra-la-la" quality to both their music. I don't know why I made that connection.

As re your point about Max's vocals. Yeah, compared to Zlata, Gaitana, Alyosha, etc, his vocal abilities come up short, but it's decent enough that it could work under certain conditions.

I wonder how Jamala's new album is doing, sales-wise (is that even a thing in Ukraine?)? She's hit or miss for me, but with a right song, she could be glorious. However, she seems so full of herself that I almost don't want to bother with her. Like, she's not even that big a star! Get off your high horse, girl.

WhoKnows

Well, in slow songs in general accents really disturbs me as they're much more visible :lol:

Yeah, I mean some may think she's some sort of dumb-blonde comedy act, but I think people underestimate these women... just like they underestimated Svetlana for instance. It's like people are unwilling to find any talent when a woman happens to show some skin, act cheeky and is actually good-looking aswell... but it's all ok for men to do so xshrug

LOL. What men have been appreciated for acting cheeky, showing skin and being good-looking? Women definitely have a wider range of images for which they get appreciation.

A-lister

Veteran
LOL. Not cheesy, but there's a certain "tra-la-la" quality to both their music. I don't know why I made that connection.

Don't put Lama's quality music next to Gianlunca :lol:

As re your point about Max's vocals. Yeah, compared to Zlata, Gaitana, Alyosha, etc, his vocal abilities come up short, but it's decent enough that it could work under certain conditions.

True, for him the song and performance will be most crucial though, we wouldn't wanna risk him come across as Russia 2011 right?

I wonder how Jamala's new album is doing, sales-wise (is that even a thing in Ukraine?)? She's hit or miss for me, but with a right song, she could be glorious. However, she seems so full of herself that I almost don't want to bother with her. Like, she's not even that big a star! Get off your high horse, girl.

I don't think she's that popular tbh, and yes she's acting as if she was some sort of Ani Lorak/Ruslana/Loboda star :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
LOL. What men have been appreciated for acting cheeky, showing skin and being good-looking? Women definitely have a wider range of images for which they get appreciation.

Well, men can be sexy and good looking without being called different names, that's what I meant. While women are being called "cheap", "untalented" etc. xshrug

WhoKnows

Well, men can be sexy and good looking without being called different names, that's what I meant. While women are being called "cheap", "untalented" etc. xshrug

Well, if those men tried to perform in their underwear, the reaction would probably be different.

And leave me alone about that Malta-Lama comparison, lmao. Obviously Lama is infinitely better, but.... I don't even know. THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE. Happy?

;)

anto475

Making this point in the Ukraine thread is ridiculous, sure Ani Lorak/Tina Karol/Ruslana are super-talented, and they did the showing-some-skin/good-looking thing, and Ani Lorak and Tina Karol were all cheeky on stage, and their voices are mad powerful.

Top Bottom