16 5.9%

18 6.6%

25 9.2%

8 2.9%

42 15.4%

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
Making this point in the Ukraine thread is ridiculous, sure Ani Lorak/Tina Karol/Ruslana are super-talented, and they did the showing-some-skin/good-looking thing, and Ani Lorak and Tina Karol were all cheeky on stage, and their voices are mad powerful.

In what way is it ridiculous? Alot of people have been calling them, including other female acts, alot of degrading names and even "untalented" because they happened to be sexy and showing some skin... I'd say it's just sexism though. People just can't take that a woman can be clever, talented AND sexy/ good-looking at the same time...

Fortunately, there are also many that don't agree with that mindset, I guess including you since you called them talented aswell ;)

anto475

In what way is it ridiculous? Alot of people have been calling them, including other female acts, alot of degrading names and even "untalented" because they happened to be sexy and showing some skin... I'd say it's just sexism though. People just can't take that a woman can be clever, talented AND sexy/ good-looking at the same time...

Fortunately, there are also many that don't agree with that mindset, I guess including you since you called them talented aswell ;)

No, I agree, I mean no one mentioned anything about Anggun's dancers/acrobats other than how flexible they were last year, and Svetlana Loboda's sexy gladiators weren't even picked up upon whereas Svetlana was tarred with the slutty tits from Eastern Europe brush :? It's total systematic sexism! As is the opposite, like Chiara was slammed as fat and ugly, despite the fact that she has the voice of an angel (sorry for the joke). The media can be disgusting.

WhoKnows

No, I agree, I mean no one mentioned anything about Anggun's dancers/acrobats other than how flexible they were last year, and Svetlana Loboda's sexy gladiators weren't even picked up upon whereas Svetlana was tarred with the slutty tits from Eastern Europe brush :? It's total systematic sexism! As is the opposite, like Chiara was slammed as fat and ugly, despite the fact that she has the voice of an angel (sorry for the joke). The media can be disgusting.

But nobody is calling female dancers names either. The only reason why those male dancers even get any attention is because most ESC fans are gay, so duh.

I honestly don't see sexism in what you guys are talking about. The fact of the matter is, most male singers don't sing half-naked. They too sell sex, but somewhat differently. If say, Marco Mengoni performed his song in his underwear only, he'd be laughed at and nobody would take him seriously. Even when male singers try to push boundaries just a little, they get ridiculed. Look at Dima Bilan. Sure he's a sex symbol to some, but also a butt of jokes to others.

A-lister

Veteran

This, unfortunately it wasn't just he media, I've read alot of nasty comments by "fans" aswell throughout the years. There is an obvious double standard when it comes to males and females for sure.

A-lister

Veteran
But nobody is calling female dancers names either. The only reason why those male dancers even get any attention is because most ESC fans are gay, so duh.

I honestly don't see sexism in what you guys are talking about. The fact of the matter is, most male singers don't sing half-naked. They too sell sex, but somewhat differently. If say, Marco Mengoni performed his song in his underwear only, he'd be laughed at and nobody would take him seriously. Even when male singers try to push boundaries just a little, they get ridiculed. Look at Dima Bilan. Sure he's a sex symbol to some, but also a butt of jokes to others.

Well, it wouldn't fit Marco's entry :lol:

Dima wasn't laughed at for that reason though, just that he is rather sleazy (he is so NOT sexy :lol:) ... point was that women gets called all nasty names in the book, while men gets a free-pass...

A-lister

Veteran
That woman exist and her name is Zlata Ognevich

Zlata is like overly human, I can't really find anything wrong with that woman yet... she's ridiculously talented in her field, very good looking, has a stage presence... phew what a lady!

Jim

I've realized that Ukraine has very strong artists! I expect another excellent artist for 2014...

A-lister

Veteran
I've realized that Ukraine has very strong artists! I expect another excellent artist for 2014...

They do, in particular female ones... so it's no wonder they stick to females.

I'm no kidding, but had these ladies been American or British by nationality, they would all be world-wide stars now because most of them are far better looking than the American female pop stars, and way more talented aswell.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I want Gaitana again :D maybe with a ballad hehe!

Fred

As I said, Zlata is like a sweet princess ... or "Like a butterfly!" :3
I love her, she is not from this world.

Fluke

I seriously think Zlata should do it again! Though maybe not now.... but after all, Carola and Dima Bilan won on their second try :p

Eugene

But my favorite performance at X-Factor was this:

I think next song should be at ukrainian language.

WhoKnows

I want X-Factor winner Aida Nikolaichuk at eurovision 2014:

She has an amazing voice. She's pretty to look at. I don't know how much stage presence she has. Also, her new song is pretty bland. If she's to have a chance, someone should write her a good song first.

Top Bottom