27 9.9%

16 5.9%

18 6.6%

25 9.2%

8 2.9%

42 15.4%

• Total voters

Somebody

Is it possible for Zlata to take part in ESC once more just the year after she came 3rd? I mean, some coutries don't let the same people represent them one more time (especially in a row)

Maybe in 2015? Like Dima Bilan?

uncommon

[video=youtube;f4Y7pR92Blo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f4Y7pR92Blo[/video]

[video=youtube;S_obCJ_8jmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S_obCJ_8jmA[/video]

A-lister

Veteran
Illaria

Antonina Matvienko

Iryna Fedyshyn

Erika

Maria Yaremchuk

A-lister

Veteran
And great Ukrainian bands (my bet is that none of these would want to enter anyways):

Lama

Okean Elzy

Druha Rika

Antytila (the lead singer here is together with Alyosha :))

A-lister

Veteran
Oh, and then of course there's always Potap & Nastya :mrgreen: (highly doubt they would enter though, and quite frankly I'm sorta bored with them, and rap never works in ESC and now with juries they would get killed - however they would still be something different and fresh in ESC xshrug).

Fluke

Hoping for another "Be My Valentine"- type spectacle next, Ukraine has been the name for visually spectacular numbers, this year was a bit disappointing, don't disappoint us next year! :)

Eurovision+Song+Contest+Moscow+2009+2nd+Semi+ljB5WYOLFtzl.jpg

Celia

I came to post Erika and Nebo Popolam but you already did! xbow Please :ua: , something nice, a sad honest ballad in Ukrainian/Russian xpray

A-lister

Veteran
Hoping for another "Be My Valentine"- type spectacle next, Ukraine has been the name for visually spectacular numbers, this year was a bit disappointing, don't disappoint us next year! :)

Eurovision+Song+Contest+Moscow+2009+2nd+Semi+ljB5WYOLFtzl.jpg

Agree!

But the juries need to be kicked out before this will happen again, they only care for vocals mostly... they're no fans of big shows... Ukraine 2009 was the grand finally of an era (2004-2009), we won't see anything as spectacular again as long as the juries are still in.

ESC has becoming such a boring show when they were brought back, nowadays it's almost like a 3 hour sleeping pill with one ballad and boring performance after the other Zzzz....

Ukraine was always one of those countries one looked forward to because you just knew you were in for a real treat each year, but now the "less is more" attitude is taking over and everyone putting any effort to entertain the viewers with a grand show is suddenly regarded as "gimmicky", while being lazy and boring is hailed as "quality"... How can lazy and ignorant being better entertainment than putting alot of time and effort to make a great show for the viewers? xshrug

WhoKnows

Ooh Lama! I would love for her to go. She's probably my favorite Ukrainian female vocalist. Plus, she's one of the few who could actually go with a song in Ukrainian. I'm not entirely confident that she'll have wide enough appeal to really succeed, but given this year's results of Malta, Hungary and Netherlands, I think she can do a top ten.

A-lister

Veteran
Ooh Lama! I would love for her to go. She's probably my favorite Ukrainian female vocalist. Plus, she's one of the few who could actually go with a song in Ukrainian. I'm not entirely confident that she'll have wide enough appeal to really succeed, but given this year's results of Malta, Hungary and Netherlands, I think she can do a top ten.

Malta? huh?

Anyhow, I love Lama aswell, my fav Ukrainian act... but she/they doesn't seem interested at entering... and although I like her vocals, I'm fearing she could struggle with the juries considering they're not really conventionally "good"...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Ah Svetlana, what a legend! I want her back so badly. All the old Ukrainian entries were great. Svetlana, Verka, Tina, Ruslana.. bring one of those back. I miss those days. As A-Lister says, they probably won't happen again as long as the jury are there. They would absolutely destroy Ruslana today for instance.. infact all four I mentioned would be slayed by the jury:cry:

WhoKnows

RainyWoods, Svetlana participated the year that the jury was introduced. She finished somewhere around 15 with them (if my memory serves me right), but it didn't have an effect on her overall position with the televotes.

Malta? huh?

Anyhow, I love Lama aswell, my fav Ukrainian act... but she/they doesn't seem interested at entering... and although I like her vocals, I'm fearing she could struggle with the juries considering they're not really conventionally "good"...

You don't think Malta falls under a similar category of music that Lama makes? Maybe I was hallucinating, lol. I think the deal with the juries too is that they don't hesitate to vote for a perceived 'frontrunner' regardless of the actual quality. I mean, how else does one explain Sweden ending so high with them this year? Heck, even Russia 2012 didn't do that badly with the jury.

HabaHaba

I think Ukraine should send Kamaliya....!!!!!

Nikkita

Max Barskih please...or you can send him in my house too.

evija87

Jamala says no.... xcry

Джамала: Я не верю в чеÑ?тноÑ?Ñ‚ÑŒ конкурÑ?а «Евровидение» - story.com.ua

Q: Many musical experts want you to represent Ukraine in Eurovision 2014. Are you ready to go to the contest?
J: You know, I don't believe in fairness of the contest. And when I don't believe in something, I don't want to take part in it. I don't believe song or voice wins there.

So much for hopes of many of us here...

Somebody please tell her, that it's a great music forum and stage to present your music to Europe and when you're great, no matter the result, you'll get many, many fans all over Europe... or maybe she doesn't want to reach out to new people?

A-lister

Veteran
You don't think Malta falls under a similar category of music that Lama makes? Maybe I was hallucinating, lol.

Yes, obviously hallucinating :lol:

What in Lama's act and music is 10000x cheesy?? :lol:

Top Bottom