Contact us

Türkmenistan - Turkmenistan

amateur

^I agree. I read the translation and i liked the lyrics too, but the melody is really great. If Turkey or Azerbaijan(or why not Turkmenistan it self) send an entry like that in ESC, it`ll get my call xhug

Where did you exactly read the translation? I think I searched the whole Internet and I can't even find the lyrics, not to mention the translation.

A-lister

Veteran
Еurope is part of the continent Eurasia. Like it or not.

What are you on about? Europe IS a geographical continent divided from Asia by the Ural and Caucasus mountains and the Black Sea/Mediterranean connection passage.

Eurasia is a totally different thing.

The "political" borders you're referring to are for instance counting all of Russia to Europe (eventhough it's geographically not) or the geographically disputed Cyprus.

Last edited:

CC92

What is the 'Political Europe'? Who belongs to it and who decides that? I do not like the term as it implies there was "ONE [of course westernised] European main culture/attitude" that either a country has or has not. And if it belongs to this group it will be classified as enlightened / 'advanced'.
If I understand it wrong please teach me right.

nikolay_BG

Banned
Where did you exactly read the translation? I think I searched the whole Internet and I can't even find the lyrics, not to mention the translation.

I participated in an online contest and the player that sent the song for Turkmenistan was a turkmen and he translated it

Farahim

I agree Turkmenistan is not in Europe, however, Armenia and Israel either:)

Europe_polar_stereographic_Caucasus_Urals_boundary.svg

Last edited:

Galandar

Frankly speaking I am against Central Asian countries to join ESC. Apart from Kazakhstan they have nothing to do with Europe neither culturally nor geograhically

Raul_Spain

What counts is what matters to EBU. If Turkmenistan (Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, ...) joins the Council of Europe one day (most probably as ex-USSR country) it will have the right to take part in the ESC.

Yamarus

Turkmenistan is outside the European Broadcasting Area and thus not eligible to participate.

Yamarus

It doesn't matter if it's outside, if Turkmenistan becomes a COE member it can.

I highly doubt it. A country must be within the Area to be a member of the EBU. Council of Europe is a political institution.

Scooby

Armenia and Israel are totally different stories and can't compared with Turkmenistan, Algeria or some other non european country.

Top Bottom