Contact us

Türkmenistan - Turkmenistan

MyHeartIsYours

Ohh really..? them explain to me why others countries don't complain when Malta & Ireland almost always had to exchange points to UK..???
My answer was directed to Nikolay. But anyway, we only vote for each other when we like each other's songs (Ireland and Malta did not give us any high points this year for example, because unfortunately, they didnt like our song as much as others). And I know for a fact that some people do complain about it so to say people dont complain is wrong. You wouldnt have mentioned it would you if you didnt moan about it ;).

CC92

It was tongue-in-cheek speaking I guess. Azerbaijan has not given always 10 to Russia either.

CC92

My answer was directed to Nikolay. But anyway, we only vote for each other when we like each other's songs (Ireland and Malta did not give us any high points this year for example, because unfortunately, they didnt like our song as much as others). And I know for a fact that some people do complain about it so to say people dont complain is wrong. You wouldnt have mentioned it would you if you didnt moan about it ;).

Do you know how Maltese and the Irish have voted for/what they liked? I thought broadcasters and EBU would still hide it.

CPV4931

I don´t miss countries like Turkmenistan/Uzbekistan in Eurovision.
It´s really improbably, they ever will participate because of their geographical position, but if they will, I would be keyed up.

nikolay_BG

Banned
What about their geographical position. I hope that I`m not the only one who knows that Europe is just a political region. Right?

Quent91

continents.jpg

Europe is in dark-red.

goktengri

Banned
well we see Azerbaijan, so it's not so hard to guess who would Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan send the highest points to ;) People confuse Kazakhs with other Turkic countries but it is an exception, these countries haven't lost their Turkicness !

CC92

^ Is Kazakkhstan not Turkic in your eyes (anymore)?

PS: Oy oy has been one of the songs I most listened to some years ago. :D Perfect for ESC (Top10 for sure).

goktengri

Banned
^ No it is. But it is heavily influenced by Russians. I listen to some Kazakh songs that talks about Turkic traditions and history, and they are active member in Turkic Council so it show they haven't lost their Turkic spirit yet. And their traditions and culture are well Turkic. But it doesn't change the fact that influence of Russia is very strong there considering other Turkic states.

And oy oy, yes it is a great song :D hope she would represent Turkmenistan someday xheart

Last edited:

MyHeartIsYours

Where've you got that from? :? Europe is a geographical continent, just like North and South America are separate continents, and Asia and Africa are.

CC92

Eurovision =/= Europe. I am not sure if parts of Turkmenistan belong to Eurovision area though.

Yamarus

Ah semantics!

I think the issue here is scheduling. I mean, it's already going to be hard enough for Azeris to watch the ESC ('cause it's going to start at like, 11pm?). If Türkmenistan (or Kazakhstan) participates and wins, when will it start local time? Midnight? ...

Quent91

Еurope is part of the continent Eurasia. Like it or not.

Eurasia is a super-continent. Not a real continent. Europe is a geographical continent delimited by the Oural Mounts on the Eastern side, by the Mediterranean sea on the Southern side, by the Atlantic ocean on the Western side and by the north pole on the northern side.

Top Bottom