Che qui mi manca l’aria

Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

Chiarina

And it was impossible for Sony to ask RAI to publish at least one Sanremo performance to the public. 🙄
The problem with Sanremo performances are the record labels not Rai. The reason why Sanremo performances stay on Rai YouTube channel for just a couple of weeks is because artists and record labels want people to watch the official music videos and listen to the songs on Spotify instead of watching the performances on Rai channel where they get less money. So no, Sony wouldn't ask for a Sanremo performance to be accessible to the public because they don't profit as much from it.

Amethyst

Yeah other bands like Kings of Leon and AM and Nirvana and U2 and The Killers don't have their live performances published on their channels.

Oh c'mon, even Serbian turbo folk stars have their live shows uploaded.

Sorry, but they definitely don't have ALL their live performances on their channels. I said "every single performance on every show/program/... " they do/have done.

I mean, I wish H.I.M. published their Overdrive show at the time :lol:

And it was impossible for Sony to ask RAI to publish at least one Sanremo performance to the public. 🙄

I speak bollocks. I do.

But as I said I give up.

I don't know what happened there (if the possibility was even considered or not). All I know is that's how it is - they own the rights.

(I don't agree obviously. So many good performances lost like that... let's hope things will change xpray )

You don't have to 'give up'. I'm not disagreeing completely on your points, I was among the ones complaining before the contest, I'm just less 'negative' about it. And I think we want the same at the end so, let's move on and *finger crossed* for these guysxlove

btw, in the last post I forgot to say that I agree regarding the Kanye cover. I loved since I heard it the first time ( here the video) someone HAS to tell them to do it.

More important - the Beatlesmania had begun. They were in a shock hahaahhaha

:oops: WTH is happening?!?! I'm still not used to see this , I can't imagine how they feel living it.

Their faces :lol:

Last edited:

lacrymea

I'm hoping to see them perform in my country next year. But these crazy crowds of teenagers are scaring me a bit 😅

Good for them! They seemed shocked.

PollyWantsACracker

I'm hoping to see them perform in my country next year. But these crazy crowds of teenagers are scaring me a bit😅

Good for them! They seemed shocked.

Damiano was left speechless during interview haahahaha.

"This does not happen in Italy". 🤣

Come to the Balkans man, not only that the girlies won't haunt you, but you will find a bunch of men explaining you they sing and look better than you. 🤣🤣🤣

PollyWantsACracker

The problem with Sanremo performances are the record labels not Rai. The reason why Sanremo performances stay on Rai YouTube channel for just a couple of weeks is because artists and record labels want people to watch the official music videos and listen to the songs on Spotify instead of watching the performances on Rai channel where they get less money . So no, Sony wouldn't ask for a Sanremo performance to be accessible to the public because they don't profit as much from it.

Sony are smart really. They rather pay pricey marketing instead of giving some content for free as a free marketing.🤣

We can now discuss new music media, which one is more or less relevant, how good Spotify is, but most of us still go check YT to see and hear what we're interested. It's the fastest way and it's free and has all the features Spotfiy has.

Plus the YT has better (simplier) social media plugins and app notification system, so you are always alert and it's easy to share any content pretty much anywhere.

The most important thing being share options enabling me to send Black Skinhead cover in a sec to a friend and getting back a text in minute: Aaaaah party tmw, wear that shirt PS Who's the guy OMG? 🤣🤣🤣

H.P. Lovecraft

Polly!!!! H.P. Lovecraft is never wrong! RAI is talking about the Maneskin and they are saying that they are conquering the world rankings! The "New York Times" is praising our Rock group and ... Simon Cowell looks like he's going to be their manager!

Ashley Wright "You didn't win at my house" (Cowell in fact is originally from Congo).

EscTurkey "Maneskin overrated farts".

I would propose our two friends to Sony to be talent scouts xrofl

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

Polly !!!! H.P. Lovecraft is never wrong!

Lol, honey... if there's an Italian person who's never wrong about anything ESC-related, that's me, the almighty king of equal rights.

H.P. Lovecraft

Lol, honey... if there's an Italian person who's never wrong about anything ESC-related, that's me, the almighty king of equal rights.
We are two who have a nose for talent ;) Just yesterday I wrote to Polly that the Maneskin should have had a foreign manager. Only in this way can they exploit their potential.

That we are seeing the "breaking of the ESC bubble" that only happened to ABBA and Celine Dion?

PollyWantsACracker

Charts in :de::

#2 - Beggin
#3 - I Wanna Be Your Slave

Can´t remember the last time a Eurovision winner charting so high in Germany. xshock

I'm advancing your post, as we have entered a new rock era:

Maneskin are now officially more listened band than 4 rock legends - METALLICA and NIRVANA and U2 and GREEN DAY.

and they have dethroned their own rolemodels whom they covered - KILLERS, FRANZ FERDINAND, KINGS OF LEON AND PEARL JAM.

😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲

5 places behind ARCTIC MONKEYS - Let's dethrone them as well people! 🤣

PollyWantsACracker

Polly!!!! H.P. Lovecraft is never wrong! RAI is talking about the Maneskin and they are saying that they are conquering the world rankings! The "New York Times" is praising our Rock group and ... Simon Cowell looks like he's going to be their manager!

Ashley Wright "You didn't win at my house" (Cowell in fact is originally from Congo).

EscTurkey "Maneskin overrated farts".

I would propose our two friends to Sony to be talent scouts xrofl

I'm afraid Cowell could turn them into another English rock band, like the Killers and Arc Monkeys, as he is not the type who "thinks outside of a box".

I'd be devastated if this happens as those English bands had marked an official end to the era of rock by their digital production.

What makes Måneskin different from the others is exactly the lack of digital production and that's why they sound original.

Btw I went through my music archive yesterday, stumbled upon Led Zeppelin, and realized that au contraire of what everybody says, they don't imitate Led Zeppelin.

They play basic Hendrix's and AC/DC lines in a new method of 5 pieces composition. In the end, if I had to compare them with anybody, maybe the Cranberries melodics would be the most appropriate. Even vocally Damiano "distorts" the vocal line like Dolores, God bless her soul.

H.P. Lovecraft

I'm afraid Cowell could turn them into another English rock band, like the Killers and Arc Monkeys, as he is not the type who "thinks outside of a box".

I'd be devastated if this happens as those English bands had marked an official end to the era of rock by their digital production.

What makes Måneskin different from the others is exactly the lack of digital production and that's why they sound original.

Btw I went through my music archive yesterday, stumbled upon Led Zeppelin, and realized that au contraire of what everybody says, they don't imitate Led Zeppelin.

They play basic Hendrix's and AC/DC lines in a new method of 5 pieces composition. In the end, if I had to compare them with anybody, maybe the Cranberries melodics would be the most appropriate. Even vocally Damiano "distorts" the vocal line like Dolores, God bless her soul.
Your fears are well founded but I think Cowell, like a crafty fox, wants to take advantage of Maneskin's "being different". The Italian group is what it takes to give Rock a sprinkle and bring it back into the mainstream.

Your thoughts on Led Zeppelin and the basics of Hendrix and lines of AC / DC are very interesting! Those who have tried to schematize Maneskin bel Glam Rock or bring them closer to a specific band have failed. Maneskins are a mix of Rock and this has confused a lot of people.

I hope that the Maeskin will remain genuine but at the same time I wish them to grow by breathing Rock from the English masters and to make many good collaborations.

When some of us said that the Maneskins had "an edge" we were impressed but the facts prove us right. Sensing innovation isn't easy, and it's even less easy if your comments have an underlying bias.

Polly ... I don't want to be in the shoes of the haters, of those who said that the dictatorial song of Belarus was better than that of the Maneskin. These haters are experiencing an endless nightmare! Haha.

GianlucaTomoe

Lol at all this fanwanking from that Italian and that Bosnian towards Maneskin, when Maneskin don't even know who you are lmao

H.P. Lovecraft

Lol at all this fanwanking from that Italian and that Bosnian towards Maneskin, when Maneskin don't even know who you are lmao
The reasoning is the same when you support a football team. Do the footballers know you? It's the same when you like a movie enough to tell your friends about it. Have you ever had tea with Nolan? It's identical when you look at an artist's painting, vote for a candidate, or admire a hero saving a child's life. Estimation goes beyond knowledge. You think, I have a big poster of John Lennon in my room. Have I ever met him? No. What is supposed to prove that we don't know Damiano? What is stupid to give him credit? So we're all stupid here. Each of us has loved an artist and I don't think the forumists here know the ESC singers personally. You know, besides that, I am happy that a Bosnian woman (and many other non-Italians) love the Maneskins. They are not stupid at all but they are music lovers and people who think beyond prejudice. Because there are people here, like me who if Turkey or the UK brought a winning song I would say "Bravo!" while there are others who have given only violent and hateful words to the Maneskin song (acclaimed all over the world).

Anyway ... now that I co think, weren't you the one who said that Sanremo did not respect gender equality? Aren't you the one who is friends with Ashley Wright enough to swap thumbs for each other? Aren't you the one I said some time ago to go for a happy walk with Ashley on the streets of Birmingham (where you seem to live)? :lol:

GianlucaTomoe

The reasoning is the same when you support a football team. Do the footballers know you? It's the same when you like a movie enough to tell your friends about it. Have you ever had tea with Nolan? It's identical when you look at an artist's painting, vote for a candidate, or admire a hero saving a child's life. Estimation goes beyond knowledge. You think, I have a big poster of John Lennon in my room. Have I ever met him? No. What is supposed to prove that we don't know Damiano? What is stupid to give him credit? So we're all stupid here. Each of us has loved an artist and I don't think the forumists here know the ESC singers personally. You know, besides that, I am happy that a Bosnian woman (and many other non-Italians) love the Maneskins. They are not stupid at all but they are music lovers and people who think beyond prejudice. Because there are people here, like me who if Turkey or the UK brought a winning song I would say "Bravo!" while there are others who have given only violent and hateful words to the Maneskin song (acclaimed all over the world).

Anyway ... now that I co think, weren't you the one who said that Sanremo did not respect gender equality? Aren't you the one who is friends with Ashley Wright enough to swap thumbs for each other? Aren't you the one I said some time ago to go for a happy walk with Ashley on the streets of Birmingham (where you seem to live)? :lol:

One thing is genuinely appreciating a public person for their contribution in art, music, etc., another thing is completely losing your own mind for shameless and uninterrupted pushing and promotion in forums. I can't help but thinking that all this Maneskin promotion may result someday in something... how to say, deeper. I really hope I'm wrong: you who have a John Lennon poster, you know what happened to him at the end, don't you? ;) I really hope all their fans can somehow cool down, as time goes by. Well, they will once we will crown the next Eurovision winner anyway. So, enjoy your moment ;)

For the last part of your post, yes I believe Sanremo, MF and ESC have a gender equality problem, but that's not the topic now. For the last 2 sentences, I don't know, I barely know any other member of this forum (well, except a couple of them who I enjoy trolling, lmao).

Top Bottom