Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
As I was just listening to Maneskin's songs, I came along this version and like it. Don't know if it was posted, but:

You have to see this reaction, especially by the end of the song. The girl cried. (I understand her though hahaha). @Matt also a strong true description of the emotion that made people vote for Italy massively (as you are still on that analysis Why ITA won we have been waiting, still, haha).

Found this video. Love all the different reactions!

Bitti bu iş, Turks hahahahahhaha

Turkish people were really happy, the student dormitories were watching together and celebrating, as they are the country that had sent several amazing rock bands to the ESC but they were unjustly downgraded by the juries.

For them Måneskin's win is sort of a redemption for all Turkish rockers who failed at the ESC.

EDIT All of them laughing at Ethan hahahahh

mauve

Veteran
Bitti bu iş, Turks hahahahahhaha

Turkish people were really happy, the student dormitories were watching together and celebrating, as they are the country that had sent several amazing rock bands to the ESC but they were unjustly downgraded by the juries.

For them Måneskin's win is sort of a redemption for all Turkish rockers who failed at the ESC.

EDIT All of them laughing at Ethan hahahahh
So true. "Deli" is one of the best rock songs!!! Love also "We could be the same"! :love:

Ezio

Veteran
Omg look at all these charts

:at:

2 +2 I wanna be your slave
4 +47 Beggin’
6 -4 Zitti e buoni

73 -12 Arcade

Somebody was resourceful and had extracted and then "cleansed" the audio of the video for Maneskin merch.

Here we have a small section of a brand new song.

Berlin live concert with a new song released from 20:00 and first Coraline and For your love live (from 11:00)

Now let me express my disappointment with Maneskin for the first time!

1. This live concert was announced yesterday via TikTok account that they opened - yesterday!

2. Nobody knew there would be a concert taking place anywhere

3. On the concert nobody knew that it's going to happen, they release a new song

4. Nobody knows the new song's title as it was not integrated in the video

5. There's no official video by the band of this concert, but the fans documented it

Man, this is not going well.

This is not the way you communicate with fans, schedule concerts or hold concerts.

This is also not the right way to release new songs.

My arrogant advice would be - less shirtless selfies, more management. Thank you.

Amethyst

Berlin live concert with a new song released from 20:00 and first Coraline and For your love live (from 11:00)

Now let me express my disappointment with Maneskin for the first time!

1. This live concert was announced yesterday via TikTok account that they opened - yesterday!

2. Nobody knew there would be a concert taking place anywhere

3. On the concert nobody knew that it's going to happen, they release a new song

4. Nobody knows the new song's title as it was not integrated in the video

5. There's no official video by the band of this concert, but the fans documented it

Man, this is not going well.

This is not the way you communicate with fans, schedule concerts or hold concerts.

This is also not the right way to release new songs.

My arrogant advice would be - less shirtless selfies, more management. Thank you.

it's not really a new song tho, it's the cover of Black Skinhead by Kanye and they already performed it.

I don't get the problem. I see it just as a little show for the fans (and probably for some journalists that were there).

Ezio

Veteran
Found this video. Love all the different reactions!

So, I watched that video und I wondered, why are these people so extremely excited?

Italy won fair and square, the performance was something fresh to Eurovision, but the excitement - from my perspective - has something to do with the country rather than the song. Justice for Il Volo and Mahmood.

The same people would have screamed their lungs out for France, Switzerland, Ukraine, Lithuania and Iceland as well.

Imagine, Il Volo, still the most succesful televote hit to date, won in 2015, and Mahmood won in 2019, there would be no one ecstactic about Italy winning a 3rd time in 6 years.

Yes, Italy is THE televote powerhouse and the most robbed country of the last ten years, and juries were at it again this year, but I think, Italy fatigue is right around the corner as well. They are the country to most likely win any generic Eurovision, 2022 included.

it's not really a new song tho, it's the cover of Black Skinhead by Kanye and they already performed it.

I don't get the problem. I see it just as a little show for the fans (and probably for some journalists that were there).

That can hardly qualify as a cover as it's a completely new version of Black Skinhead (far from original and this at home corona version I'm not even supposed to know unless I spend whole day searching #maneskin) I thought it's prepared for a new album.

That's still not the point.

The point is that the communication via SM and the announcement of a show where we heard for the first time Coraline and FYL live went unnoticed.

This was not some at home live, but a full concert show like those at RAI and RTL.

And they don't even have an official recording of it.

I'm sorry, it's amateurism. Pure amateurism. Punto.

So, I watched that video und I wondered, why are these people so extremely excited?

Italy won fair and square, the performance was something fresh to Eurovision, but the excitement - from my perspective - has something to do with the country rather than the song. Justice for Il Volo and Mahmood.

The same people would have screamed their lungs out for France, Switzerland, Ukraine, Lithuania and Iceland as well.

Imagine, Il Volo, still the most succesful televote hit to date, won in 2015, and Mahmood won in 2019, there would be no one ecstactic about Italy winning a 3rd time in 6 years.

Yes, Italy is THE televote powerhouse and the most robbed country of the last ten years, and juries were at it again this year, but I think, Italy fatigue is right around the corner as well. They are the country to most likely win any generic Eurovision, 2022 included.

And why do you think that people were not excited about the song and the band, but about Italy?

I mean, would I vote for Maneskin 20 times, despite not liking them, to serve justice to Mahmood???? And then I would be this excited? For Mahmood after Maneskin had won?

Erm, logic?

Amethyst

That can hardly qualify as a cover as it's a completely new version of Black Skinhead (far from original and this at home corona version I'm not even supposed to know unless I spend whole day searching #maneskin) I thought it's prepared for a new album.

That's still not the point.

The point is that the communication via SM and the announcement of a show where we heard for the first time Coraline and FYL live went unnoticed.

This was not some at home live, but a full concert show like those at RAI and RTL.

And they don't even have an official recording of it.

I'm sorry, it's amateurism. Pure amateurism. Punto.

It's still a cover even if different from the original. Still don't get the problem, they could present a real new song only to those people that follow them closely with an impromptu live on IG or whatever if they want xcookie . Look what happened with IWBYS.

I think that, unless we know what they wanted to accomplish with this show (that no, I don't see it like those at RAI and Radio Italia but more like the press session they did to present the album but with different scenario and letting the fans watching it), we can't really say anything about how it was managed.

What do we know is that they are not new to this. They know how to promote something they want to have a certain impact so it was probably intended to be a small thing (or, if some journos were really there, they have something in mind and we will see ).

But we are talking about nothing - it was a good show and I enjoyed it xup.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran

I can't speak for these guys in the video, but only for myself. I screamed as well when Italy won because until the last moment I didn't breally believe that Europe would vote for a rock song. Yes, Lordi won, but that was something different (freaky). I wasn't certain if the audience was ready for such a raw song. That's the reason why my happiness was beyond words. :D

It's still a cover even if different from the original. Still don't get the problem, they could present a real new song only to those people that follow them closely with an impromptu live on IG or whatever if they want xcookie . Look what happened with IWBYS.

I think that, unless we know what they wanted to accomplish with this show (that no, I don't see it like those at RAI and Radio Italia but more like the press session they did to present the album but with different scenario and letting the fans watching it), we can't really say anything about how it was managed.

What do we know is that they are not new to this. They know how to promote something they want to have a certain impact so it was probably intended to be a small thing (or, if some journos were really there, they have something in mind and we will see ).

But we are talking about nothing - it was a good show and I enjoyed it xup.
Yeah a good show nobody knew about beacuse it wasn't promoted at all!!!!

If it was a show for German press, I hope they count on German press to fill the arenas, buy their music and so on. 🤭

I'm also strongly against of what they did with the RDS gig for a limited audience.

They are not the Rolling Stones. They don't have a luxury of 1. Doing VIP gigs 2. Not promoting themselves the right way.

I was complaining about the same thing before the ESC.

Do you know that in a week before the ESC they declined the interviews for Croatian media, as well as Serbian, and went on interviews with RAI, as if Italians gonna vote on the ESC. 🙄

I kept quiet about it, but today they pushed me over the edge hahaha.

And please don't mention Wiwis, poor the artists that depend on Wiwi's promotion. 🤣

Anyway, because Maneskin haven't posted their first live of Coraline and For your love on any of their channels, a rip off from a fan...

Coraline live

For your love live

Black Skinhead cover live

I appologize for quality, ask Maneskin's management if they have an official high quality recording. 😁

Last edited:

Amethyst

Yeah a good show nobody knew about beacuse it wasn't promoted at all!!!!

140000 (peak - the total i can't remember) 127000+ ( until the end) people = nobody.

they could have done more? Maybe. But maybe for them it was okay like that because it's not a performance on which their future will depend on. xcookie

If it was a show for German press, I hope they count on German press to fill the arenas, buy their music and so on. 🤭

That's quite a myopic view tho. Even if only 2 of those hypotetic journos will write a good review 1) it will keep their name on the radar way beyond the performance itself 2) could spark curiosity in people that wouldn't have been otherwise interested in watching the live performance on tik tok/wouldn't have been reached by eventual promos.

But again, maybe it was just a simple little show not meant to be anything more? xshrug

I'm also strongly against of what they did with the RDS gig for a limited audience.

It was visible for everyone tho, I watched it on tv few days later. It was basically the same that happened with all the other radio shows.xshrug Only the virtual m&g or whatever we can call it was actually limited for obvious reasons.

They are not the Rolling Stones. They don't have a luxury of 1. Doing VIP gigs 2. Not promoting themselves the right way.

I was complaining about the same thing before the ESC.

I don't know.. by the look of things it seems they promoted and are promoting themselves quite well.:giggle:

Do you know that in a week before the ESC they declined the interviews for Croatian media, as well as Serbian

And what's wrong with that?

, and went on interviews with RAI, as if Italians gonna vote on the ESC. 🙄

I kept quiet about it, but today they pushed me over the edge hahaha.

The RAI thing was more about the network needing them to build interest than promotion so I don't understand the association.

As far as I'm concerned I think that at the end they did the right thing (even if frustrating at the time). Some were so concerned in promoting themselves that ended up being over-exposed. I'm pretty sure the band wouldn't have had the same impact had chosen to be more present everywhere - the amount of curiosity around them during those days was insane :lol: ...

And please don't mention Wiwis, poor the artists that depend on Wiwi's promotion. 🤣

Again, it's more than that.

It's not about them needing a relatively 'small' blog known to a niche audience for promotion but about their mentality and how they manage to use every opportunity they have.

When asked to partecipate they didn't just send a video of Z&B, or used the space to show off trying to endear themselves to possible esc voters, but added a bonus performance of one of their other new songs thinking outside the competition. They probably didn't think it would explode like it did :mrgreen: but the approach was the right one.

I appologize for quality, ask Maneskin's management if they have an official high quality recording. 😁

I think people can live with that. We will hear those songs again. :lol:

Imagine if they'd chose to reserve the first live versions of these songs for their gigs later this year - the quality of the videos in that case :eek: the horror :lol:

140000 (peak - the total i can't remember) 127000+ (until the end) people = nobody.

they could have done more? Maybe. But maybe for them it was okay like that because it's not a performance on which their future will depend on.xcookie

That's quite a myopic view tho. Even if only 2 of those hypotetic journos will write a good review 1) it will keep their name on the radar way beyond the performance itself 2) could spark curiosity in people that wouldn't have been otherwise interested in watching the live performance on tik tok / wouldn't have been reached by eventual promos.

But again, maybe it was just a simple little show not meant to be anything more? xshrug

It was visible for everyone tho, I watched it on tv few days later. It was basically the same that happened with all the other radio shows. xshrug Only the virtual m & g or whatever we can call it was actually limited for obvious reasons.

I don't know .. by the look of things it seems they promoted and are promoting themselves quite well.: giggle:

And what's wrong with that?

The RAI thing was more about the network needing them to build interest than promotion so I don't understand the association.

As far as I'm concerned I think that at the end they did the right thing (even if frustrating at the time). Some were so concerned in promoting themselves that ended up being over-exposed. I'm pretty sure the band wouldn't have had the same impact had chosen to be more present everywhere - the amount of curiosity around them during those days was insane : lol: ...

Again, it's more than that.

It's not about them needing a relatively 'small' blog known to a niche audience for promotion but about their mentality and how they manage to use every opportunity they have.

When asked to participate they didn't just send a video of Z&B, or used the space to show off trying to endear themselves to possible esc voters, but added a bonus performance of one of their other new songs thinking outside the competition. They probably didn't think it would explode like it did : mrgreen: but the approach was the right one.

I think people can live with that. We will hear those songs again.: lol:

Imagine if they'd chose to reserve the first live versions of these songs for their gigs later this year - the quality of the videos in that case : eek: the horror: lol:

Amethyst, IMO you are trully relativizing several facts you raised on your own, and work against your logic

1. on average only 10% of their TikTok followers had noticed today's show

2. A concert is a concert. There's no such thing as a "little small simple show". All concerts are therefore done up to a standard. Or simply don't do that.

3. RDS show is not accessible to international audience. Nor the recorded video that was released after the VIP streaming. I guess that doesn't bother you in Italy, but if you want them to be an international band .... or maybe you don't?

So only you in Italy could see it. So what? How is that relevant to those in Brazil and Russia Damiano greeted today?

4. The Eurovision made them famous around Europe, not their promotion. Let's not persuade ourselves that anybody outside Italy knew them before the ESC Grand Final performance, the closed ESC bubble aside !!!

Their post-ESC success has nothing to do with their promotion, marketing strategy, RAI (that didn't even publish their Sanremo performances for non-Italians) nor their management.

5. You're right, there's nothing wrong with declining to have one interview in the ESC week for several media outlets in the countries that could actually vote for you.

Yeah why do it? Better play ping pong. 🤣

6. Are you unintentionally implying there's sth wrong with these first live versions so they shouldn't be officially published? 😉😉😉😉 See, that's why when you play big, there's no such thing as a "small show". 😁

Amethyst

Amethyst, IMO you are trully relativizing several facts you raised on your own, and work against your logic

Nah, I'm just pointing out that you are seeing problems where there are none.

1. on average only 10% of their TikTok followers had noticed today's show

and so?! It's actually good all considered and definitely not a 'nobody saw it' scenario as you dramatically put it. :lol:

You talk as if you think they did that expecting something more than what they got or as if this is hurting them in any way. They definitely did not and it does not.

Everything is fine in Måneskin-managmentland.xdance2

2. A concert is a concert. There's no such thing as a "little small simple show". All concerts are therefore done up to a standard. Or simply don't do that.

and which standard didn't they meet?

Also, come on ...:ROFLMAO: 'little show' - not in quality or effort - exists. I'm pretty sure their gig at the Arena di Verona will be quite different from their Radio Italia show even if, in both cases, the band goes on a stage and perform before an audience. :lol:

3. RDS show is not accessible to international audience. Nor the recorded video that was released after the VIP streaming. I guess that doesn't bother you in Italy, but if you want them to be an international band .... or maybe you don't?

So only you in Italy could see it. So what? How is that relevant to those in Brazil and Russia Damiano greeted today?

These shows had nothing to do with wanting or not wanting to be international. :lol: A lot of those performances were part of their promotion in Italy for the album. They had a program and stick to it while preparing for the next chapter.

I can't watch some bands I follow when they perform on some program/radio in their country too. It happens. Youtube is our friend in most cases. (y)

4. The Eurovision made them famous around Europe, not their promotion. Let's not persuade ourselves that anybody outside Italy knew them before the ESC Grand Final performance, the closed ESC bubble aside !!!

Their post-ESC success has nothing to do with their promotion, marketing strategy, RAI (that didn't even publish their Sanremo performances for non-Italians) nor their management.

Where did I say that? xthink

What they managed to conquer outside the bubble is a combination of the echo of an amazing performance, quality songs and, also, the way they used intelligently this occasion in every single aspect and you can't do that without a good team or by chance.

5. You're right, there's nothing wrong with declining to have one interview in the ESC week for several media outlets in the countries that could actually vote for you.

Yeah why do it? Better play ping pong. 🤣

No, nothing wrong if you want to spend the months before the show working on other things while preparing and , yep, also relaxing playing ping pong, why not?xshrug

Point is: an interview in country X is not going to change minds or convince people to vote for you. Some artists were everywhere and it didn't do them any good. All it matters is the performance and how you use those 2 weeks where everyone focus is on you.

They made a choice and it paid back. The anticipation and atmosphere around them was insane.

6. Are you unintentionally implying there's sth wrong with these first live versions so they shouldn't be officially published? 😉😉😉😉 See, that's why when you play big, there's no such thing as a "small show". 😁

Huh?! I don't know how you got that from my post tbh :lol:.

I was merely saying, since the quality of these ones was hurting you so much ;):ROFLMAO:, that there could have been worse ways to hear these songs for the first time - like a shaky video recorded from a phone with crazy fans screaming over it xcookie

Last edited:
Top Bottom