10 2.6%

14 3.6%

5 1.3%

8 2.1%

59 15.3%

• Total voters

Alaska49

Re: PORTUGAL 2017

UK outsources? I am unaware of this. Another reason why should they give it a try.
what i meant is that the uk is a huge music market and people always talk about the dozens upon dozens of "big names" who should do eurovision and yet the bbc never gets anything done right. just because a country has a lot of talent doesn't mean they are being used well, so outsourcing is not the be all end all solution.

Edward

^ But I think that the issue in the UK is that the "big names" look down upon Eurovision. Let's not count with big names of the past/have-beens.

I think outsourcing should be attemped by both countries.

And yes, we had Babic and already he got better results than many right away (even as co-author, but still, outsorcing at work). The level of Swedish songwriters who worked with Filipa was probably not the ideal. We should go for people with results at Eurovision. Some Swedish songwriter rejected by the Azerbaijani, whatever. I just want to see my country in the final and feel proud of their participation with a top 10 result. Desperate times require desperate measures. If RTP can't produce results then like I suggested maybe it's time to pass on the NF process to another broadcaster.

mykka

Katia needs to shut her piehole. So does Carlos Costa.

John1

Let's hope together that :pt: will finally make a good choice for the ESC 2017.
It'd be quite different, and change their habits with its non-qualifications streak.. :lol:

Mrm

Veteran

Portugal confirmed participation in Ukraine 2017??

Alaska49

they confirmed at the same time they said they wouldn't do 2016, didn't they? i think they should confirm again though

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

DanielLuis

RTP has confirmed for months that Portugal is participating in 2017.

revallsay

Well, it wouldn't do any bad for her now. She is not that famous anymore, but anyway, that hot news is probaby not true.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

I highly doubt that Nelly would participate in the Portuguese NF, just like I doubt that RTP would cancel its plans for the selection with the only aim to select her internally.

DanielLuis

I highly doubt that Nelly would participate in the Portuguese NF, just like I doubt that RTP would cancel its plans for the selection with the only aim to select her internally.

I think if RTP had any sense they would cancel the NF, Nelly or not. Or at least completely remodel it, which they're saying that they'll do, but we'll see.

Stiven

I would be okay with the idea, but for me the song is the most important thing if she enters with a good song I would be super happy if not I will have the same opinion as I did with Zdravko Colic, Los Ketchup, Bonnie Tyler and all other famous people who entered with disappointing songs.
Anyway if the Força rumour is true I don't she would have won with that song,but a top 5 would have been achievable.

Edward

So...seems we're stuck between a Madeiran and an Azorean (rumors wise) ;) I'd go with Kátia Aveiro, if only for the lulz and the chatter it would provide, both within my country and around Europe/the world.

Top Bottom