Contact us

FSC Chat Box

A-lister

Veteran
I, too, disagree with the inclusion of 'Imperija', as it was, somewhat, the 'runner-up' in the Macedonian selection! But that's just my own opinion.

It wasn't even the "runner-up", it was officially announced as their entry both in a TV announcement and on the broadcaster's official homepage :lol:

Terence

Yeah well, you know what I mean, you know... :lol:

Verjamem

I'm not sure, if submiting the "Imperija" as entry for FSC is against the rules of our contest. Anyway, it's look quite weird :?

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
lol so if Macedonia next time will announce (for fun) that Rihanna's new single is their entry and then "change" it, Rihanna still will Macedonian ex-entry? :lol:

doctormalisimo

It would be equally unfair to exclude it as it doesn't breach any of the rules as it was not an ESC or NF entry. And it was allowed to take part in NSC without a problem...

A-lister

Veteran
It would be equally unfair to exclude it as it doesn't breach any of the rules as it was not an ESC or NF entry. And it was allowed to take part in NSC without a problem...

You know that this sounds rather ridiculous when it was even officially announced as the Macedonian entry initially? I mean this song was closer to being an ESC entry than most entries in a national selection. I totally don't buy that argument. If this will be allowed then, I think we could allow any entry attached to the ESC season (other than the actual ESC entries), it's equally "logical". I think it shouldn't matter if it was internally selected or competed in a national selection. At a point this song was the Macedonian entry to ESC 2013, there's no point in denying that. It's not as if it was internally selected behind closed doors and then changed to another one officially, this was announced as the Macedonian entry on the broadcaster's own web-page aswell as an official TV announcement.

A-lister

Veteran
lol so if Macedonia next time will announce (for fun) that Rihanna's new single is their entry and then "change" it, Rihanna still will Macedonian ex-entry? :lol:

Yes?

I don't get what's "funny" (other than this scenario would NEVER happen :lol:)

Saying "Imperija" is un-attached to ESC season is kinda strange, it was just as "attached" as any entry entering national selections, and unlike those entries, this was even an official entry for ESC at a time xshrug

Terence

Yes?

I don't get what's "funny" (other than this scenario would NEVER happen :lol:)

Saying "Imperija" is un-attached to ESC season is kinda strange, it was just as "attached" as any entry entering national selections, and unlike those entries, this was even an official entry for ESC at a time xshrug

I completely agree - most of us have heard it, so it also has that 'unfair' advantage. I guess the rules might have to be revised for next time.

A-lister

Veteran
I completely agree - most of us have heard it, so it also has that 'unfair' advantage. I guess the rules might have to be revised for next time.

Yeah, I mean obviously an entry can be heard of aswell (for instance it could have been an international hit already), but a song will be attached to ESC regardless if it was announced through an internal selection or through a national final. Afterall the latter was also a collection of songs that at a time were internally selected aswell in some form xshrug

Will be interesting to see what the mods will say, but if there's a loophole (which I don't agree with tbh because I think in this case the connection to ESC season is pretty obvious), then for later I think the loophole needs to be fixed.

I hope none will get upset by my critic, as it's not against the jury chosen the song, nor is it against the song itself or the fans of it... it's only a question of the current rules and how to interpret it that's all.

doctormalisimo

You know that this sounds rather ridiculous when it was even officially announced as the Macedonian entry initially? I mean this song was closer to being an ESC entry than most entries in a national selection. I totally don't buy that argument. If this will be allowed then, I think we could allow any entry attached to the ESC season (other than the actual ESC entries), it's equally "logical". I think it shouldn't matter if it was internally selected or competed in a national selection. At a point this song was the Macedonian entry to ESC 2013, there's no point in denying that. It's not as if it was internally selected behind closed doors and then changed to another one officially, this was announced as the Macedonian entry on the broadcaster's own web-page aswell as an official TV announcement.
yes, in the few days that Imperija was the official Macedonian entry, it would not have been a valid FSC entry. But as soon as it was replaced with Pred da se razdeni, it became a valid FSC entry.
There's no point crying over spilled milk. I'm assuming the mods are discussing this now, but you cant retrospectively ban an entry that exploited a loophole before it was closed.

A-lister

Veteran
yes, in the few days that Imperija was the official Macedonian entry, it would not have been a valid FSC entry. But as soon as it was replaced with Pred da se razdeni, it became a valid FSC entry.
There's no point crying over spilled milk. I'm assuming the mods are discussing this now, but you cant retrospectively ban an entry that exploited a loophole before it was closed.

But that's just ridiculous, with that logic then any song that took part in a national selection should be allowed then... I honestly don't see why a difference should be made just because this happened to be internally chosen xshrug To me it's just odd...

I'm not "crying" over anything, I just don't agree with the loophole that's all (as I interpreted the rules I can't even see this "loophole" people talk about as I find this obviously ESC connected xshrug)... nothing more - nothing less xshrug

Terence

So, say you allow 'Imperija' because it didn't take part in a NF, would you allow 'Rhythm of Love' from Belarus then?

I'm sorry, but both are Eurovision-selection-related to me.

If this were a second-chance contest, then it's another story - it would perfectly fit in!

A-lister

Veteran
So, say you allow 'Imperija' because it didn't take part in a NF, would you allow 'Rhythm of Love' from Belarus then?

If this were a second-chance contest, then it's another story - it would perfectly fit in!

This!

I also made that point the other page, I mean considering Belarus' tendency of totally changing their entry to a new song that didn't even take part in their selection, then with the logic of including an entry that was an official ESC entry for a time, would be then equally logical as including all entries from the Belarussian selection (afterall none of them stood a chance of ever being picked for ESC anyways with the change-tactics of Belarus :lol:)...

doctormalisimo

well yes. The fact that Imperija was an internal selection is what makes it eligible. The rules dont talk about Eurovision related entries, just national final entries.

A-lister

Veteran
well yes. The fact that Imperija was an internal selection is what makes it eligible. The rules dont talk about Eurovision related entries, just national final entries.

So it's time to change the rules then, because it's no difference really.

aletem

You are all talking like "Imperija" is gonna win. :lol: It's probably equally disliked/hated as "Pred da se razdeni". :lol:

Rihanna is like a winning material! :cool: :lol:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I'm not a fan of these borderline cases like Imperija, but the song was neither a NF entry nor a final ESC entry. There's no rule against its participation to FSC.

And saying that it's time to change the rules of a contest that is running for so many years just now for some cases that are very rare is ridiculous.

Top Bottom