Contact us

FSC Chat Box

Yoni

oh no not Magdalena :(

A-lister

Veteran
If an artist is "feat." on a track, but is actually performing the lead and only vocals on it (while the "main act" is just providing the instrumentals)... could the vocalist be regarded as the main act then? I'd like to know since I found a song that I would like to send for Sweden, but the Swedish vocalist is just labeled as "featured" on the track, while the main act is American... but again the main act is just providing the instrumentals for it.

A-lister

Veteran
Don't think so, and for a simple reason, the song isn't his, he's just a guest in the song, and he'll be credited as so.

Her... ;)

But really, with that logic then any song NOT written/composed/produced by the main vocalists aren't "theirs" as they in fact didn't provide the music/instruments xshrug

I still find a bit weird how a song that actually was included in the ESC season in some for ("Imperija") got allowed, when rules state that any song that was in a ESC selection shouldn't be allowed... I mean just because they changed their entry doesn't change the fact that it was their initial internal pick, with that logic then any song from the Belarussian selection for instance could be allowed since they changed the song to a new one anyhow xshrug It's not a critic towards the Macedonian jury, but I still have a hard time fitting that song within the rules... it was even announced officially as the Macedonian entry at a time xshrug

doctormalisimo

Her... ;)

But really, with that logic then any song NOT written/composed/produced by the main vocalists aren't "theirs" as they in fact didn't provide the music/instruments xshrug

I still find a bit weird how a song that actually was included in the ESC season in some for ("Imperija") got allowed, when rules state that any song that was in a ESC selection shouldn't be allowed... I mean just because they changed their entry doesn't change the fact that it was their initial internal pick, with that logic then any song from the Belarussian selection for instance could be allowed since they changed the song to a new one anyhow xshrug

The Macedonian entry was an internal selection, but since it got deselected, it didnt get sent to ESC therefore has no connection to ESC, whereas Belarus had a national final, so Rhythm of Love has a connection to ESC.

A-lister

Veteran
The Macedonian entry was an internal selection, but since it got deselected, it didnt get sent to ESC therefore has no connection to ESC, whereas Belarus had a national final, so Rhythm of Love has a connection to ESC.

See, I don't agree with this logic, it was actually officially announced as the Macedonian entry at a time, just like "Rhythm of Love" was for Belarus. I don't see why there should be a difference made here only because one of the announcements were internal selections? xshrug I mean it wasn't picked behind closed doors and then changed or anything... so to say that that song has no connection to ESC season is simply untrue.

Yoni

Her... ;)

No, those who wrote and composed the song are credited as composers/writers, silly :D
the thing is that the song isn't belonging to her since she's just guest appearing on someone else's song , that's why even if she sang all the vocals in the song, if she's credited as a feature/guest artist, it's not her song :p (in example ""Titanium" is a song by French DJ and music producer David Guetta, featuring vocals by Australian recording artist Sia.", as you can see it's Guetta's name that's being first and it states that the song is his).

also there's a reverse to your logic, in example "We found love" by Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris, while Calvin Harris isn't providing any vocals in the song. :p

in Imperija's case it's a bit tricky but still is allowed by the rules of FSC.

Yoni

See, I don't agree with this logic, it was actually officially announced as the Macedonian entry at a time, just like "Rhythm of Love" was for Belarus. I don't see why there should be a difference made here only because one of the announcements were internal selections? xshrug I mean it wasn't picked behind closed doors and then changed or anything... so to say that that song has no connection to ESC season is simply untrue.

What about a case of a song that's been announced as an entry, but was discovered to be too old, there for ineligible to participate in ESC, is it still not allowed to participate in a contest here? (and hypothetically what sotps networks from announcing different hits as their entries and then those hits not being eligible :lol)

A-lister

Veteran
No, those who wrote and composed the song are credited as composers/writers, silly :D
the thing is that the song isn't belonging to her since she's just guest appearing on someone else's song , that's why even if she sang all the vocals in the song, if she's credited as a feature/guest artist, it's not her song :p (in example ""Titanium" is a song by French DJ and music producer David Guetta, featuring vocals by Australian recording artist Sia.", as you can see it's Guetta's name that's being first and it states that the song is his).

also there's a reverse to your logic, in example "We found love" by Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris, while Calvin Harris isn't providing any vocals in the song. :p

I know I know... I just love the track and wanted it so badly to represent Sweden :lol:

in Imperija's case it's a bit tricky but still is allowed by the rules of FSC.

Actually, I still believe "Imperija" is in fact against the rules... the song was officially announced on national TV and on the broadcaster's own page as the official entry... to act as if that had no connection ESC season is just wishful thinking, because the announcement was there...

r3gg13

I know I know... I just love the track and wanted it so badly to represent Sweden

Perhaps, I could send it to FSC and you can give me 12 points, yeah? :lol:

Actually, I still believe "Imperija" is in fact against the rules... the song was officially announced on national TV and on the broadcaster's own page as the official entry... to act as if that had no connection ESC season is just wishful thinking, because the announcement was there...

I personally don't agree with that loophole as well. This loophole makes it seem that NF songs are more tied to ESC rather than a song declared (then pulled off) as an entry. For me, Imperija is still related to Eurovision because of the sole reason that it was selected as the Macedonian entry.

A-lister

Veteran
Perhaps, I could send it to FSC and you can give me 12 points, yeah? :lol:

Should I post it in the suggestion thread? ;)

I personally don't agree with that loophole as well. This loophole makes it seem that NF songs are more tied to ESC rather than a song declared (then pulled off) as an entry. For me, Imperija is still related to Eurovision because of the sole reason that it was selected as the Macedonian entry.

This! tbh I don't even see the "loophole", the rules state pretty clearly that a song that has been taking part in any ESC selection shouldn't be allowed, and the fact that this song was officially announced and presented on National TV as the official entry for a country, makes it obviously connected to the ESC edition. I respect the mod's decision, but I don't agree with it what-so-ever and I find the excuse not valid. The entry was even an official ESC entry at a period, which is actually more than some entries from national selections have been, I think it's a bit unfair to give a pass just because it was internally chosen xshrug

aletem

I did post a reserve entry, just in case. :) I've seen cases such as "La noche es para mi" being presented in NSC, while it later represented Spain in 2009! :lol: It did really well in FSC - I think 7th place? Also it was presented in the NSC - ESC edition as well!! :lol: But, that song wasn't considered back then as an NF song. ;)

A-lister

Veteran
I did post a reserve entry, just in case. :) I've seen cases such as "La noche es para mi" being presented in NSC, while it later represented Spain in 2009! :lol: It did really well in FSC - I think 7th place? Also it was presented in the NSC - ESC edition as well!! :lol: But, that song wasn't considered back then as an NF song. ;)

Well, it's not as if I want to be some sort of Debbie Downer or anything :lol: ... it's not a critic against the Macedonian jury or the mods... it's just that I really do find that entry to be against the rules. It's not really a valid point to say that it has nothing to do with ESC season because it was a dismissed internal choice, since it was actually officially announced as an ESC entry at a time.

A-lister

Veteran
Lololol, It's healthy to talk to oneself once in a while :lol: (I somehow quoted myself instead of A-lister :lol:)

:lol:

Well, I've been in contact with a mod, and they'll talk it over first whether it could represent Sweden or not... if not then I'll post it in the suggestion thread for the :us:... I could actually see you liking it so ;)

Terence

I, too, disagree with the inclusion of 'Imperija', as it was, somewhat, the 'runner-up' in the Macedonian selection! But that's just my own opinion.

r3gg13

:lol:

Well, I've been in contact with a mod, and they'll talk it over first whether it could represent Sweden or not... if not then I'll post it in the suggestion thread for the :us:... I could actually see you liking it so ;)

Woohoo! I hope to see it in FSC either for Sweden or for USA :D

Top Bottom