Contact us

EUROVISION 2020 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

mauve

Veteran
I am just watching the pre-party ... Belarus is really at the bottom of my list, but the accoustic version sounded really good! And now Ana! :love:

hijirio

Veteran

hijirio

Veteran
And OUR community robbed her xangry

Once voting break down is announced, Azerbaijan will cut oil exports to all countries who didn't award :sm: any points.

crashworld

Veteran
Thanks for the link for the Spanish ESC pre-party. Love that.

Overall impression (only watch certain artists):
- Samatha Tina really gives her all. I am not a fan of the song, but she really sells the song out of it. Very strong vocals.
- Ben Dolic sang the ESC edit of the song to the original studio instrumental. That's the closest we will get. This is one of the songs that I was waiting to see it with the full staging.
- Victoria did just right. Sounded almost like the studio recording.
- Gjon's Tears as usual great vocals, but I would have love to see him sing to the original studio instrumental.
- VAL is great. I just don't understand why more people didn't like the song. Actually, I can see this song getting support from the jury.
- Go_A, wow, their performance sounds like the exact studio version. Well done!
- I like artists that did their songs to the original studio recording, at least, we can get a sense how they sound 'live' in the actual competition.

And this is so sad. I feel so bad to all the artists especially those that won't get a chance to represent their countries next year. EBU should have done a full show to honour the songs and the artists (whether is it a music video, NF performance or montage video). They deserved so much more.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Thanks for the link for the Spanish ESC pre-party. Love that.

Overall impression (only watch certain artists):
- Samatha Tina really gives her all. I am not a fan of the song, but she really sells the song out of it. Very strong vocals.
- Ben Dolic sang the ESC edit of the song to the original studio instrumental. That's the closest we will get. This is one of the songs that I was waiting to see it with the full staging.
- Victoria did just right. Sounded almost like the studio recording.
- Gjon's Tears as usual great vocals, but I would have love to see him sing to the original studio instrumental.
- VAL is great. I just don't understand why more people didn't like the song. Actually, I can see this song getting support from the jury.
- Go_A, wow, their performance sounds like the exact studio version. Well done!
- I like artists that did their songs to the original studio recording, at least, we can get a sense how they sound 'live' in the actual competition.

And this is so sad. I feel so bad to all the artists especially those that won't get a chance to represent their countries next year. EBU should have done a full show to honour the songs and the artists (whether is it a music video, NF performance or montage video). They deserved so much more.
Absolutely agree about VAL. Just as Samantha Tina, VAL is actually at the bottom of my list, but both did just wonderful yesterday. Never thought that.
And agree about everything else you said also! :)

crashworld

Veteran

2nd episode of Eurovision Home Concert series.

General thoughts:
- I really like the version Dadi performed. The 8-bit parts are really great. And I have to say he got the best harmonies in this year's competition. The backing vocalists did such an amazing job to lift the song. And his cover for "Lipstick" is pretty good, turn such a fun song into a mysterious-sounding song.
- I really like Leonara's version and it's great to see her involving her family members to do the song with her. It's evident that she grew up in a musically-influenced family. And her voice really suit Satellite, but I don't really like her version of the arrangement though.
- Vasil got a great voice, but such a waste, he has to record such a vapid song.
- Did Gjon's Tears send the same video to the Spanish ESC Pre-party?
- Why did Vasil and Montaigne send such low quality videos to the Spanish ESC Pre-party compared to the Eurovision Home Concert series? LOL.
- Aksel and band doing social distancing. LOL.
- Jamala's cover of "Arcade", Montaigne's cover of "Repondez-moi" and Aksel's cover of "Fairytale" are pretty decent.

Ezio

Veteran
Results from Austrian Jury

75: Iceland

71: Bulgaria

71: Netherlands

66: UK

63: Belgium

61: Romania

61: Poland

60: Israel

55: Spain

50: Cyprus

49: Georgia

42: Armenia

17: Belarus

#ESCORF #DerKleineSongContest

crashworld

Veteran
Results from Austrian Jury

75: Iceland

71: Bulgaria

71: Netherlands

66: UK

63: Belgium

61: Romania

61: Poland

60: Israel

55: Spain

50: Cyprus

49: Georgia

42: Armenia

17: Belarus

#ESCORF #DerKleineSongContest

Thanks for that! :)

The detailed breakdown of the "juries" scores can be found over here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_kleine_Song_Contest
The video of the first semi here - https://tvthek.orf.at/profile/Mr-So...y-presents-Der-kleine-Song-Contest-1/14048172

I know that Cesar guy seems like a boring person, and his taste in music confirms that. Giving Israel a "2" and Georgia/San Marino a "0"? Plus rating Armenia/UK/Poland/Romania/Spain/The Netherlands over Israel. I question his entire existence.
Those who gave Israel below a "8" need their tastes checked.

And those underrating San Marino/Georgia need to have their ears checked.
Belarus is vastly underrated by everyone, it's exhausting.

Ezio

Veteran
OMG :fr: beat :ru: by two points in the Kleiner Song Contest Part II on ORF

I stan xheat

They could even win this round. Iceland got 75 on Tuesday, France has 69 points...

69 :sneaky:

Ezio

Veteran
OMG

France 1st
Russia 2nd
Switzerland 3rd

xheat

Ezio

Veteran
atse2.jpg

After 2 of 3 rounds: