Contact us

EUROVISION 2020 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

crashworld

Veteran
Video Link:
https://tvthek.orf.at/profile/Mr-So...y-presents-Der-kleine-Song-Contest-2/14048437
Full-Detailed Results of Semi-Finals 2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_kleine_Song_Contest

I just can't. France 3rd?!!!! And as usual, Sweden is overrated. And not surprised at Malta's win, if they like what Sweden has to offer (which is an unoriginal and bland entry), Malta (which is a similar genre to Sweden's entry) was done even better.

We need to bar people like that Caesar/Eric/Manuel guy from being a jury. And I am disappointed in Conchita, 4 points for Azerbaijan? Zoe seems like she knows what she is doing (though I am surprised she gave 4 to Russia, considering she gave Azerbaijan 10).

Luckily this is not the actual jury for Eurovision, I would have boycotted the Austrian jury.

mauve

Veteran
Video Link:
https://tvthek.orf.at/profile/Mr-So...y-presents-Der-kleine-Song-Contest-2/14048437
Full-Detailed Results of Semi-Finals 2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_kleine_Song_Contest

I just can't. France 3rd?!!!! And as usual, Sweden is overrated. And not surprised at Malta's win, if they like what Sweden has to offer (which is an unoriginal and bland entry), Malta (which is a similar genre to Sweden's entry) was done even better.

We need to bar people like that Caesar/Eric/Manuel guy from being a jury. And I am disappointed in Conchita, 4 points for Azerbaijan? Zoe seems like she knows what she is doing (though I am surprised she gave 4 to Russia, considering she gave Azerbaijan 10).

Luckily this is not the actual jury for Eurovision, I would have boycotted the Austrian jury.
Same here. This must be a joke to vote Sweden 2nd with THAT song and France 3rd. They must be musically deranged.

GRE

I am really pleased that not only the 41 participants countries will broadcast "Europe Shine a Light" show,
but also :kz::me::xk::ba:.
Too shame for :hu: though...What happened to them ?!​

Citelis

Few hours ago official Eurovision channel on Youtube uploaded the full show of the best year in history of Eurovision! xheart

Ezio

Veteran
It was a really good idea of ORF to have this mini song contest.

After the show, Iceland is the new number 1 in iTunes,
Vincent Bueno at #15,
The Mamas at #18,
The Roop at #65,
Diodato at #69,
Lesly Roy at #149,
Gjon Tears at #154
Tom Leeb at #165,
Go_A at #179,
Little Big at #337
Aksel at #345,
VICTORIA at #350,
Jeangu Maacroy at #369,
Dolic at #384
Sandro at #395
Hurricane at #396
Ben & Tan at #461

mauve

Veteran
The mini song contest ... Austria second? Seriously? Guess otherwise noone watched it. I am glad I didn't. All said / sad. :LOL:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Why is everyone surprised Vincent finished second? AUSTRIANS WERE PERMITTED TO VOTE FOR THEMSELVES OFC HE MADE THE TOP TWO.

The fact that Dadi Freyr beat him inspite of the astronomical odds to not do so cements that he prolly would've won Eurovision proper. Fuck you, covid-19.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
The fact that Dadi Freyr beat him inspite of the astronomical odds to not do so cements that he prolly would've won Eurovision proper. Fuck you, covid-19.

Thank you, covid-19 xcheer

Ezio

Veteran
Thank you for your very nice words
The mini song contest ... Austria second? Seriously? Guess otherwise noone watched it. I am glad I didn't. All said / sad. :LOL:

You act like Austrians are bland. But guess who wins the German televote every year? Germany. And we all know how Serbians in Austria vote, Albanians in Switzerland, Lithuanians in the UK, Armenians in Belgium, Turks in Germany. If there act was a broom stick with lipstick and a wig they would vote for it, no matter what.

Universo won the RTVe Contest in a landslide, burying all the other songs twice. So, I think Austrians took not that bait, only 33%. And Vincent almost lost the jury vote to Denmark and Germany. Denmark! Some jurors had a bias towards him, most of them didn't. For example, Cesar Sampson: sings a song with him one week, slaps him with a 5 pointer trout the other.

In a perfect version of this show, the Top 3 would have advanced to the superfinal, without Austria. Malta, Sweden, Iceland, thank god, not Denmark.

Really sad for Iceland though. If there was justice in this world, EBU would hold a studio version of song contest, crown Iceland the winner and Reykjavik will host it next year. Since Covid-19 is gonna stick around for 1 or 2 years longer, they only need a studio and not an arena.

christos21

Hello. Anyone, do you intetest to have in your hands one replica 1:1 size eurovision trophy? Please if you interest please tell me. Same design, same material, same size (no mini trophy)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
If anything it's a warning sign of the weakness of his entry that he didn't even even win on home territory. Not that Austrians were anymore fair.

esc87fan

So now that Omni Television here in Canada has some holes to fill during what was to be Eurovision Week, it makes me wonder if they'll air something else ESC-related to replace the planned live shows, especially the special on the Saturday (all the 2020 shows were once again due to air on same-day delay at 9pm Toronto time). I'll keep my eyes peeled for any news

crashworld

Veteran
Does anyone follow Eurojury? Eurovoix is in the process of releasing the jury results groups by groups.
The result of each country's jury results is released in the format of just identifying who forms the top 10 in alphabetical order and highlighting which 3 of the 10 forms the top 3.

I was so free and I did a basic spreadsheet to see how each of the 41 country fared in terms of appearances in the top 3 and top 10 list.
So far, 36 countries' jury results have been released (out of the 42 countries) and I am pretty appalled at how they are.

Top 10 countries in terms of appearances in the top 10 list from the 36 countries' jury results:

The following 2 countries have not appeared in any of the country's jury top 10 list of so far:

Note:
* There 2 participating countries in the actual ESC 2020 that do not have a jury panel - Russia and Spain.
* 3 non-participating countries in the actual ESC 2020 are involved in the jury ranking - Bosnia & Herzegovina, Hungary and Slovakia.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
Not sure if everyone is aware of this:

From the article, it suggests that some acts (who have been voted to the top 10 acts from the semi-final show consisting of the 40 acts minus Germany) may perform "live" in Germany. Not sure how true/accurate is that. If it's true, can we make sure Azerbaijan and Israel get a top 10 placement, so we may see them perform 'live"?

crashworld

Veteran
Does anyone follow Eurojury? Eurovoix is in the process of releasing the jury results groups by groups.
The result of each country's jury results is released in the format of just identifying who forms the top 10 in alphabetical order and highlighting which 3 of the 10 forms the top 3.

I was so free and I did a basic spreadsheet to see how each of the 41 country fared in terms of appearances in the top 3 and top 10 list.
So far, 36 countries' jury results have been released (out of the 42 countries) and I am pretty appalled at how they are.

Top 10 countries in terms of appearances in the top 10 list from the 36 countries' jury results:

The following 2 countries have not appeared in any of the country's jury top 10 list of so far:

Note:
* There 2 participating countries in the actual ESC 2020 that do not have a jury panel - Russia and Spain.
* 3 non-participating countries in the actual ESC 2020 are involved in the jury ranking - Bosnia & Herzegovina, Hungary and Slovakia.

And all 42 countries' jury results have been disclosed. And surprise, surprise, who is on top of the list.

Sammy

Veteran
Same here. This must be a joke to vote Sweden 2nd with THAT song and France 3rd. They must be musically deranged.
If I recall it correctly, Cesár gave France 10/12. Now - for someone who is a member of Symphonix, and placed 3rd in the ESC your verdict seem to be a bit harsh...

mauve

Veteran
If I recall it correctly, Cesár gave France 10/12. Now - for someone who is a member of Symphonix, and placed 3rd in the ESC your verdict seem to be a bit harsh...
Just because Cesár made it 3rd (and don't get me wrong, I loved Nobody but you!), it doesn't mean I have to agree on everything he says or rates. Even people I like or admire have their mistakes. I wouldn't say yes to everything they say.

Top Bottom