Contact us

EUROVISION 2020 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Sammy

Veteran
Just because Cesár made it 3rd (and don't get me wrong, I loved Nobody but you!), it doesn't mean I have to agree on everything he says or rates. Even people I like or admire have their mistakes. I wouldn't say yes to everything they say.
Of course not. But I thought, to call somebody musically deranged just because he has a different opinion on sth. (especially giving his expertise in music) is a bit harsh. I didn't imply you were to change your opinion or copy his.

mauve

Veteran
Of course not. But I thought, to call somebody musically deranged just because he has a different opinion on sth. (especially giving his expertise in music) is a bit harsh. I didn't imply you were to change your opinion or copy his.
Ah you meant it that way, okay. Maybe I could have lightened my words a bit. ;)

crashworld

Veteran
Eurojury 2020 Grand Final qualifiers from SF1:

Just one song different from our forum version of the contest.

Ezio

Veteran
Mon Allieé is a fine song, beautifully composed and sung. The revamp elevated it even more. Same for Finland or Estonia. Sensitive men singing songs that they feel. Fans are even more dismissive nowadays. All what they want is yay yay fire. Cesar Sampson was hated too. France was a dark horse for a decent result.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Mon Allieé is a fine song, beautifully composed and sung. The revamp elevated it even more. Same for Finland or Estonia. Sensitive men singing songs that they feel. Fans are even more dismissive nowadays. All what they want is yay yay fire. Cesar Sampson was hated too. France was a dark horse for a decent result.

If those songs were sung by, for example, Alma, Erika Vikman, Birgit Oigemeel or Nadine Beiler you would hate them too

Sammy

Veteran
If those songs were sung by, for example, Alma, Erika Vikman, Birgit Oigemeel or Nadine Beiler you would hate them too
If those songs were sung by, for example, Alma, Erika Vikman, Birgit Oigemeel or Nadine Beiler you would hate LOVE them too. :lol:

Ezio

Veteran
that is why Bulgaria is my favorite. You nailed it.

i prefer gentle songs. Now find a grip.

crashworld

Veteran
Eurojury 2020 Grand Final qualifiers from SF2:

Just two songs different from our forum version of the contest.

Romeo

In the horrible time we are living thought we have a few things to look forward to...

Germany's eurovision alternative
UK's isolation song contest
Sweden's eurovision week

anymore eurovision alternatives? actual competitive shows?

Lindon

Eurojury 2020 Grand Final qualifiers from SF2:

See the pattern?

EscUKFan

Dunno if it’s already been mentioned, but the shite Come Together programme the BBC are broadcasting finishes at 8, there’s another Eurovision documentary on at 10 which leaves two hours free. Maybe they’ll broadcast Shine A Light it after all?

*I read this on another forum so don’t shoot the messenger

Mainshow

Veteran

Personal opinion and taste aside,
I actually had to laugh at this one. Tom Leeb ain't singing anything he truly feels, he sings what the French delegation actually has paid for.

I agree that the revamp made the song listenable, though.

Mainshow

Veteran
Today, my parents, my grandmother and I watched/listened to all 41 entries and came up with a ranking (it's a tradition of ours and actually, it was my mother who wanted to do this today ;)) - I thought it would be nice to share the outcome with you:

#1 :ch: Switzerland
#2 :it: Italy
#3: :nl: The Netherlands
#4 :az: Azerbaijan
#5 :lt: Lithuania
#6 :ge: Georgia
#7 :ro: Romania
#8 :ru: Russia
#9 :is: Iceland
#10 :mt: Malta
#11 :fi: Finland
#12 :mk: North Macedonia
#13 :au: Australia
#14 :sl: Slovenia
#15 :uk: United Kingdom
#16 :dk: Denmark
#17 :ua: Ukraine
#18 :il: Israel
#19 :at: Austria
#20 :de: Germany
#21 :pl: Poland
#22 :fr: France
#23 :ee: Estonia
#24 :bg: Bulgaria
#25 :al: Albania
#26 :es: Spain

did not qualify:
Semi 1 | #11 :se #12 :hr: #13 :be: #14 :by: #15 :no: #16 :cy: #17 :ie:
Semi 2 | #11 :am #12 :sm: #13 :cz: #14 :gr: #15 :lv: #16 :md: #17 :pt: #18 :rs:

I really enjoyed watching this with my family because - apart from being a lovely family tradition and activity - it makes me realize some disparities between "me as a hardcore fan" and "ordinay/casual viewers of different generations", e.g. I am in love with :ua: and :bg: whilst my parents actually really enjoyed listening to :ee: and :fr: (I heavily voted them down).
Also, I guess that :au:, :at: , :fi:, :ee: would indeed qualify instead of some fan favourites. :se: not making it is still unrealistic (it was part of my father's top 3 but my mother and I didn't like it that much). @RainyWoods Slovenia would have qualified ;)

Favourite entries:
My mother: :nl: :ch: :ge: :it: :ru: :ro: :mt: :is:
My dad: :se: :fi: :de: :nl: :it: :ch: :ru: :is: :fr:
My grandmother: :ee: :hr: :fr: :pl: :se: :sl:
Mine: :ua: :it: :bg: :az: :ch: :sl: :nl: :by: :mk:

crashworld

Veteran
Not sure if anyone follows Eurojury, but here are the results:

Overall Results

Jury Vote Results

Televote Results:

My Analysis - Top Differences between Televote & Jury vote

Lindon

That seems to me to be the most realistic result I've seen so far, and not the ( ) one that was done here.

crashworld

Veteran
That seems to me to be the most realistic result I've seen so far, and not the ( ) one that was done here.

How is this more realistic that the rest of the fan editions, may I ask?

Songs like Russia and Iceland did better in the jury votes.
Songs like Switzerland and Norway did better in the televotes.
They have Latvia, Serbia and Armenia all qualified to the Grand Final, which is highly unlikely to happen in the actual contest.

The only realistic part of this result is Sweden getting overrated (yet again) in the jury result.
Sending the most beige, basic and uninteresting song (by Sweden's standards) to almost win the jury vote (lost by only 4 points).

Last edited:

Swedenvision

Tonight SVT:s Eurovision Week offically begins with the show "Inför Eurovision".

Today they will view all the 41 countries and the tv-viewers will vote for their favourites in the official Melodifestivalen-app, 10 countries from each semi will qualify to the final on thursday. Big 5 + Netherlands are already in the final.

As for the voting it will be in two rounds and you can vote 5 times for each song in both of the rounds.
The 1st voting round started already on monday so it has been possible to listen to all the songs and pre-vote in the app since then, and tonight during the show the 2nd round will begin.

The show will begin 21.00 on SVT1 and SVT Play. :)

The final "Sveriges 12a" will be on thursday 14/5 with Sarah Dawn Finer as host, 26 songs will "compete" for the win.
Tv-viewers will vote again togther with a jury of artists (Dotter will be head of jury) they decide which country will get Swedens :12:points.
It will not be possible to vote for Sweden so The Mamas will not compete but they will perform live in the show. :)

crashworld

Veteran
Here is the Germany's Songcheck results (minus Germany):

Looks pretty good to me. :)

And you can watch the German's version of their own ESC, showing the 41 entries and 10 finalists (minus Germany) will advance to the final where they compete for the win.

Top Bottom