22 12.3%

12 6.7%

13 7.3%

8 4.5%

4 2.2%

26 14.5%

• Total voters

wtf

Apparently Estonia was top 3 with the Belarusian jury. Here we go.

I can't believe it's the weakest vocal performance Estonia has sent in years (if not ever) and now of all times it's the juries who might have saved it. :rolleyes: bombing televoting favorites like GTY but saving songs like Rockefeller Street and Storm.. :lol:
Saturday will be exciting. Despite me still strongly disliking the song.

Juliette

Very standard, but I like it. Kind of. We have been made to listen to excerpts of this song during the ESC commercials, so I can tell you the full thing is considerably better. :mrgreen:

Mii11

The most undeserved qualiier. Just awful, if juries supported this mess then they should be scrapped immediately. Verona and even Play were much better...

laululind

Austria 2018 was actually 5th in their semi televotes tho' (and 13th in the final), so they didn't really bomb as such. I do remember wondering how a song that was doing so well on iTunes was getting so few YT views. :lol: Perhaps it's a demographics kind of thing? Casual/older voting audience, who are less likely to rewatch YT vids after the show? But then, who were all the people buying it online? It's a mystery! :rolleyes:

Well, not long until we find out what's what. Storm could have been a jury save, but I don't think it did that poorly in televotes either. While iTunes might have few customers these days, I would think even a small sample size is some indication. Not that I expect we won the semi televotes or anything. :lol: But I don't see us being 12th+ either. Perhaps 8th-11th in either ranking? It'll be interesting to see! :D

Once again, his vocals didn't really sound that bad to me. :confused: He's clearly straining & gets sort of quiet at times, but it didn't come off as him going way off key or something (unlike Serhat). I think it kind of straddles the line of "almost acceptable". :lol: Which might have helped with the juries. The long notes and keychanges were unnecessary, but well, he managed to make the final regardless so whatever I guess. I doubt they'll change it for the final, but you never know. Maybe now that the biggest hurdle has been overcome, he'll be more relaxed and make the most of his last performances. :D Not like he has the burden of being a potential winner either, so he can chill and enjoy the ride.

Pawhlen

Austria 2018 was actually 5th in their semi televotes tho' (and 13th in the final), so they didn't really bomb as such. I do remember wondering how a song that was doing so well on iTunes was getting so few YT views. :lol: Perhaps it's a demographics kind of thing? Casual/older voting audience, who are less likely to rewatch YT vids after the show? But then, who were all the people buying it online? It's a mystery! :rolleyes:

Well, not long until we find out what's what. Storm could have been a jury save, but I don't think it did that poorly in televotes either. While iTunes might have few customers these days, I would think even a small sample size is some indication. Not that I expect we won the semi televotes or anything. :lol: But I don't see us being 12th+ either. Perhaps 8th-11th in either ranking? It'll be interesting to see! :D

Once again, his vocals didn't really sound that bad to me. :confused: He's clearly straining & gets sort of quiet at times, but it didn't come off as him going way off key or something (unlike Serhat). I think it kind of straddles the line of "almost acceptable". :lol: Which might have helped with the juries. The long notes and keychanges were unnecessary, but well, he managed to make the final regardless so whatever I guess. I doubt they'll change it for the final, but you never know. Maybe now that the biggest hurdle has been overcome, he'll be more relaxed and make the most of his last performances. :D Not like he has the burden of being a potential winner either, so he can chill and enjoy the ride.

On the other hand, Benjamin was doing quite well on iTunes last year and that didn´t help, iTunes is a good indication but not 100% sure everytime

Realest

This would be a good #26 in the Final RO.

laululind

On the other hand, Benjamin was doing quite well on iTunes last year and that didn´t help, iTunes is a good indication but not 100% sure everytime

Well, Benjamin was 6th in semi televotes so once again, not a complete flop in that regard. :geek: Like I said, I'm certainly not expecting Victor to have been top 3 (or even top 5) televotes, but lower top 10 doesn't seem out of the question. Seems a little strange for a song that wasn't even top 10 to be leading any sort of chart, but I suppose it could always be possible. Whatever the case, I'm just glad we made it. :)

Pawhlen

I guess Benjamins 6th place in the televote in the semi was because it was very weak.

That´s why the first 2-3 min after we got the 21p from the televote, I was shocked because he charted very well, but it´s ESC, anything can happen

wtf

The juries and televoters agreed on 8 out of 10 finalists.

San Marino is definitely one of those 2 disagreements. The second one could be Estonia or Slovenia, the rest I can not see outside either top 10.

wtf

I guess Benjamins 6th place in the televote in the semi was because it was very weak.

That´s why the first 2-3 min after we got the 21p from the televote, I was shocked because he charted very well, but it´s ESC, anything can happen

Absolutely. The very same semi was won by Rybak and we saw how this resulted in the final.
Dance You Off was very streaming-friendly too. It's perfect for Spotify but does not really make you choose this out of the 26 and vote for it.

laululind

Yeah, we are definitely lucky to have been in semi 1 this year! While semi 2 has most of our friends in it, the level of songs is much stronger & the likes of Sweden/Switzerland/Azerbaijan would have probably hoovered up most of our votes. :lol: I don't think I'd have had any hope for us getting to the final if we were in that semi.

henhu

The juries and televoters agreed on 8 out of 10 finalists.

San Marino is definitely one of those 2 disagreements. The second one could be Estonia or Slovenia, the rest I can not see outside either top 10.

Wouldn't rule out Belarus or Iceland or even Cyprus.

Bsimmons

Saying: "This is the most undeserving qualifier" to me equals to saying "My taste is better than everyone else`s" Takes a cocky person to think like that...

Top 10 yesterday was not my personal top 10, but I do think all qualifiers deserved to qualify.

Preuss

Saying: "This is the most undeserving qualifier" to me equals to saying "My taste is better than everyone else`s" Takes a cocky person to think like that...

Top 10 yesterday was not my personal top 10, but I do think all qualifiers deserved to qualify.

Yeah, this is typical Eurovision fans lol :rolleyes:

henhu

I wonder how many points Sweden gives him... considering how heavily it is played there and it does better than their own entry in iTunes right now (4th vs 7th).
And could he get like 4x12 televoting points (Finland, Sweden, Latvia and Lithuania if other Baltics don't qualify)... :eek:

Carian

Wouldn't rule out Belarus or Iceland or even Cyprus.

I am not crazy about the Estonian song, but the guy is damn sexy and I think this was one of the major reasons how this guy got through. However, I agree with you about Cyprus. I think this might have been the borderline qualifier, cuz her vocals were not great. And I still remember last year's 2nd Semi, when everyone was saying Slovenia squeezed through. In the end, it turned out that we were eight and it was Hungary who barely got into the finals. And everyone was sure Hungary will be high... So, I also think that maybe one of the favourits is actually the borderline qualifier.

wtf

I wonder how many points Sweden gives him... considering how heavily it is played there and it does better than their own entry in iTunes right now (4th vs 7th).
And could he get like 4x12 televoting points (Finland, Sweden, Latvia and Lithuania if other Baltics don't qualify)... :eek:

Here we go with iTunes again.
Too Late For Love has been successful in the Swedish Spotify and official single charts for months, while Storm has never really appeared in either.
The hype about Storm being a hit in Sweden is heavily exaggerated anyway. If it was plaid on radio all the time as everyone claims, it would show on the official single chart.

But you're right, it will be interesting to see how high the Swedish televoters (and juries) vote us :)

Top Bottom