22 12.3%

12 6.7%

13 7.3%

8 4.5%

4 2.2%

26 14.5%

• Total voters

henhu

A televoting runner-up in semi-final. Where are people who said it qualified thanks to juries? :D

laululind

Hey, we made top 20 after all! :lol: Barely, but still. :D About the result we could expect I suppose. Not bottom 5 and I'm happy with that! xcheer It was a pretty strong final after all. I don't think any of our other EL songs could have really done better. Maybe Uku or Stefan would have made the final too, but they would have been overshadowed by stronger songs in the end. I reckon we did about as well as we could this year!

Shame about the camera shot, but I doubt it made a huge difference for the end result. Considering all the tech difficulties in the rehersals, I guess we got lucky it wasn't anything worse. :rolleyes: Still, would be nice to have a few years with no issues for a change.

wtf

I don't think any of our other EL songs could have really done better. Maybe Uku or Stefan would have made the final too, but they would have been overshadowed by stronger songs in the end.

Stefan would have been a cheaper version of The Netherlands. And Uku's eastern appeal would have been stolen by Russia. So I bet he really was the best option.

Bsimmons

A televoting runner-up in semi-final. Where are people who said it qualified thanks to juries? :D

Those who said that the jury needs to go if it helped EST to the Final will now switch to "televoting needs to go" ... because you know ... their taste is superior.

Bsimmons

19/41 is not bad at all, if I think back to my first reaction to hearing all 24 Eesti Laul songs for the 1st time.

Realest

Thank God he didnt flop.

carl1

Can't believe we were ony 18pts away from winning the semi televote :lol: I love how unpredictable eurovision is

Bsimmons

It is weird that we came 4th in our semi beating 6 countries and 19th in the Final beating only 7 countries (including auto qualifiers ISR, GER, UK, ESP) and all that with a clearly better performance from Victor.

... makes me think that shitty camerawork could have played its part afterall.

wtf

Of course Uku was our only juror to put Russia first.. :rolleyes:

Alaska49

well, at least it wasn't the juries who did the hatchet job. if the public liked it, they liked it. i accept the televote decision always, even if i think it's stupid.

also, as horrible as storm is and as badly as it is performed, victor ended up as one of my favourite humans of this year anyway. he is such an adorable, hapless dork in a body of a model. it's way too hard to actually be upset at him or his performance. ah, the lure of white male privilege is strong. i am such a part of the problem lol.

anyway please be good to me next year eesti laul!

ZoboCamel

It is weird that we came 4th in our semi beating 6 countries and 19th in the Final beating only 7 countries (including auto qualifiers ISR, GER, UK, ESP) and all that with a clearly better performance from Victor.

... makes me think that shitty camerawork could have played its part afterall.

I think it's mostly that all the more competitive entries this year seemed to come from SF2. Coming 4th in SF1 doesn't matter too much when the highest-ranking entry from SF1 only got to 9th in the final :lol:

Plus, Estonia - as a slice of safe, accessible but not particularly outstanding pop - does feel like the archetypical entry that does well in the semis and then less so in the final. Especially in a weird semi like SF1, my guess is that a lot of voters sort of flocked to Estonia as a default pop entry amid the sea of weirdness, then went for other options in the final when there were more alternatives.

Daybreak

I think it's mostly that all the more competitive entries this year seemed to come from SF2. Coming 4th in SF1 doesn't matter too much when the highest-ranking entry from SF1 only got to 9th in the final :lol:

Plus, Estonia - as a slice of safe, accessible but not particularly outstanding pop - does feel like the archetypical entry that does well in the semis and then less so in the final. Especially in a weird semi like SF1, my guess is that a lot of voters sort of flocked to Estonia as a default pop entry amid the sea of weirdness, then went for other options in the final when there were more alternatives.

Fred Krieger said that the song was "the most normal" in the semi, it was probably true :lol:

Bsimmons

Well I guess Victor was one of a kind solo male singer in SF1 (if we do not count San Marino "troll" act), but there were more competitive, similar acts in the final to take away some of the lonely housewives votes.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I don't even like the song but damn that was painful to watch. I hope it hasn't affected so much with the viewers

Ichbinjari

His performance was not that great, but he looks good, so I'm wondering who has his telephone number? Oh and I want his outfit (minus the scarf thing)

martin

Well he was good. Going to be one of song i will hear most after Eurovision

Good job Estonia and happy Norway gave you 2 Points :)

Ezio

Veteran
Turns out it was a hit in Semifinal 1. This fits the narrative for me that 2019 was a very generic Eurovision.

Top Bottom