22 12.3%

12 6.7%

13 7.3%

8 4.5%

4 2.2%

26 14.5%

• Total voters

VikingTiger

I really like Storm. But after Victors vocal performance yesterday I was sure he wouldnt qualify. He is a very sexy man, but he does not have the best vocal abilities... sight...
So judging from his performance I dont feel this was well deserved...

Bsimmons

I really like Storm. But after Victors vocal performance yesterday I was sure he wouldnt qualify. He is a very sexy man, but he does not have the best vocal abilities... sight...
So judging from his performance I dont feel this was well deserved...

You can not win on all fronts, can you? :mrgreen:

wtf

Semi 1 songs that are present in many Spotify viral charts: Slovenia, Greece, Australia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Iceland. Even non-qualifiers like Portugal and Poland can be found in some.

Couldn't find Storm in any yet (edit: Lithuania has it though). But from what I've understood, it appealed most to mums and their vote can be powerful so no assumptions to be made :lol: just weird to see Montenegro and songs from the 2nd semi in the Finnish chart but not Storm.

laululind

Montenegro being in any viral chart makes me seriously question their accuracy. :lol: Are we sure these charts have any more 'users' than iTunes? How many people listening does it take to get on them? :confused: Can one dedicated fan replaying a song 200 times get you on the chart?
I'm guessing many of Victors voters might indeed have been casual voters or mums. :rolleyes: Clearly he's not a fan favourite. Well, whatever the case, I'm glad he found some kind of an audience. :D Hopefully some of them will throw a few votes our way come Saturday as well.

wtf

Montenegro being in any viral chart makes me seriously question their accuracy. :lol: Are we sure these charts have any more 'users' than iTunes? How many people listening does it take to get on them? :confused: Can one dedicated fan replaying a song 200 times get you on the chart?
I'm guessing many of Victors voters might indeed have been casual voters or mums. :rolleyes: Clearly he's not a fan favourite. Well, whatever the case, I'm glad he found some kind of an audience. :D Hopefully some of them will throw a few votes our way come Saturday as well.

You made a point with Montenegro :lol:

I wish I knew more about how those charts were calculated. I know the Estonian ones are not the most reliable as Spotify is not that popular here yet. Our #1 song only has 6k daily streams, compared to Finland's 70k. Considering their population, Spotify is more than twice popular around there.
Generally, iTunes has just been dying worldwide while Spotify and Apple Music are constantly rising. In most countries it only takes a few downloads to be charting on iTunes but it's not the case for Spotify, which most kids, teens and young adults use to consume music. Streaming is even more important than radio play for Billboard charts etc. So, Spotify is very accurate and the chart positions do matter more than iTunes.

This, of course, has nothing to do with the actual results. Streaming is basically another form of culture. Eurovision is not just putting on a song or playlist while walking to work. :D

aef

I'm so happy that he qualified! Haters gonna hate, this is a very decent, modern pop song and that's why Victor succeeded! Those fanboys being so salty and mean because xy didn't make it are always so riddicolous...

Milos-BC

Too bad I "crossed him off" so easily, I loved it from the beginning, but somehow I felt that he won't make it. So happy I was wrong. He was really good.

I don't think it will end too high, but I will enjoy it nonetheless.

Alaska49

if juries advanced him there is literally no point to them anymore and they must be dismantled. his performance was a piece of crap and everything juries should be against.

outsynk

Spotify and YouTube charts should obviously never be trusted again.
giphy.gif

Anyway, I haven't been able to rewatch Victor's performance but I must say the first impression was good which is what matters (although my expectations were low). Yes, he was out of tune at times and that fucking backdrop is embarrassing but I guess Victor has a certain charm that carries the performance. I also really liked the new elements they added to the song in the second verse and it was weird but kind of cool the way he sang the beginning of the first chorus higher (even though he was out of tune) and the second one lower. Props to the backing singers who really helped him out during the chorus. Also I never liked the prerecorded footage as it looked cheap but it looked better this time!

It's also amazing that he managed to qualify from the stronger semi which bodes well for the final although I'm still not expecting anything. My advice for them for the final is to borrow Sergey's backdrop and for Victor to try and stay in tune.

wtf

Meanwhile Inga has been getting that radioplay for months. And done well on YT and Spotify. The most popular song off Eesti Laul 2019 for sure. This is why I love our NF so much.

giphy.gif

wtf

Also La La Ladies has disbanded so Inga is free to continue her amazing solo career.
giphy.gif

Was about time!
Now I need Inga to team up with Sven Lõhmus (her self-written rnb songs are not the tea) and destroy 2020.

outsynk

Was about time!
Now I need Inga to team up with Sven Lõhmus (her self-written rnb songs are not the tea) and destroy 2020.
I would love that but I don't think Sven really bothers with writing music anymore. Even Laura has started working with Swedish/Finnish producers.

wtf

I would love that but I don't think Sven really bothers with writing music anymore. Even Laura has started working with Swedish/Finnish producers.

I'm sure he'll make a powerful comeback for the next decade. But LOL at all Sven's artists working with other writers now.

wtf

Laura's top 3 this year: Sweden, The Netherlands, Azerbaijan. :) She didn't like Norway and San Marino, joking she needs to have a beer before to enjoy them. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a very realistic top 3 of a regular juror.

laululind

Almost time for the final! xcheer Good luck Victor! Hope the tensions are off and it'll be a good performance. :D Kind of nice to be so relaxed about our result too. Last year, there was the potential of winning or being a total fanflop, which made things more stressful. :lol: This year, expectations are reasonable and getting to the final was already a good result! Should we manage to get some points here and there and actually end up higher than expected, that would be quite lovely! :D But if not, no matter. Hope everyone enjoys the show!

It'll be interesting to see the semi results too! Not sure if we'll get the split results tonight tho'. I'm curious to know whether we have juries or televoters to thank. :lol: Maybe both? I guess the votes tonight might give us some idea too. Hope they both like us at least a little. :D

Realest

He should get a Second Chance.

henhu

We are sabotaged every single year. Laura's microphone, Elina's SF camera not working, wrong camera showing Victor and cameraman for way too long. His only hope for top 20 is good points from jury and neighbors.

Top Bottom