• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

lilka

Besides everything else, the lyrics are really lovely. Could any Ukrainian member confirm if I understand it right that „Заспівай мені мамо колискову” means „Mom, sing me a lullaby”? I’m trying to guess the meaning using only my Slavic linguistic intuition. I also suppose that „шляк би тебе трафив” must mean something like „damn it”, am I right? ;)

AlekS

Veteran
Besides everything else, the lyrics are really lovely. Could any Ukrainian member confirm if I understand it right that „Заспівай мені мамо колискову” means „Mom, sing me a lullaby”? I’m trying to guess the meaning using only my Slavic linguistic intuition. I also suppose that „шляк би тебе трафив” must mean something like „damn it”, am I right? ;)
You're right (y)

Brandt

Politics or "message" aside, I really just can't stand rap music. The chorus is really REALLY lovely but the rest is just horrible to me because of the rap parts. Wish it was rap-free. Love ya Ukraine but I just can't root for you.

Fluke

Stage looked good, but i didn't like the choreography as much as in the NF, maybe it was just too many wide shots. Still a possible winner though, it's gonna be between this, UK and Spain - and a year ago i wouldn't have expected either of those two to be likely winners :LOL:

Franzilein

In Germany we call this a "Brett" :lol: They function like a well-oiled machine, always delivering, stable in vocals and overall performance. They don't need "pity points", they deserved them anyway.

NeoTen

Look. Let them open the show. Do it. Let's just see how political people want to make this. I think the song is a 5 but I have yet to find a bookie in Turin or elsewhere that is saying anything else besides "C'mon, it's Ukraine". I'm honestly mad.

Datura

i think if we judge this on song and performance and leave out the cicumstances that surround it: it's (in my opinion) not a winner. it's a good entry and i feel all the support for ukraine but it doesnt give me any winner vibes tbh, sorry. top 3 or top 5: yes - winning: no

Loindici

Veteran
Btw, does anyone have an idea why the breakdancer in Kalush is wrapped fully in what seems to be the Ukrainian fabric motif? Correct me if I'm wrong, however.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
While I'm really happy to see them in Turin, that live performance didn't do it for me. At least not nearly as good as having a 47% chance to win in the odds. It could also chalk down to again, like I said with Albania, to the stage this year and the random wide shots.

I also can't help but feel sad that Alina Pash is not taking part, it would've absolutely crushed this year's competition xcry

Fierro

While I'm really happy to see them in Turin, that live performance didn't do it for me. At least not nearly as good as having a 47% chance to win in the odds. It could also chalk down to again, like I said with Albania, to the stage this year and the random wide shots.

I also can't help but feel sad that Alina Pash is not taking part, it would've absolutely crushed this year's competition xcry
Honestly after this year's line of scandals produced by Allina Pash, I cancelled her for myself

And she still keeps doing subtle shade on others during the Eurovision week

midnightsun

Veteran
German participant Malik also said he thinks, Ukraine should win.

Both of my siblings, who didn’t know any of the songs before, had Ukraine as one of their favourites yesterday. Which really surprised me because I didn‘t think it wood be something they like, musicwise. But both said it was very fresh, very cool and they liked it a lot. They aren't invested in ESC as much as me so they probably don’t know there is something like 'political votes' or 'pity votes' which means their enthusiasm for the song is real.

shameless

German participant Malik also said he thinks, Ukraine should win.

Both of my siblings, who didn’t know any of the songs before, had Ukraine as one of their favourites yesterday. Which really surprised me because I didn‘t think it wood be something they like, musicwise. But both said it was very fresh, very cool and they liked it a lot. They aren't invested in ESC as much as me so they probably don’t know there is something like 'political votes' or 'pity votes' which means their enthusiasm for the song is real.
C‘mon even if your siblings are not interested in ESC they have a subconscious mind and know about the situation in the Ukraine.

Mainshow

Veteran
I really love it when people say "It´s Top 3 or Top 5 material but not a winner".

It´s like saying: I really like the Cyprus. It´s a #16-18 song, but it would only manage to get #15 because of political votes from Greece and Greek diaspora.

C´mon guys, let´s be real!

How often have you thought that a song didn´t "deserve to win" - This year is quite "easy" to blame it on the invasion/the war and it still hasn´t been set in stone that Ukraine is going to win.

They will probably get some sympathy votes but Ukraine wouldn´t be that high in the betting odds if they had submitted "Euro Neuro" to Eurovision or delivered a performance like Ronela did last night.

Last edited:

lacrymea

Well, my husband was forced to listen to the show last night (he didn't watch, but the sound was on lol) and at the end he said he liked the "Stefania" song. So, people should start giving it merits on its own.

It's a stand out entry this year. Period.

Top Bottom