Contact us

The Stage is officially finished

aef

That's right, but isn't the diameter of the circle in the middle (the "real" stage) 11 meters? that's pretty small!

anselm

That's right, but isn't the diameter of the circle in the middle (the "real" stage) 11 meters? that's pretty small!

Nope, the diameter of the stage is 14.2m - the LED circle has a diameter of 11m.

aef

Edwin

Well, not that much bigger...

I don't know if it's that bad. We don't usually get detailed dimensions of the stage. It should be much bigger than 2008's confluence of people not standing on the stage.

You'd probably be able to get all 6 performers to lie down across the diameter if you wanted to. As it is, I reckon a few countries would opt to have their backing singers completely hidden, perhaps behind the LED screens.

marty

well the stage in the middle from the front to the led walls is more than 350m², and there is still room behind the led walls which can be opened. i would not call that small. and the led screen is 1m higher than in copenhagen. anyway i dont think that really matters. how everything will be put together with visuals, lights and camera positions counts more.

popavapeur

cameras are able to give an impression of a bigger stage but the fact is : it's small. there's no discussion about it i like big-average stages like last year. We're talking about dusseldorf : fact too it was small but i never had the impression of it. So i hope it'll be the same with Vienna. Fingers Crossed.

some1

I think I might be onto something. Is it possible that the stage tubes work with that kinetic technology too?
Edit: I think it's impossible :oops:

anto475

I think I might be onto something. Is it possible that the stage tubes work with that kinetic technology too?

yes, it is!

marty

its not the stage tubes, its the tubes above the stage. two different things.

anto475

I had a dream last night that I bought lights for my room that worked exactly like the kinetic sculpture. Devastated to wake up and find out it wasn't real.

ZoboCamel

The stage's small size is worrying me a bit, but that kinetic sculpture thing has me hyped! I'm hoping they can use it effectively as part of the performance staging, and not just as a little gimmick in between songs/after the winner's announced.

GWTW1939

^^^
Well everybody is free to use the technology right?

You can bet that Russia and Azerbaijan, both who are always ambitious, will do what they can with it if allowed :lol:

Hopefully if everyone uses it to some extent it will bring Sweden and its gnomes back to earth :geek:

kamc

I'm a little worried that they haven't released a full video yet of the stage in action. It seems last year we had a video of the Copenhagen stage in action quite early by late March.

Chorizo

I hope they will make good use of the kinetic sculpture. It would be a pity only using it for the opening and interval act and to show the flags before the songs. If done the right way, this will create iconic images that will make videos from this year easily recognizable for years to come.

anselm

I'm a little worried that they haven't released a full video yet of the stage in action. It seems last year we had a video of the Copenhagen stage in action quite early by late March.

Last year the contest took place much earlier and we also only got pics/videos in the week before the start of the rehearsals. But yeah, I'm dying to see the stage in action too :eek:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
To me the size of the stage is perfectly fine. I prefer an enclosed, intimate stage anyway! The only thing that doesn't look good to me, is the split background. The two block screens behind the stage structure. Looks... unfinished, even in the photoshopped picture.

anselm

To me the size of the stage is perfectly fine. I prefer an enclosed, intimate stage anyway! The only thing that doesn't look good to me, is the split background. The two block screens behind the stage structure. Looks... unfinished, even in the photoshopped picture.

It won't be like that of course :p The LED screens can open up in the middle, just like in 2011. You can see the stage with closed screens here:

11062766_616708308432157_3694282282696512404_n.jpg

GWTW1939

I think we have seen a tiny little bit of the stage in action but not enough to really get a good impression. Either way the demonstration video and the descriptions give enough anticipation that will make it all the more cool and exciting when we actually do get to see it during rehearsals with the performances :cool:

Top Bottom