Contact us

The Stage is officially finished

Brandt

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/multimedia/photos?gal=129333

orf_szaraniec_20150421150926_cut_brb.jpg

orf_szaraniec_20150421150855_brb.jpg

Brandt

What a disappointment. This is the worst stage since 2011.

kamc

OMG it looks amazing!
I'm not sure if it beats last year or Dusseldorf but it definitely beats Malmo without a doubt.

Haverdge

I really don't like it. Maybe it'll look nicer on TV, but for now it looks awful. Kind of like a stage from the early 2000s.

FilipFromSweden

Was that the best they could do? Sorry but the Malmö one was better

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Remember, camera angles, overall mood and actual visualisations are everything. Of course it doesn't look that great in an empty room with tester backgrounds and the house lights on.

Romeo

I hate it, its too small, looks like a NF stage, not impressed at all

marty

you really should bear in mind that most stages dont look very spectacular when they are not in action and the hall lights on. esc is made for tv audience, tv pictures do matter, visuals and light concepts, camera positions (and there will be more cameras than in copenhagen) but not how the stage looks in an empty hall. and the stage is not much smaller than in recent years (copenhagen for example was only 13m in height, but of course the back led screens much wider, dusseldorf stage was a bit smaller in diameters....).

copenhagen for sure will not be beaten for a long time. but on the other side it is poor if everything is concentrated on the stage and lights. the opening in copenhagen was very poor- dancers waving with flags..... how innovative! hope in vienna the programm will be more emotional. that counts more than technics.

marty

and on some pictures you can see that there seems to be a kinetic culpture installed above the stage, moveable led lights which can create different kinds of huge sculptures. that will look spectacular and is all new to esc.

tuorem

[MENTION=14099]marty[/MENTION] This is the "chain of lights" :mrgreen: this wave-shaped structure that makes the stage look small imo. In addition to that, it'll represent more work for cameramen who'll be on stage because there is no catwalk, this structure implies constraints for them. BUT I prefer this stage over Germany's which was basically a round stage with a giant screen... which was very poor imo because I felt like artists looked lost.

marty

[MENTION=14099]marty[/MENTION] This is the "chain of lights" :mrgreen: this wave-shaped structure that makes the stage look small imo. In addition to that, it'll represent more work for cameramen who'll be on stage because there is no catwalk, this structure implies constraints for them. BUT I prefer this stage over Germany's which was basically a round stage with a giant screen... which was very poor imo because I felt like artists looked lost.

i think you mean the led tubes around the stage that form an eye. thats not what i meant. i mean the lights above the audience in front of the stage. it was not officially mentioned by orf so far but to me it looks like a kinetic sculpture which is a quite new technology. it would fit to the announcement that in the opening there will be the big sphere floating into the stadthalle.

Romeo

Vienna have gone green and decided not to make a new stage, just use the one from 1997

1997.jpg

Top Bottom