Contact us

JESC 2015

ZoboCamel

Ukraine and Malta's entries have been growing on me in the last few days - I think they've both got a chance in the contest! I haven't listened to the entries enough to separate them all yet, but my top 4 is probably something like:

1. Slovenia
2. Ukraine
3. Malta
4. Australia

Also, after a quick flick through some of the rehearsal videos I've found myself thinking Armenia will grow on me a lot when I watch it live on the night (just as they did in last year's Junior contest). I'm not the biggest fan of the song or the genre, but the kid can really sing, he owns the stage, and those background LED effects are pretty spot-on.

Romeo

Russia is my new favourite after today.

1. Russia
2. Malta
3. Belarus

Romeo

In my appreciation for Russia in JESC I have changed my flag :D

EDC0708

Just to double check, will JESC be starting at 6:30pm UK time on Saturday, if it is starting at 7:30 CET?

Romeo

Just to double check, will JESC be starting at 6:30pm UK time on Saturday, if it is starting at 7:30 CET?

Yeah it's 6:30 UK time. I was shocked, I remember it was 8pm then 7pm now 6:30. Its better for me, I can get drunk during the show then get ready to go out :D

edit: was it 6pm last year? 19::CET?

I'm confused

EDC0708

Yeah it's 6:30 UK time. I was shocked, I remember it was 8pm then 7pm now 6:30. Its better for me, I can get drunk during the show then get ready to go out :D

edit: was it 6pm last year? 19::CET?

I'm confused

Thanks!

ZoboCamel

Wasn't going to bother waking up early for JESC but I'd like to see it on TV and apparently SBS's delayed broadcast airs a week after the initial broadcast. Well, I guess it's a 5:30AM morning for me then~

Pawhlen

I couldn´t withstand to watch the recap of the dress rehearsal,

and based on those short snippets of each song I would say :sl: and :ru: are my two nominees for the victory,

:al: and :ua: as dark horses

CatEye

I'd say that :ie: and :au:s will be in the top 2 of the juries and that :am: and :rs: will be in the televoters's top 2. I'm almost 100% sure that the juries will have the final say for the third time in a row. And Malta will probably host it then in the next year.

ZoboCamel

It might just be my personal preference, but I do feel like Ukraine is being overlooked by some people. They've got probably the only serious upbeat song, and the only one with some darker elements in the composition (apart from perhaps Belarus). Last year, I think, showed the importance of standing out in the contest - I still attribute Italy's surprise win to the fact that they had the only male artist.

I wouldn't say they're a favourite - Slovenia and Australia should attract a lot of jury votes, while Armenia and Malta will likely do well in the televote - but I don't think they should be counted out.

EDC0708

Anyone got sound! Eurovision tv and youtube are showing the contest in complete silence!

Gogerko

I didn't listen to any of the songs before the contest so I can say that MACEDONIA was the best BY FAR considering first 13 songs.

Top Bottom