SRBIJA

Banned
3 countries have confirmed participation so far:

:by:
:bg:
:nl:

Negotiations with few more going on.

Verjamem

I hope that :sl: won't withdraw like :il: after 2012 edition (they also had a best song and deserved to win, but got a weak result) :(

Romeo

:mt: :nl: :by: :ge: :am: will be tehre for sure

EDC0708

The ratings for JESC 2014 in Italy were quite bad apparently with only a 0,66% audience share and 150.000 viewers. :( Apparently 53% of the audience were over 65, which is strange, as it was shown on a children's channel in Italy.

94ayd

The ratings for JESC 2014 in Italy were quite bad apparently with only a 0,66% audience share and 150.000 viewers. :( Apparently 53% of the audience were over 65, which is strange, as it was shown on a children's channel in Italy.

Not surprised, the song sounded like something Gianni Morandi would sing...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Less than 1%? That is absolutely terrible. :lol:

SRBIJA

Banned
Malta confirmed apparently.

:me: says the would like to participate again as long as they manage to secure the sponsorship.

CPV4931

I hope, Germany will finally participate in Junior Eurovision next year. At least one of our biggest broadcasters, ZDF, observed Junior Eurovision this year so there is some hope :-) (Germany: ZDF Observed JESC 2014 | Eurovoix)

SRBIJA

Banned
:de: and :hu: were the observes this year yep. That doesn't have to mean they will join for sure but there is a possibility. :p Would be great to see them joining!

nunaney

2014 is almost over and we still don't know who will host. I guess it must be Bulgaria because if Italy actually wanted to host, surely we would have heard something by now.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
2014 is almost over and we still don't know who will host. I guess it must be Bulgaria because if Italy actually wanted to host, surely we would have heard something by now.

Maybe they are still in negotiations?

makkillottu

I think they're still negotiating something with EBU. IMHO Rai wants host next year's JESC, because there's a huge "media coverage" around Vincenzo Cantiello. He's guest in almost all shows in Italy... Daytime, Daytime-afternoon, Access Prime Time, etc... it never happened, neither for ESC contestants!

So yeah, I think we're going to host the show. Probably they're still negotiating with a couple of cities for getting some fresh cash from local tourism authorities. Some years ago they talked with Turin municipality to evaluate their interest in hosting the event at PalaIsozaki (used for 2006 Winter Olympics), in case of success for Italy.

I think in January-February we'll get an answer. Maybe during higly-watched Sanremo festival?

Staewi

ZDF, our second EBU broadcaster, could still be an option - but I wouldn't be too sad if they also decide against a participation. xshrug

Top Bottom