Contact us

JESC 2015

DanielLuis

Congratulations to Malta! If it was my choice, I would give Slovenia the win, but Malta would be a close 2nd! Still, I'm very happy with Slovenia's 3rd place, they have been deserving a top 3 at Eurovision for some time now.
I'm very happy with Albania's 5th place, I thought that even though the song is great the somewhat monotonous staging would make people not vote for it, but thankfully I was wrong.
I'm surprised with Australia only finishing 8th.
And congrats to BNT for making a great show.

CPV4931

So congratulations to Malta for winning the second time :-)

It was a really deserved victory, my favorites besides Malta yesterday were Albania and Macedonia, unfortunatelly Macedonia did very bad in the voting.

Yazy

I also have to congratulate Malta, since I forgot to do it yesterday.

Its a nice feel good song and I don´t mind that it won. Still, it wasn´t among my top 5.
Now, if there is one thing that I didn´t like about the song, it is a striking resemblance to "Forget you". I have felt that resemblance multiple times when listening.
I´m not going to complain about that, but I´ll just note that whenever this happens, I get the urge to switch and listen to the "original" song instead. One prime example of this was when I heard "Superman" from Lara Lee on this year´s Romanian NF.

As for other songs, I´m extremely delighted that Slovenia finished 3rd. This is their best result in all ESC and JESC editions together, I believe.

I´m also glad for Albania. Sure, the performance wasn´t much, but I really liked the tune of the song. I was afraid that they would score bad again, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Finally, I wanted Serbia in top 5. It was very effective as an opening act and I liked how she was able to pull out those high notes, even though her voice cracked a bit at some parts.

I hope Macedonia stays, even though after what happened last night, it seems unlikely.

Pawhlen

Congratulations to Malta! If it was my choice, I would give Slovenia the win, but Malta would be a close 2nd! Still, I'm very happy with Slovenia's 3rd place, they have been deserving a top 3 at Eurovision for some time now.
I'm very happy with Albania's 5th place, I thought that even though the song is great the somewhat monotonous staging would make people not vote for it, but thankfully I was wrong.
I'm surprised with Australia only finishing 8th.
And congrats to BNT for making a great show.

Totally agree with you Daniel

Yazy: correct

EscGeek

Veteran
anyone know anything about the split results?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
They need plenty of time to make sure all the voting is fixed so it looks Malta won fairly. ;)

joke ofc.

Joni

I think there were clearly two entries that stood out: Malta and Slovenia. They had all that is needed: an excellent song and performance - and they also can sing live. From these two I would have put Slovenia at number 1.

ayzelto

So happy Malta finally won the contest and not Armenia.

My top 5 after the contest would be:

1. IRELAND
2. MALTA
3. AUSTRALIA
4. SLOVENIA
5. ITALY

niko

Banned
My post-JESC top 5

1) Malta
2) Slovenia
3) Armenia
4) Russia
5) Albania

I don't even remember the other songs and the Bulgarian one was nothing special to be in top 5 to be honest.

I can't decide which should take the last place - the Dutch one or the song from the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

Odalis

So happy Malta finally won the contest and not Armenia.

Finally? They won in 2013 too :lol:

I'm extremely happy with the results, especially with my fav Malta, Albania and Armenia in the Top-5 and Macedonian braid, San Marinian and Montenegrin vocal/artistic trainwreck at the bottom-5.

Romeo

I've just worked out (probably incorrectly) the percentage of votes each winner got. Here are the results:

2003 - 14.43%
2004 - 16.95%
2005 - 13.30%
2006 - 14.66%
2007 - 11.51%
2008 - 14.66%
2009 - 13.29%
2010 - 12.24%
2011 - 11.86%
2012 - 15.36%
2013 - 14.47%
2014 - 13.49%
2015 - 14.82%

Maria Isabel from Spain in 2004 got the highest percentage of votes ever in JESC

EDC0708

Left it a bit late to comment, but thought Malta was a great winner. Was disapointed F.Y.R. Macedonia didn't do better, third jesc in a row where my favourite song of the night finished last!

Does anyone know how the ratings were this year. I've found the following:
:bg: Bulgaria - 1,078,000 (Up from 2014)
:nl: The Netherlands 339,000 (Down from 2014)
:it: Italy 80,836 (Down from 2014)

The youtube link is currently at 102,348 - shame the sound didn't work for so long.

Joni

The youtube link is currently at 102,348 - shame the sound didn't work for so long.

I don't know about know other ratings than those. Here is the full show in HQ without commentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpYRkv66EMA

The sounds was the only thing that they messed up, otherwise it all was pretty perfect, not much difference to ESC really.

Top Bottom