Tonight truly kicks off the busy period in any Eurovision fans’ life, as we begin to dust off our second monitors or our phones and prepare to multitask – that’s right, national final season 2018 is in full swing!
Tonight, three shows will take place in three separate areas of Europe. Want to know what’s going on on Saturday? Then read on below for our previews!
🇫🇷 FRANCE – Destination Eurovision Semi-Final 2
France’s renaissance in the contest continues as the hype around this year’s French approach reaches fever pitch with the second semi-final! A mixture of the Francophone jury of Amir, Isabelle Boulay and Christophe Willem, and the international jury will once again pick the four acts to make it through to next week’s live final.
The nine acts competing in tonight’s semi-final are;
- Lucie – My World
- Madame Monsieur – Mercy
- Jane Constance – Un jour j’ai rêve
- Nassi – Rêve de Gamin
- Igit – Lisboa Jérusalem
- Max Cinnamon – Ailleurs
- Sarah Caillibot – Tu mes manques
- Sweem – Là-Haut
- June The Girl – Same
🇭🇺 HUNGARY – A Dal Heat 1
One of the most hotly contested competitions, A Dal has been a firm favourite in recent years and is now one of the highlights of the Eurovision season. The 2018 edition of the competition to select Hungary’s representative will begin tonight with the first heat.
The ten acts in the first Hungarian heat are;
- Ceasefire X – Satellites
- Fourtissimo ft. Markanera – Kisnyuszi a kalapban
- Viktor Király – Budapest Girl
- Gabi Knoll – Nobody to Die For
- Leander Kills – Nem szól harang
- Living Room – Kirakat élet
- Noemo – Levegőt!
- Patikadomb – Jó szelet!
- Zsolt Süle – Zöld a májusa
- Tamás Vastag – Ne hagyj reményt
A combination of televoting and jury scores will decide five qualifiers, with an additional public vote solely deciding a sixth qualifier for the next round. This year’s jury consists of Judit Schell, Misi Mező, Károly Frenreisz and Miklós Both.
🇱🇹 LITHUANIA – Eurovizijos Atranka Show 2
After a week’s break, Lithuania continue their colossal national selection with the second show of the competition.
A combination of a domestic jury and televoting will decide the six qualifiers for the next round.
The twelve acts that will perform in this week’s show are as follows;
- Juozas Martin – Don’t Give Up
- Justina Žukauskaitė – Love Doesn’t Lie
- Elvina Milkauskaitė & Balys Kulikauskas – So Long My Love, My Lover
- LJ – Over Now
- Rūta Kotryna – Ghost
- Saulės kliošas – Man Gaila
- Twosome – Hello
- Paula – 1 2 3
- Audrius Petrauskas – In My Bones
- Elizabeth Olshey – Bejausmis
- Mia – Arrows
- Emilija Valiukevičiūtė – Bye Bye
Which show(s) will #YOU be watching this weekend? Share your thoughts with us on our forum HERE or join the discussion below and on social media!