Have you cleared your schedule for tonight? We hope so, because the Eurovision world turns it up to 11 tonight! No less than five Eurovision shows take place tonight, including Malta’s decision for 2018 and the first live shows in Latvia and let’s not forget – the return of Melodifestivalen.
Here’s a quick guide to how #YOU will be spending your Saturday evening!
🇸🇪 SWEDEN – Melodifestivalen 2018 – Semi-Final 1 (20:00 CET)
The most famous of all national selections for the contest, the immensely popular Swedish Melodifestivalen will have Swedes across the country glued to their screens alongside thousands of Eurofans across the world, and this year promises to once again unmissable. With a diverse range of artists (and a historian) taking part tonight, it’s sure to be a thrilling night from beginning to end.
- Sigrid Bernson – Patrick Swayze
- John Ludvik – My Turn
- Renaida – All The Feels
- Edward Blom – Livet på en pinne
- Kikki Danielson – Osby Tennessee
- Kamferdrops – Solen lever kvar hos dig
- Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance You Off
The top two songs will qualify for the grand final on March 10th at the spectacular Friends Arena in Solna, Stockholm, whereas third and fourth place will qualify to Andra Chansen a week earlier in Kristianstad.
🇱🇹 LITHUANIA – Eurovizijos Atranka 2018 – Heat 4 (20:00 CET)
Lithuania’s mammoth national selection continues tonight with thirteen more songs hoping to reach the next round. Six of tonight’s songs will qualify to the next stage and #YOU can follow all of the drama as it unfolds live HERE or join the discussion on our forum HERE.
The thirteen participants are;
- Rūta Loop – Positive Thoughts
- Jurgis Brūzga – For Love
- Ofelija – Butterfly
- Dainotas Varnas – Merry-go-Round
- Rugilė Daujotaitė – Love Is The Flower Of Life
- Kotryna Juodzevičiūtė – That Girl
- Marius Petrauskas – Kol Meilė Gyva
- Silvija Pankūnaitė – Real
- El Fuego – I Do Believe
- Marija – This Love
- Rasa Kaušiūtė – The Silence
- The Roop – Yes, I Do
- Monika Marija – The Truth
🇱🇻 LATVIA – Supernova 2018 – Semi-Final 1 (20:25 CET)
Latvia’s Supernova has revolutionised the Baltic nation’s approach to the contest, it has to be said. Following a string of unsuccessful participations, the competition immediately produced a 6th place finish for Aminata in 2015, with her entry for Justs in 2016 also reaching the final. After finishing last in Kyiv however, Latvia will hope to find a song to bring them back to the final. The search begins tonight with the first seven songs taking part;
- Katrīna Gupalo and The Black Birds – Intoxicating Caramel
- Rahu the Fool – Oh Longriver
- DVINES – More Than Meets The Eye
- Agnese Stengrevics – You Are My World
- Sudden Lights – Just Fine
- Edgars Kreilis – Younger Days
- Liene Greifāne – Walk the Talk
DVINES and Edgars Kreilis make returns to the competition tonight, can either of them or both take the two spots for the grand final on February 24th? A combination of jury votes and the Latvian televote will decide the fate of these two as well as the rest of the participants! #YOU can watch the Latvian semi-final HERE and join the discussion with us on the forum HERE.
🇭🇺 HUNGARY – A Dal 2018 – Heat 3 (20:30 CET)
Hungary’s A Dal continues with the third heat of the competition tonight, as the highly anticipated national selection concludes its first round of heats. The ten acts who have not yet performed will take to the stage tonight, with five acts qualifying from a combined jury and televote, with the sixth qualifier decided on televoting alone.
The ten acts in tonight’s show are as follows;
- #yeahla ft. Viki Eszes – 1 Szó Mint 100
- Andy Roll – Turn the Lights On
- Cintia Horváth & Tomi Balogh – Journey (Break Your Chains)
- Ham ko Ham – Bármerre jársz
- Maszkura és a tücsökraj – Nagybetűs szavak
- Nikoletta Szőke, Attila Kökény and Róbert Szakcsi Lakatos – Életre kel
- Nova Prospect – Vigyázó
- Reni Tolvai – Crack My Code
- Roland Gulyás – H Y P N O T I Z E D
- Tamás Horváth – Meggyfa
🇲🇹 MALTA – Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2018 (21:00 CET)
Malta become the fifth country to select their song for Lisbon tonight as the annual Malta Eurovision Song Contest takes place, with a staggering 16 entries for the competition! In a straight fight for the victory, one song will be chosen from the field to represent the Mediterranean islands in Portugal in May.
The 16 hopefuls are;
- AIDAN – Dai Laga
- Miriana Conte – Rocket
- Jasmine Abela – Supernovas
- Matthew Anthony – Call 2morrow
- Danica Muscat – One Step at a Time
- Dwett – Breaking Point
- Lawrence Grey – Love Renegade
- Richard & Joe Micallef – Song for Dad
- Tiziana – First Time
- Eleanor Cassar – Back to Life
- Rhiannon – Beyond Blue Horizons
- Brooke – Heart of Gold
- Christabelle – Taboo
- Deborah C – Turn It Up
- Avenue Sky – We Can Run
- Petra – Evolution
Fernando and Stefan will bring live social media updates from Malta from 18:30 CET and throughout the course of the evening, and we will bring #YOU the result once confirmed! #YOU can watch the show online HERE and the discussion will take place on our forum HERE.
Make sure to make your voice heard in our poll HERE.
Which show will #YOU be watching? Let us know!