Fans of the Eurovision Song Contest were thrilled to hear that Ukrainian winner Ruslana will be making a highly anticipated return at the 2023 event in Liverpool. Despite initial disappointment after being left out of the lineup, Ruslana’s participation was confirmed by Ukraine’s public broadcasting company (UA:PBC), who recognized her historic win in 2004.
Ruslana had previously taken to social media to express her surprise and disappointment at not being included in the event, but the broadcaster responded by acknowledging the importance of her victory in 2004 and confirming her participation.
Confirmed Performers for Eurovision 2023
The Eurovision Song Contest 2023, hosted by the BBC on behalf of Ukraine, has already confirmed several artists who will perform or feature in the event. These include:
- Julia Sanina (Host of the Contest and front woman in the alternative rock band ‘The Hardkiss’)
- Otoy (Ukrainian hip-hop artist)
- Tina Karol (Eurovision 2006)
- Verka Serduchka (Eurovision 2008)
- Alyosha (Eurovision 2010)
- Mariya Yaremchuk (Eurovision 2014)
- Jamala (Eurovision 2016 Winner)
- Go-A (Eurovision 2020 & 2021)
- Zlata Dziunka (Junior Eurovision 2022)
- Kalush Orchestra (Eurovision 2022 Winners)
Along with these, we also have a bunch of non-Ukrainian former acts that are getting ready for Liverpool. These being:
- Sonia (Eurovision 1993)
- Netta (Eurovision 2018 Winner)
- Duncan Laurence (Eurovision 2019 Winner)
- Mahmood (Eurovision 2019)
- Daði Freyr (Eurovision 2020 & 2021)
- Sam Ryder (Eurovision 2022)
- Cornelia Jakobs (Eurovision 2022)
With the addition of Ruslana, the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 is looking to have a very star-studded cast of former contestants and celebrities.
The two Eurovision semi-finals are getting close as they will be on the 9th and the 11th of May, with the Final being on the 13th of May.
Are #YOU happy to see Ruslana added to the lineup of interval acts? Let us know by commenting on our social media accounts @ESCUnited, our Discord, or our forum page!
You must be logged in to post a comment.