The search for the 30th Icelandic hopeful started tonight as Söngvakeppnin kicked off.
Tonights show saw six acts perform their songs:
- Hildur – “Bammbaramm”
- Erna Mist Pétursdóttir “Skuggamynd”
- Arnar Jónsson & Rakel Pálsdóttir “Til mín”
- Júlí Heiðar Halldórsson & Þórdís Birna Borgarsdóttir “Heim til þín”
- Rúnar Eff Rúnarsson “Mér við hlið”
- Aron Hannes Emilsson “Nótt”
Solely the televote decided the three acts that proceeded to the final that will be held on March 11th and they are Rúnar Eff Rúnarsson, Aron Hannes Emilsson and Arnar Jónsson & Rakel Pálsdóttir.
The second semifinal is scheduled for next Saturday, where another three acts will be picked just like tonight.