Contact us

WV Spin-Off #29 - COLOUR SPINOFF - CONFIRMATION THREAD (DEADLINE: 18th JUNE, 23:59 CET!)

Milos-BC

Re: WV Spin-Off #29 - Colour Spin-Off | THE SHOW!! (Deadline: June 29 - 23:59 CET)

Saw this now........

Well, since I accepted the entries, I also apologize if there was any issue with that, I just thought that, when there is a word "color/colors" in the title that it is not a specific color, but it is still related to the theme. So, it was, practically, a misunderstanding. And from my point of view I am up for whatever [MENTION=10140]cegs5[/MENTION] wants, it is his theme, so he has the right on that.

cegs5

Re: WV Spin-Off #29 - Colour Spin-Off | THE SHOW!! (Deadline: June 29 - 23:59 CET)

Saw this now........

Well, since I accepted the entries, I also apologize if there was any issue with that, I just thought that, when there is a word "color/colors" in the title that it is not a specific color, but it is still related to the theme. So, it was, practically, a misunderstanding. And from my point of view I am up for whatever [MENTION=10140]cegs5[/MENTION] wants, it is his theme, so he has the right on that.

No worries. Problem is solved. Let's just carry on and have fun.
[MENTION=4490]Simon87[/MENTION] You have nothing to worry about. Your song is now allowed to participate so you don't need to change it.
You can be sure that I'll value the song as it is because it's officially taking part of the contest.
One of the reason I abandoned the original demand was the limited time of our host to make changes, so let's leave it as it is.
xup

Steffan

Next time you suggest a spinoff please make sure to include a detailed description of it and what songs would and would not be allowed, just so we don't go trough this again...

cegs5

Next time you suggest a spinoff please make sure to include a detailed description of it and what songs would and would not be allowed, just so we don't go trough this again...

I think the description was clear enough. Next time I think we should read carefully the description xup

Steffan

I think the description was clear enough.

As the past 6 pages of discussion prove, it was not. Also, that was directed at everyone, not just you.

cegs5

It was very clear not my fault that 5 out 23 people missunderstood it, so for me those 6 pages proved tat I was right... I just tried to overcome the drama and even abandoned the discussion but it seems that nothing is ever enough... whatever!

Steffan

I really have no idea why you are getting upset... As I said, my suggestion was directed towards all players, so we can avoid confusion in the spinoffs to come...

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Also a note to future hosts: make sure you ask the theme suggester exactly what they meant by their idea. ;)

Hele.

It was very clear not my fault that 5 out 23 people missunderstood it, so for me those 6 pages proved tat I was right... I just tried to overcome the drama and even abandoned the discussion but it seems that nothing is ever enough... whatever!

I think Steffan just has best attention to overcome those situations in future. Well, 5 out of 23 people is 21,79% which is significant part if you ask me. Furthermore, maybe some others who sent song how you want also misunderstood and thought it was allowed. Only 5 people sent songs like this, but maybe some other also misunderstood but had some other songs in plans. xshrug
I also suggested the same thing as Steffan, that in future theme suggester also offers more detailed description of what is allowed and what not. All of those songs were closely related with theme, it is not someone sent song with number in title, I mean. People can't know what you (or some other theme suggester) exactly think. So just to overcome future situation like this, more detail description will not be helpless. ;)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

But if you read cegs's theme description, it says "songs with a colour in the title". To me that is 100% clear with no room for uncertainty. But maybe that's just me. ;)

cegs5

If a description says colours name is not necessary to especify what is not allowed because we all know that the word color or darkness aren't a colour themselves.
It seems difficult to understand it for some people, but instead of accepting their mistake of interpretation you keep somehow blaming the way the description was written just because you thought something else.
I could easily stay with my original idea based on what I wrote, but I chose to let it be...

Next time I will suggest Cities Spin-off and I will write clearly that songtitle must contain a name of a city... do I need to especify that the word city is not allowed? Why?

Isn't enough to write what is allowed so you know what to send?
If I want to allow the word city I will write it down, but if it is not written there is no reason to believe that it could be sent.

To avoid further controversies I would say please read the description and understand it correctly, But if you say let's be more especific in the description...ok it's your point of view

never mind...

Hele.

cegs5, misunderstood happen, not only for one but for more persons. It is a fact. That happen. It happen because everything is closely connected with theme of spin off. Now it is as it is. We overcome it and let's continue.

Also, this is not first time some songs are questionable for participating. So to avoid it in future, Steffan (and me and some other people) just suggested logical thing but you again got so upset...really don't get why. xrunhug He (and we) just have best attention. ;)

About understanding description correctly, we might disagree but it is better if it is more detailed and everything is much clearer then. Less space for mistakes. ;) ;)

Let's enjoy show now! xcheer

cegs5

OK Ok we already said our point of view...let's just continue xhug

esc87fan

I have everything set to go for the LL unless any other changes need to be made. The date and time will be Tuesday 6/24 at 18:30 CET (12:30 my time) if that sounds good for everyone

Keep this address in mind: plug.dj – WV Colors Spin-Off

Top Bottom