Contact us

WV Spin-Off #29 - COLOUR SPINOFF - CONFIRMATION THREAD (DEADLINE: 18th JUNE, 23:59 CET!)

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Where's the show? :(
[MENTION=7006]Hele.[/MENTION] [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] - any updates? It's almost 3 days after the confirmation deadline now - needing my fix of new music! :lol:

:eek: me?
i am sure Hele will come tonight and post show

Hele.

Show is going to be soon! I almost prepared everything last night and today during all the day I wasn't at home or I was studying so I couldn't finalize! Anyway, show is arriving now! xcheer

cegs5

Re: WV Spin-Off #29 - Colour Spin-Off | THE SHOW!! (Deadline: June 29 - 23:59 CET)

Nice show!
I'm afraid that the Finnish entry has no a colour name in the title. "Synkkä" isn't a colour itself, it's an adjective to describe a mood. Yes, you can translate it as "black" in some contexts like "black side" or so...but in Finnish language it's not a colour.

hawadharma

Re: WV Spin-Off #29 - Colour Spin-Off | THE SHOW!! (Deadline: June 29 - 23:59 CET)

I didn't know we can send a song with the word 'colors' .. xshrug

anyway, great banners Hele xcheer

And hope you guys love Californian entry :)

cegs5

I didn't know we can send a song with the word 'colors' .. xshrug

Well the spin-off theme was my suggestion and I cleary wrote in tge description that the title must have a colour name. So, I'm afraid that song doesn't fit in the theme neither xshrug

I know that spin-off is not very strict with the rules, but at least we have to follow the theme and description of it, otherwise it wouldn't have sense to make spin-off.

Simon87

Well the spin-off theme was my suggestion and I cleary wrote in tge description that the title must have a colour name. So, I'm afraid that song doesn't fit in the theme neither xshrug

I know that spin-off is not very strict with the rules, but at least we have to follow the theme and description of it, otherwise it wouldn't have sense to make spin-off.

Well the host accepted my entry so I suppose its allowed since the topic is Colors but if you dont agree I can change fast : )

Simon87

Anyway I sent a reserve entry if you are against word Colors

So please

Dont vote yet

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

There are several people who sent songs with the word "color" in the title. :? It clearly says in the confirmation post that the title should have at least one color in it, not the word color. IOTAP

as78

Great show Helena! xclap xbow xcheer

about songs with word 'color'. I think they shouldn't be allowed.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

The theme was cegs' idea and the one who suggests the theme always gets to say how the rules of said theme should be. He clearly wanted colors. Or like he said in a post above:

Sultana

I thought color spin off means all colors and the word color
like it was in animal spin off we had animals and the word animal :? What we should do now? Disqualify all participants who used the word color? Besides, hosts didn't tell us that it is not allowed, I guess they also thought that this word is allowed

Sultana

[MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION] you argue most of all then tell me what we should do with participants who sent song with "color" and Hele already made all banners? I guess you know more than other..

theditz83

Veteran

Seems that a lot of people haven't read the description that Hele. posted in the confirmation topic...

As the name implies, the songs you are sending have to contain at least one color in the title. For example: "Purple Rain" from Prince.

But whatever - I'm not overly fussed ;)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

[MENTION=11624]NoraZineb[/MENTION] I didn't argue most of all, but of course you would see it that way. I don't know what should be done about the situation, I'm neither the host, nor the theme suggester. It should be up to cegs to decide.

Just because the word animal was allowed in the animal spin-off doesn't mean that it's going to be the same for every spin-off henceforth.

Sultana

[MENTION=11624]NoraZineb[/MENTION] I didn't argue most of all, but of course you would see it that way. I don't know what should be done about the situation, I'm neither the host, nor the theme suggester. It should be up to cegs to decide.

Just because the word animal was allowed in the animal spin-off doesn't mean that it's going to be the same for every spin-off henceforth.

well, it seems that hosts also didn't know about that, I think we should leave it as it is now and then in next spin offs make the theme description more clear

theditz83

Veteran

[/B]

well, it seems that hosts also didn't know about that, I think we should leave it as it is now and then in next spin offs make the theme description more clear

The host certainly knew about this when they wrote the description for the show, and it seemed pretty clear to me!

But it's started now, so I agree

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

The host certainly knew about this when they wrote the description for the show, and it seemed pretty clear to me!

But it's started now, so I agree

so why one host accepted this song and other made banner without any doubt that its wrong? :lol:
I think all is ok, theme is colors and songs with "colors" in the title about colors, or not? Or then just random named "colors" and about rain-wheather-cosmos?
I don't see any problem with only 3 songs out of 23, its not like a half of members sent such songs

Top Bottom