Contact us

WV Spin-Off #29 - COLOUR SPINOFF - CONFIRMATION THREAD (DEADLINE: 18th JUNE, 23:59 CET!)

hawadharma

Re: WV Spin-Off #29 - Colour Spin-Off | THE SHOW!! (Deadline: June 29 - 23:59 CET)

@Stargazer you argue most of all then tell me what we should do with participants who sent song with "color" and Hele already made all banners? I guess you know more than other..

I suggest that all participants with the word color to find a new song that contains an actual color in the title.
And the host to redo the banners. It's not that hard I guess.

You should be thankful that this is highlighted at the very beginning of the show, not later.

Avalon

Re: WV Spin-Off #29 - Colour Spin-Off | THE SHOW!! (Deadline: June 29 - 23:59 CET)

Besides, hosts didn't tell us that it is not allowed, I guess they also thought that this word is allowed
Doesn't matter. Hosts only need to say what is allowed and all other cases are therefore not allowed. They can't make a list of all the words that are not allowed if you know what I mean.

cegs5

I'm very sorry for this, but the theme was written very clearly by me and [MENTION=4368]Milos-BC[/MENTION] ... I don't get the whole confusion about it. We know that all spin-off are different, that's why we write a description which become a rule for the edition.
Indeed it would be easy to let it be...but if we keep that attitude all the time we'll never stop with this kind of discussions, where the people who followed the description complains and are threated like drama hunters. I think it's unfair for those who searched a song with a colour name only.
So, if you ask me what to do, I think those four songs with the word color + Finland (because as I said before synkkä is not a colour) shouldn't take part.

But what we can do is to extend shortly a period (only for this edition) so the participants who sent those songs can find another one with a name of colour, if they still want to participate. I hope it's not too much work for the host, although the banners are done, it would be necessary just to change the text... we are not in a hurry anyway.

Next time if we send a song which doesn't follow the description it should be DQ with no option to send another song out of the DDL ... but just for thos edition let's give them the oportunity to replace that song. For example [MENTION=4490]Simon87[/MENTION] said that he has another song that he can send instead.

I think we have to set a precedent now.

Btw it's nothing personal, I don't even know who are the jurors of each songs...it's just to start being a bit more precise in order to have fun! xhug

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

I agree with cegs. Themes should be followed as outlined, for all spin-offs. Some theme suggesters might be ok with rules being bent slightly and that's fine obviously, but those theme suggesters who want the spin-off to be exactly as they had suggested, should be in the right to demand so. :)

hawadharma

[/B]

well, it seems that hosts also didn't know about that, I think we should leave it as it is now and then in next spin offs make the theme description more clear

It was already clear since the beginning, without question.
I do not even have a slightest doubt whether word 'colours' are allowed or not. It is, by writing / default / common sense, not allowed.

RomanFromRussia

I think we don't need to disqualify the songs with word "Color" in the title except any color. If you disagree with me, just rate them "0".

(Whom do I say that? Some of you in any case will give high points to country or region no matter what song represent it)

Sultana

I 've sent a new entry to Milos

BlueForever

Hey Guys....I'll be the first to admit that I'm the IDIOT that didn't read the description properly and sent a song with the word "Color" in it~ xrofl3
I'm So Sorry about this......Thank God I wasn't the only one though....Otherwise it would have been totally embarrassing...and being the only person disqualified would have been even more humiliating!! LOL I completely agree that it was written very clearly....the thought did cross my mind when I was reading for a split-second...then my STUPID brain totally dismissed it for some reason (It didn't help that the Animal Spinoff did allow Animals to be in the title - My Bad!! :lol: )

I apologise whole-heartedly to all who was involved in this mix up....and especially to the Hosts who had to collect all the entries and make all the banners....all we have to do is replace our mistakes with another entry, while you guys have to re-do all the banners and fix this misunderstanding~ It is really all up to you what you guys decide.....even disqualify us if you want....I don't have a problem with that as I take full responsibility for my mistake!! >__<

Once again....I'm really sorry.....and if by any chance we are allowed to send a new entry.....my entry will be sent to Milos just in case! Hopefully we can all learn from this mistake and move forward to the future editions~ :D (PS. My suggestion would probably be to specify in the description for example this edition that only colours are allowed and NOT the WORD "Colour" for idiots like me that clearly can't understand the English Language when it is fully specified!! xrofl2 )

BlueForever

^ Or should I send it to [MENTION=7006]Hele.[/MENTION] since she made the banners?? :D

hawadharma

Hey Guys....I'll be the first to admit that I'm the IDIOT that didn't read the description properly and sent a song with the word "Color" in it~ xrofl3
I'm So Sorry about this......Thank God I wasn't the only one though....Otherwise it would have been totally embarrassing...and being the only person disqualified would have been even more humiliating!! LOL I completely agree that it was written very clearly....the thought did cross my mind when I was reading for a split-second...then my STUPID brain totally dismissed it for some reason (It didn't help that the Animal Spinoff did allow Animals to be in the title - My Bad!! :lol: )

I apologise whole-heartedly to all who was involved in this mix up....and especially to the Hosts who had to collect all the entries and make all the banners....all we have to do is replace our mistakes with another entry, while you guys have to re-do all the banners and fix this misunderstanding~ It is really all up to you what you guys decide.....even disqualify us if you want....I don't have a problem with that as I take full responsibility for my mistake!! >__<

Once again....I'm really sorry.....and if by any chance we are allowed to send a new entry.....my entry will be sent to Milos just in case! Hopefully we can all learn from this mistake and move forward to the future editions~ :D (PS. My suggestion would probably be to specify in the description for example this edition that only colours are allowed and NOT the WORD "Colour" for idiots like me that clearly can't understand the English Language when it is fully specified!! xrofl2 )

You are so cute :lol:

What's cuter, is your honesty and courage to admit your mistakes xup

Simon87

I sent yesterday my song to Hele

So please dont vote yet until we resolve this

Hele.

I'm very sorry for this, but the theme was written very clearly by me and [MENTION=4368]Milos-BC[/MENTION] ... I don't get the whole confusion about it.

Milos was accepting songs and he accepted songs with word "color" and you say that theme also was written by him.

Honestly, songs with word "color" in title speak about all colors so my opinion is that it is very closely connected with the theme of the spin off. Also, if I remember well, once we had color spin off and it was forbidden to send songs with word "color" in title. I thought it would be good to make different this time. ;) Maybe to not have 100% same spin off. xshrug

Anyway, if you strictly want I will wait for all songs to be changed and make new banners but for me it is just less fun honestly...xshrug And main reason is because all of those songs are closely connected with theme of spin off. One kind of songs speak about one color, other speak on all colors! xshrug

I will make what is final decision of cegs5 and Milos-BC who wrote theme. ;) I sent private message to them and wait for response.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

[MENTION=7006]Hele.[/MENTION] I understand what you mean and I get that you wanted to make it different this time. But it's really not up to the host to interpret the theme how they want to. The theme suggester (cegs5 in this case) should be able to have the theme be exactly as they suggested it, without changes. :)

hawadharma

If anyone would like to do a LL for the spin-off, I will gladly host one. Would Tuesday be a good day for everyone (seeing as how the WV31 final LL is going tomorrow)?

Girl, let the above issues be resolved first then we can discuss whatever date for the LL.

cegs5

Hi [MENTION=7006]Hele.[/MENTION] I got your PM, thank you for your willingness to resolve this situation which was not wanted by anybody.

I already wrote before what I think we should do. I thought the description I wrote was enough clear and precise, but obviously it wasn't for everybody.

In order to make the game more dynamic and overcome the controversy, I will abandone my original suggestion and let it be, although I still think I was right to demand the changes.

I hope all of you guys, who supported my original demand, understand that I just want to carry on with the game and I don't want to be stuck at this point.

I want to make the most of this situation and suggest to the mods to make a thread with some especific rules for Spin-off, as we have seen several times controversies about the themes, the hosts, the right to accept or deny entries and DDL. I think something must be done in order to avoid further controversies like this.

Thank you all and let's carry on with Colour Spin-off xcheer

Hele.

[MENTION=7006]Hele.[/MENTION] I understand what you mean and I get that you wanted to make it different this time. But it's really not up to the host to interpret the theme how they want to. The theme suggester (cegs5 in this case) should be able to have the theme be exactly as they suggested it, without changes. :)

Thanks for understanding Stargazer. I also understand your point that theme suggester should be able to have the theme as he/she suggested (generally speaking). But do not forget that he is the one that is suggesting and other player chose winner theme. I want to say, this time we have few controversy songs. It is not one or two but significant part actually. So they misunderstand point of theme. Maybe some of that persons voted for color spin off to win. So they misunderstood point of theme and if they could vote now, they maybe even wouldn't vote for color spin off. So, furthermore, color spin off maybe even wouldn't win and we wouldn't have it as spin off now. Everything because of their misunderstanding.
But that misunderstanding is reasonable as I already explained. Everything is closely connected with theme. ;)

Hele.

Hi [MENTION=7006]Hele.[/MENTION] I got your PM, thank you for your willingness to resolve this situation which was not wanted by anybody.

I already wrote before what I think we should do. I thought the description I wrote was enough clear and precise, but obviously it wasn't for everybody.

In order to make the game more dynamic and overcome the controversy, I will abandone my original suggestion and let it be, although I still think I was right to demand the changes.

I hope all of you guys, who supported my original demand, understand that I just want to carry on with the game and I don't want to be stuck at this point.

I want to make the most of this situation and suggest to the mods to make a thread with some especific rules for Spin-off, as we have seen several times controversies about the themes, the hosts, the right to accept or deny entries and DDL. I think something must be done in order to avoid further controversies like this.

Thank you all and let's carry on with Colour Spin-off xcheer

Thanks for understanding from your side. This small "misunderstanding" leads too far. As it is more persons (maybe some of them voted for theme to win). If they knew for this, maybe they wouldn't vote and theme even wouldn't win. I just say. Cause you are suggester but players in the end decided what theme is winnable. And this "misunderstanding" is reasonable if you ask me cause it is everything closely connected with theme of spin off.

For future situations I suggest when suggesting, detail description of theme (not only title of theme). Also, before host start to collect songs, conversation between theme suggester and him/her what is allowed and what is not allowed.

BlueForever

That is GREAT!! Problem Resolved.....Thank the Lord Above!! :lol: and let the Show Continue~~~ xparty

Can't believe I just sent my new entry for no particular reason!!! xrofl3

Simon87

I still want to send another song so please change :lol:

I dont want to be ignored by others because of the title

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

I still want to send another song so please change :lol:

I dont want to be ignored by others because of the title
I don't think people would ignore your entry. I certainly wouldn't ignore a song just because it technically shouldn't have been allowed, even if I don't agree with it being there. If it's in the contest, it's in the contest as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom