Contact us

WORLD FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

AlekS

Veteran
This was quite equal game and I wasn't surprised that it resulted in penalties.
Japan screwed it even though I wanted them to win very much.
Paraguay had 12th player today in their team and it wasn't their fans.
Not gonna comment on that cuz it seems it became a good tradition with FIFA's blessing :)
Now I'm wondering what's waiting on us in the next game.

takeru

Ahhhhhhhh, it's all over! :(
Buut it was a close game, Paraguay and Japan have a pretty similar playing style, and what's more, it's great that we could get another first-time quarter-finalist in! :D

Also, no hard feelings for Paraguay either, it was a very even and equal-footed game, defence on both sides was excellent, and in the end the penalty shootout was inevitable :p

Japan's penalty-skills were an unknown for me, but I think it all went fair enough :p There's always gonna be one miss, and it was us this time :cool: But still, I'm just happy we could come out of this as the best side in Asia, against expectations xcheer

Now I'll be cheering for Ghana, Paraguay, and then NL! :D

Interrail

Congrats to Paraguay! When it comes to penalties, anything can happen...and this time Japan was just unlucky. Overall, Japan can be proud of their team! :cool:

AlekS

Veteran
lulz, our commentators cheer for Spain so much! Just like me, I'm disappointed in Portugal in this game. Spain is playing as usual.

yaaaay! The 1st Spanish goal xwoo :mrgreen:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
(CNN) -- FIFA president Sepp Blatter has done a U-turn over the use of goal-line technology and apologized to the English and Mexican football associations for controversial refereeing decisions in their last 16 defeats.

FIFA confirmed to CNN Tuesday that the next meeting of its International FA Board from July 21-22 in Wales would discuss technology but the use of video replays is ruled out.

Frank Lampard's goal that never was as England trailed 2-1 just before halftime in their last 16 match against Germany, prompted widespread calls for the introduction of goal-line technology after his shot clearly crossed the line.

In a later match on Sunday, Argentina's Carlos Tevez scored a hotly-disputed opening goal against Mexico in their 3-1 victory and television replays, which were broadcast on big screens at the ground, showed him to be offside.

Blatter told a media briefing in Johannesburg: "It happened in 1966 and then 44 years later -- though it was not quite the same," the UK's Press Association reported.

This was a reference to England's disputed third goal against West Germany in the 1966 World Cup final where arguments have raged for years over whether Geoff Hurst's shot crossed the line.

"I apologized to England and Mexico.

"The English said 'thank you and accepted that you can win some and you lose some, and the Mexicans bowed their head and accepted it."

But the Swiss is still set against the wider use of video technology where play might be stopped to allow a replay to be examined.

"The only principle we are going to bring back for discussion is goal-line technology," he said

"Football is a game that never stops and the moment there was a discussion if the ball was in or out, or there was a goal-scoring opportunity, do we give a possibility to a team to call for replays once or twice like in tennis?

"For situations like the Mexico game you don't need technology."

Blatter added that the world governing body would launch a new drive to improve refereeing standards at the highest level later this year.

"We will come out with a new model in November on how to improve high level referees," he said.

"We will start with a new concept of how to improve match control. I cannot disclose more of what we are doing but something has to be changed."

Bojan

Portugal played like 2 diferent half times...in the 1st one they were so much better!
Spain kicked their asses in the 2nd one and deserved to win!

ithanspain

QUE VIVA ESPAÑA!!!!!

I guess, I will see even more spanish flags on balconies in Girona... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es -es

PODEMOS!!!

PD: I'm sorry for our dear portuguese brohersm that have a very good team.

AlekS

Veteran
Bojan said:
Portugal played like 2 diferent half times...in the 1st one they were so much better!
Spain kicked their asses in the 2nd one and deserved to win!
xyeah
I'm so gonna cheer for Spain in their game against Paraguay.

ParadiseES

woooooooooooo :mrgreen:
I didn't like the match at all, but the result was totally fair. One team played a bit (Spain) and another one played nothing at all (Portugal). Very boring match. We were only good in the 2nd half and not the whole and Portugal didn't give any danger sensation. I wasn't even afraid in the whole 90 minutes...
And now Paraguay (we must defeat them) yaaay!!! :mrgreen:

PS- Ithan, are there really Spanish flags in Girona??? :eek: :lol:

Interrail

Paradise why r u here??:) :p Go out celebrate :D Don't came back sober... and waive your flag... :D
So wave your flag
Now wave your flag
Now wave your flag...ohhh ohhh ohhh ohhh
-es -es -es

ithanspain

ParadiseES said:
PS- Ithan, are there really Spanish flags in Girona??? :eek: :lol:

Why you doubt what I said?? You shouldn't believe Carod Rovira or the ones that say "España se rompe" :lol: :lol: :lol: . There are people that support independence but it's only an small minority. In all the Spanish matches (not with Switzerland) have been firecracks and people shouting... :lol: Spanish matches have a share of more than 50%. (people that support independence say that is cause catalans want to see Spain fall. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Today only a few streets far of my home I've seen two spanish flags, and last week one of Honduras and Brazil :lol: .

Also I've seen another in the highest tower in Girona near the old town... I guess that If Spain countinues and wins, I will see a lot of them like in 2008. :mrgreen:

PS: I have like two or three of them, some of them are the one that wave in official buildings. :mrgreen:

ParadiseES

Well, it's not about I believe Carod Rovira at all :lol:
But I thought most catalans (nationalistic or not) are not very pro showing Spanish flags, because they don't like them or because it's not well seen by some others...dunno...
There are not many Spanish flags in Zaragoza either, so I thought there wouldn't be in Girona ;)

And no I never saw and still don't see Spain breaking, as some nationalistics from both sides say :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I'm here because it's tuesday hello??? :lol:
It's just a 1/8 match. I'll celebrate well the next ones :cool:
+ actually I partied the previous one because I wanted, not just because of the victory against CHile :cool: :lol:

ithanspain

ParadiseES said:
Well, it's not about I believe Carod Rovira at all :lol:
But I thought most catalans (nationalistic or not) are not very pro showing Spanish flags, because they don't like them or because it's not well seen by some others...dunno...
There are not many Spanish flags in Zaragoza either, so I thought there wouldn't be in Girona ;)

Yes, isn't very common to see Spanish flags (for politcal reasons), we hadn't have since 2008 any others :lol: . But since 2008 it's starting to change a little, don't you think?

I don't say all balconies will have a flag...but during world cup I've seen more flags than during Eurocup (before the win).
I think we should start to see as something normal, I can't understand why put region's flags or independentist flags are common and not the one of our country. We should learn of USA, that put their flag everywhere they can, in every film they record. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom