Portugal - Hungary
Denmark - Sweden

1- Denmark 18
2- Sweden 15
3- Portugal 13
4- Hungary 13
5- Albania 7
6- Malta 1

I think Denmark is already in South Africa. Hungary have a very difficult matches against Portugal and Denmark, so the key match will be Denmark - Sweden. Portugal needs Sweden losing to have a chance.

Group 2
Greece - Latvia
Israel - Moldova
Luxembourg - Switzerland

1- Switzerland 17
2- Greece 14
3- Latvia 14
4- Israel 12
5- Luxembourg 5
6- Moldova 3

Switzerland is also in South Africa IMO, and it seems the match between Greece and Latvia will be the key. It seems like Latvia needs a victory and Greece just a tie to have a chance to qualify for the second chance round.

Group 3
Czech Republic - Poland
Slovakia - Slovenia

1- Slovakia 19
2- Slovenia 14
3- North Ireland 14
4- Czech Republic 12
5- Poland 11
6- San Marino 0

Slovakia needs only one point more to qualify and, looking at the matches left, I think the second one will be Slovenia or the Czech Republic and everything will be decided in the first matches, cause I think both will defeat San Marino and North Ireland in the last match.

Group 4
Finland - Wales
Russia - Germany
Liechstenstein - Azerbaijan

1- Germany 22
2- Russia 21
3- Finland 14
4- Wales 9
5- Liechstenstein 2
6- Azerbaijan 1

Only the Russia - Germany is interesting. That match will decide everything, but I think both will go to the Championship. Otherwise would be a disgrace, cause Germany and Russia are two of the best teams in Europe.

Group 5
Belgium - Turkey
Estonia - Bosnia & Herzegovina
Armenia - Spain

1- Spain 24
2- Bosnia & Herzegovina 16
3- Turkey 12
4- Belgium 7
5- Estonia 5
6- Armenia 4

With Spain already qualified, the fight is between Bosnia and Turkey. Both have uncomfortable matches in Estonia and Belgium, and Bosnia against Spain the last day. Anyway, it feels very hard for the Turks.

Group 6
Belarus - Kazakhstan
Ukraine - England

1- England 24
2- Croatia 17
3- Ukraine 15
4- Belarus 10
5- Kazakhstan 6
6- Andorra 0

Everything will be decided in Ukraine and I'm sure Croatian people will be more English than ever. Everything will depend on how motivated will be England being already qualified. A very possible victory of Ukraine and Croatia the last day in Andorra and Kazakhstan leaves Ukraine with the must of defeating England if they want to stand any chance.

Group 7
Austria - Lithuania
Serbia - Romania
France - Faeroe Islands

1- Serbia 19
2- France 15
3- Austria 11
4- Lithuania 9
5- Romania 9
6- Faeroe Islands 4

Though nothing is sure, I don't think anything could still change, so I bet Serbia will win the group and France will have to win in a second chance. Romania has been one of the bad surprises if you ask me. They have a very good team and I was quite sure they were going to qualify :eek:

Group 8
Montenegro - Georgia
Cyprus - Bulgaria
Ireland - Italy

1- Italy 20
2- Ireland 16
3- Bulgaria 11
4- Cyprus 6
5- Montenegro 5
6- Georgia 4

This group is pretty much the same than the previous group. Even if Ireland defeated Italy, I don't think they stand a chance to win the group, so Italy will directly go to South Africa and Ireland would play the second chance.

ParadiseES

AFRICA

Group A
Cameroon - Togo
Gabon - Morocco

1- Cameroon 7
2- Gabon 6
3- Togo 5
4- Morocco 3

I don't see any team here able to beat Cameroon and I don't think either they'll fail again.

Group B
Nigeria - Mozambique
Tunisia - Kenya

1- Tunisia 8
2- Nigeria 6
3- Mozambique 4
4- Kenya 3

It seems that Nigeria will flop again, cause it will be very hard to see Tunisia beated by Kenya or Mozambique in the last matches.

Group C
Algeria - Rwanda
Zambia - Egypt

1- Algeria 10
2- Egypt 7
3- Zambia 4
4- Rwanda 1

The winner will depend on the result of the final match between Egypt and Algeria. I think Egypt has a much better team, but they have it very hard due to the goal-average. So Algeria would easily be one of the surprises in South Africa with North Korea or Slovakia.

Group D
* Ghana already qualified

Group E
* Côte d'Ivoire already qualified

ASIA

* Australia, Japan, South Korea and North Korea already qualified
* Bahrein and Saudi Arabia will play a second chance and the winner will play against New Zealand to achieve the last place in this zone.

NORTH & CENTRAL AMERICA AND CARIBE

Honduras - USA
Mexico - El Salvador
Costa Rica - Trinidad & Tobago

1- USA 16
2- Mexico 15
3- Honduras 13
4- Costa Rica 12
5- El Salvador 8
6- Trinidad & Tobago 5

By far the hardest group to predict. Although the United States are leading, they have the hardest matches (in Honduras and against Costa Rica), while Mexico will play against the two teams without options (so I bet they'll qualify for sure, and because they're the best team in the region without any doubt). Honduras also has a nice planning, cause they'll play with USA in their home and the last match is with El Salvador, without any chance. So I think the loser of the USA - Costa Rica will be the one without qualifying, so I'd bet for Mexico, Honduras and USA. Anyway, the fourth will play against the 5th South-American, but I think Southerns are much better.

SOUTH AMERICA

Argentina - Peru
Bolivia - Brazil
Colombia - Chile
Ecuador - Uruguay
Venezuela - Paraguay

1- Brazil 33 * QUALIFIED
2- Paraguay 30 * QUALIFIED
3- Chile 27
4- Ecuador 23

5- Argentina 22

6- Uruguay 21
7- Venezuela 21
8- Colombia 20
9- Bolivia 12
10- Peru 10

Here I simply can't predict...Brazil and Paraguay are already in (as always) and Chile is almost sure that will return to the Championship 12 years later. For the last place and the second round, anyone could do it (Ecuador, Argentina, Uruguay, Venezuela and Colombia). I still think it would quite impossible to see Argentina out of a Championship (they have a wonderful team and that's the country where the football is felt with more emotion) and also Ecuador or even Colombia, which has quite easy matches in this final sprint.

My Star

ParadiseES said:
Group 8
Montenegro - Georgia
Cyprus - Bulgaria
Ireland - Italy

1- Italy 20
2- Ireland 16
3- Bulgaria 11
4- Cyprus 6
5- Montenegro 5
6- Georgia 4

This group is pretty much the same than the previous group. Even if Ireland defeated Italy, I don't think they stand a chance to win the group, so Italy will directly go to South Africa and Ireland would play the second chance.

We can do it!

94ayd

My Star said:
ParadiseES said:
Group 8
Montenegro - Georgia
Cyprus - Bulgaria
Ireland - Italy

1- Italy 20
2- Ireland 16
3- Bulgaria 11
4- Cyprus 6
5- Montenegro 5
6- Georgia 4

We can do it!

And we don't. :lol: I'm hoping for Slovakia and Slovenia to finish in the top 2 spots in their group. :D

No Name

ParadiseES said:
EUROPE

Group 1
Portugal - Hungary
Denmark - Sweden

1- Denmark 18
2- Sweden 15
3- Portugal 13
4- Hungary 13
5- Albania 7
6- Malta 1

I think Denmark is already in South Africa. Hungary have a very difficult matches against Portugal and Denmark, so the key match will be Denmark - Sweden. Portugal needs Sweden losing to have a chance.

The excitement of the upcoming match against Sweden ad their hypocritical coach will kill me slowly. I'm able to endure a loss against anyone but Sweden. If we win we are certainly going to South Africa, and in case we are defeated I highly doubt whether we'll even be able to achieve the 2nd-place in our group. If we blow the chance of qualification, at this late point, I will literally kill somebody. :evil:

Fortunately we're on home ground, and everything is set for a great scenery in Parken with 40.000 people to support. Hopefully the football-Gods above will have mercy upon us this time considering the result.. :lol:

Milos-BC

Before the beginning of these qualifications, I never thought that our team will be doing this well, but I'm obviously happy now :D

We need 1 more victory to qualify, and I hope it will come this Saturday against Romania

aletem

So the games are on Saturday, I'll try to predict the outcomes again: :mrgreen:

Gr-1
Portugal - Hungary 1, I think it will end 3-0. Portugal catches the last train, it seems
Denmark - Sweden X, Will probably end 2-2 and Denmark will qualify, while Sweden will grab second spot
Gr-2
Greece - Latvia 1, I am pretty sure that Greece will win this game. Latvia doesn't really stand a chance. Even though this group is likely the easiest one, Switzerland and Greece will do 1 and 2 in the group. 2:0 final score
Israel - Moldova 1, Rush hour for Israel. They have a very slim chance of qualifying. 4:0
Luxembourg - Switzerland 2, Yes they can.... beat Luxembourg. :lol: I really don't know how they lost home from them with 1-2. :shock: Anyway, I predict 0:2.
Gr-3
Slovenia - Slovakia X, One of those scores with many goals I guess. Slovenia and Slovakia surprised both Poland and Czech Republic so we will see one of them in the bottom half for sure. I'll say 2:2
Czech Republic - Poland 1, Poland technically doesn't have any chances in the group. I would like this game to end up tied :mrgreen: , but it won't. 2:1 final score
Gr-4
Finland - Wales 1, This might be a clear score. I expect Finland to win and good luck to them in the next qualifiers, hopefully with easier opponents. :) 2:0
Liechtenstein - Azerbaijan 1, This is the game of the bottom and I think at home ground Liechtenstein is a better team. Besides Liechtenstein has already beaten Azerbaijan with 2:1 in the Qualifiers of 2000. I say 1:0 final score
Russia - Germany X, I want to see both teams in South Africa. They both play amazing and they both deserve a chance. :D Russia is doing really well and so is Germany. I say it will end up 1:1 here
Gr-5
Belgium - Turkey 2, They will think of the Estonia - Bosnia game a lot more. I think Turkey will win this with 0:3 and try to catch up with Bosnia
Estonia - Bosnia 2, They should start celebrating their second place. However, they should be very careful (7-0 in Sarajevo doesn't give them the win on this game). 1:2 final score, Ciro is the man!!! :D :lol:
Armenia - Spain X, Spain is already in. I might sound very foolish here and say it will be a tie, unless they want to keep the perfect start. A 1:1 is what I think. Though if I don't give a crazy guess, then I would say 0:4. :mrgreen:
Gr-6
Belarus - Kazakhstan X, Their game in Astana ended 1:5 for Belarus. I would say here it could end up a boring tie of 0:0 maybe. Who knows. :|
Ukraine - England X, England should play fair and shouldn't play easy on Ukraine to eliminate Croatia. Ukraine desperately needs to win, but for me its safe to say 1:1 here
Gr-7
Austria - Lithuania 1, I believe that Austria could win here (and they would pray on Faroe Islands as well :mrgreen: ). 2:0
Serbia - Romania 1, Romania doesn't have chances to be second. I thought they could top the group, but now it looks like they might end 4th. Serbia should win this game with 2:1
France - Faroe Islands 1, No matter how much I like Faroe Islands to win with 0:3 or 0:1, they can't. (Well if Senegal did it, why can't they? :mrgreen: ). I can say Go Faroese, my favourite little soccer team. :D I say 3:0 for France
Gr-8
Montenegro - Georgia 1, Its enough with all these tied games. This is last chance for Montenegro to win a game. I think they can do it. Do you think the sameeeeeee??? :mrgreen: 2:1
Cyprus - Bulgaria 2, Bulgaria has a very slim chance and they might use it. Initially, I would predict a tied score. However due to the situation, I say 1:2.
Ireland - Italy 1, And Ireland should win it! Their coach knows the Italian team very well and I expect that the points will stay in Dublin. 2:0

From the friendly games, I only know that Macedonia is playing with Qatar. I expect a 2:0 victory for our team and they better not disappoint me this time. After all we are the kings of friendly games. :mrgreen: :lol:

AlekS

Veteran
Ukraine has 2 games left, Croatia has only 1 game left.

If we have a tie with England then we should hope that Croatia plays a tie with Kazakhs.
If we lose to England and Croatia scores a tie in Kazakhstan we can still play with Andorra and qualify because of bigger amount of goals (or not qualify).
The worst scenario for us is to lose to England and Croatia wins in Kazakhstan which seems more realistic to me :lol:
Imo we lost our chance in Belarus'. It was the most disappointing game for me.
As for current situation. I dunno. Everything can happen but I always expect the worst thing.
Imo, we will lose, 1-3.

I'm gonna have a heart attack tomorrow because anything can happen, muahaha :lol: :eek:

lucian-crusher

Gr-1
Portugal - Hungary 1
Denmark - Sweden X

Gr-2
Greece - Latvia 1
Israel - Moldova 1
Luxembourg - Switzerland 2

Gr-3
Slovenia - Slovakia X
Czech Republic - Poland 1

Gr-4
Finland - Wales 1
Liechtenstein - Azerbaijan 1
Russia - Germany X

Gr-5
Belgium - Turkey 2
Estonia - Bosnia & Herzegovina 2
Armenia - Spain 2

Gr-6
Belarus - Kazakhstan X1
Ukraine - England 2

Gr-7
Austria - Lithuania 1
Serbia - Romania X
France - Faroe Islands 1

Gr-8
Montenegro - Georgia 2
Cyprus - Bulgaria X
Ireland - Italy X

Milos-BC

I've prepared enough drinks to celebrate after tonight's match :D

Good luck to Romania, but I really hope you will lose tonight in Belgrade :twisted:

We have a very little chance to qualify.We need a miracle.We lived a lot of miracles before and i've got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night :D

aletem

Asiye said:
We have a very little chance to qualify.We need a miracle.We lived a lot of miracles before and i've got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night :D
You know that you have to hope that Estonia will at least grab a tie against Bosnia. ;) :lol:

AlekS

Veteran
F YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

We won! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ukraine - England ~ 1:0
have we just done this? zomfg :shock: :D

btw, I didn't expect our fans to be so a**holish =/, the game was stopped after the 1st minute because fans started throwing fireworks on the English side o___0, hmmm, the 1st minute, lol :lol: our police rocks, thanx to them everything was solved in a few mins :cool:
It could be 2:0 if Shevchenko could score on the penalty.

I can't believe still.
I'm shocked.
This is the 1st time when I'm happy that my prediction was so far from reality.
If we win Andorra we will take the 2nd place in the group and England will stay @ the 1st obviously =)

I'm still shocked.

holy sh-t :D

other games that i followed.

Russia - Germany ~ 0:1
Belarus - Kazakhstan ~ 4:0

aletem

I kinda expected that England would loose in Ukraine and I dunno why did I say that it would be a tie. :lol: For me it really looked like a game that I would expect and that is that England didn't want to win this game. A guess it is their pay-back to Croatia for the elimination last qualifiers. Now Croatia won't be even second.

Update from other scores:
Russia - Germany 0:1, I wish Russia all the best in the play-offs :mrgreen:
Finland - Wales 2:1
Luxembourg - Switzerland 0:3, a furious first half for le Swiss. :mrgreen: Switzerland is officially now in South Africa!! Congrats to them.
Armenia - Spain 1:2, I was close here. Until 58th minute it was 1:1. :D :lol:
Estonia - Bosnia and Herzegovina 0:2, And good luck to Bosnia in the play-offs as well. This means that Turkey is unfortunately out of the game.
Belarus - Kazakhstan 4:0, Is Kazakhstan that weak!??? :shock:

aletem said:
Asiye said:
You know that you have to hope that Estonia will at least grab a tie against Bosnia. ;) :lol:

Yes,i have known and hoped that but now everything is over :( The World Cup without Turkey will be very boring for me.
I congratulate Bosnia.I will support them in the tournament.I hope they will be a dark horse like us in 2002 World Cup.

AlekS

Veteran
I don't think that it was a payback (maybe karma, dunno) because Capello dislikes Shevchenko to the point of hatred o______0 they have "epic" relationships :shock: :lol:
England is one of the best teams in the world, they have status.
They are not gonna lose to anyone and it's perfectly clear. They have traditions, they have ambitions, they wanna be the best blah blah blah...

+ you can't deny the fact that the best English players played in Dnipropetrovs'k today ;)
I don't think that England was weak today.
I don't think that Ukraine was weak.
It was a gr8 game. I thought I would die because of tension, lol.

No Name

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We won group 1!! :D :D :D

We defeated Sweden with 1-0, and now we've officially qualified for South Africa!!! I can't fucking believe it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AlekS

Veteran
well, Ukraine can get a tie in Andorra and Croatia can win Kazakhstan.
Maybe it doesn't seem realistic but it's possible.
Anyway, I think I'm more happy because of our victory on the new stadium rather because of almost qualifying to play off.

Top Bottom