Contact us

Unpopular (ESC) opinions

heke1988

:gr:2013 is perhaps my favorite Greek entry together with :gr:2001.

EDC0708

Iceland 2019 is the worst entry that I've seen in Eurovision (2010-2020)

I agree with this, the staging and costumes just seemed inappropriately themed for when children would be watching, I was surprised it went through the semi final at the time.

heke1988

I agree with this, the staging and costumes just seemed inappropriately themed for when children would be watching, I was surprised it went through the semi final at the time.

Look at the bright side: At least they weren't naked.

Himan

If my 8 year old would watch Iceland, I would just say they love to be hated. It's not like they were naked or did hurt each other on stage or something similar?

tomos2019

Some of her video inserts could be just really obnoxious, like making fun of entries which the hosts probably supported on their initial retrospective links into those songs and the programme would have acted like there was nothing wrong with them back then, thus giving the effect of seeming to insult people for liking them, so I can partly see where you're coming from.

Yazy

:be: 2015 just never did anything for me.

Same with :tr: 2010.

Can´t remember that many successful entries that left me cold at their premiere all the way to the present day, but these two are definitely one of those.

Brandt

2012 is one of the rare occasions, of not only, that I stan jury results and televote results give me cringe.

Some highlights;

Italy - jury 4th, televote 17th
Russia - jury 11th, televote 2nd
Albania - jury 3rd, televote 8th
Romania - jury 20th, televote 7th

Maybe the only part I like about televote better than jury vote is,
Macedonia - jury 17th (???), televote 11th (still could be better)

LordofMangoes

2012 is one of the rare occasions, of not only, that I stan jury results and televote results give me cringe.

Some highlights;

Italy - jury 4th, televote 17th
Russia - jury 11th, televote 2nd
Albania - jury 3rd, televote 8th
Romania - jury 20th, televote 7th

Maybe the only part I like about televote better than jury vote is,
Macedonia - jury 17th (???), televote 11th (still could be better)
I think that even public's picks were fairly good. Overall this ESC had quite good quality across the board with quite good mix of radio friendly pop songs (for example Cyprus, Ukraine and Romania) and jury bait (for example Italy, Estonia and Albania).

Although my favorite of that year is Bulgaria. It is just insane song that is just so Eastern European :)

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
ESC 2011 and 2012 were two very bad contests, among the worst ones ever. Only a handful of good songs in both editions.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
How do you judge a good or bad contest? For me I think sometimes it can be more just on overall experience than amount of songs I like.
I weigh songs more, but of course, the experience can save a not-so-interesting batch of songs. e.g. I consider 2016 a fantastic show to watch, but I don't really listen to anything other than my top 5 (extending to my top 10 at best). Meanwhile, 2018 is not as great show-wise, but there are around 30 songs I still care about.

Top Bottom