Contact us

Unpopular (ESC) opinions

tomos2019

(I've got a new one!)

I wasn't actually that big on this year's contest! Despite some returning artists sending better songs than last year, I was probably more enthusiastic about the 2020 songs I had high. The most recent one I like just seems to still be 2018!

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Replay > Fuego

oops-beyonce.gif

Iker

Veteran
Can say the same about you :lol: :lol:
Do you remember even what I like?

I had a soft spot for IRIAO from Georgia though just like you, but it was far from being a masterpiece you considered it to be.

Whenever some song strikes me as cheesy I think you'll like it and so far I have never been wrong on that! I like you as a poster, you're always very kind and respectful, and can be funny. So I can put your disastrous (imho) taste in music aside.

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Do you remember even what I like?

Hum... you got me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whenever some sobg strikes me as cheesy I think you'll like it and so far I have never been wrong on that! I like you as a poster, you're always very kind and respectful, and can be funny. So I can put your disastrous (imho) taste in music aside.

Yes I love cheesy songs, for music am a granny in the body of a teenager :lol:

I like you too xrunhugxrunhug xheart

Last edited:

Brandt

I despise Melodifestivalen's approach to the contest, and I usually end up finding silvery songs with no soul or context behind. But there are two songs that Melodifestivalen has given us this decade, and if they ended up in Eurovision, they could be my all-time favorites. First of which is "Save Me" by Wiktoria, and the other one being "Behöver inte dig idag" by Clara. I am pretty sure the producers would have pushed Clara's song harder if it was not a simple but enthusiastic performance. :(

12Pointsgoto.....

Agreed. And here is another unpopular opinion :

:cy: 2013 was the best song from that year.
It wasn't my favourite (Ukraine) but I liked it more than other people.

Another opinion I have where I get a lot of hate from other eurofans is that I think that sweden performed very poorly the last decade. There were only 2 song(in my opinion) that were good, 2012 and 2014. 2010 and 2017 were ok but a bit too polished. 2013 was lackluster and 2019 felt very flat. 2018 deserved the 21 points from the public. 2011 was very gimmicky and the song was definitely not a masterpiece. The only good thing about 2011 was the performer Eric Saade. The worst swedish entry was 2016, overrated by both jury and televote, especially televote. He was hardly singing at all and the song was bad, the staging was bland and the performer was uncharismatic. One of the biggest train wreck performances in ESC history in my opinion. The fact that it came top 5 was beyond me and I was furious when the votes came in. I also don't understand how he won melfest. THere were so many better songs and performances with much more potential. I hope that sweden can bring back their old ambition in this decade. Sry for the rant.

Top Bottom