Contact us

UNITED KINGDOM 2010 - Josh Dubovie - That Sounds Good to Me

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

Andalublue

Re: UNITED KINGDOM - United Kingdom 2010

That would be bizarre! Morrissey offered to represent Britain and the BBC turned him down because they wanted a phone-in competition show? If you know this for a fact, and can prove it, you should contact the press. It's a terrific story that would make national and international news. If true I really hope the UK comes last again.

TF100

Andalublue said:
That would be bizarre! Morrissey offered to represent Britain and the BBC turned him down because they wanted a phone-in competition show? If you know this for a fact, and can prove it, you should contact the press. It's a terrific story that would make national and international news. If true I really hope the UK comes last again.

It was known in 2007... :lol:

MrJadeEwen

according to luke ;D the mirror published a story saying natasha bedingfield is the artist :?

Andalublue

TF100 said:
Andalublue said:

It was known in 2007... :lol:

Oh, okay, it wasn't this year? I hadn't heard that story although I did know that Morrissey was a big ESC fan, or so he told his hairdresser back in the late-80s, who was also my hairdresser! I was just a double-booking away from meeting the Great Man himself.
Ha!

A-lister

Veteran

muffin said:
according to luke ;D the mirror published a story saying natasha bedingfield is the artist :?

I doubt this could be true... maybe as a songwriter then?

but if it would be true...

then *omg* UK would have gone from sending b-acts for a long time to one of their biggest music exports of the last years !!

Natasha is great!

Andalublue

A-lister said:
muffin said:

I doubt this could be true... maybe as a songwriter then?

but if it would be true...

then *omg* UK would have gone from sending b-acts for a long time to one of their biggest music exports of the last years !!

Natasha is great!

Dear Lord! Put "Natasha Bedingfield" into an online language site and it translates as "B-list" in 17 european tongues!

Bojan

having top 5 hits all over the world does not translate into B-list IMO.

NB FTW! though I can't see it happening :/

Milos-BC

It would be nice if all this was true, but sadly, i also think it's not.

AlekS

Veteran

^ lol, look at his British Top 40 hits list (as of 2008):
http://www.pwl-empire.com/discog.html
imo, it can be something cheesy like Steps or Daz Sampson, or something cool (imo) like Kylie's "Better the Devil You Know".

Former Pop Idol judge Waterman said: "Eurovision is one of those iconic competitions that has stood the test of time and keeps coming up with great acts, great tunes and great performances. Life's full of challenges and I'm relishing the opportunity to put my own stamp on this one."

Phil Parsons, executive producer of Eurovision for the BBC, said: "This year, with an extremely successful pop writer, the aim is to build on the UK's success while moving on in style and doing something different. Pete Waterman has an incredible track record of hits that are known all around Europe so we're thrilled that he has taken on Eurovision."
source: UKPA

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Yeah, definitely never heard of him. I guess he's mostly known throughout the UK (and possibly europe?????)

AlekS

Veteran

well, he's been writing for/producing songs of Kylie Minogue, Michael Jackson, Samantha Fox, Cliff Richard, Pet Shop Boys, Rick Astley, Erasure, Donna Summer, Gloria Estefan... quite well-known names, lol.

DoctorX

I'm open for anything else except he makes another boring balad.. How 'bout trying a cool British rock song or some house, disco style... :roll:

Hero

when i seen his name my stomach dropped.
I can see that the song will be another scooch style

back to the bottom half of the table for the UK?

DoctorX

^Trust me it's better to be on the bottom half of the table instead of having a song like ''My time'' :D

Hero

what did pete warterman have to do with daz sampson?

DeepInsidePaulOscar

I don't know how I feel about the announcement.
I mean,I love so many Stock Aitken & Waterman classic songs but i'm unsure if Waterman still has the magic touch.

I remember being hopeful when Stock & Waterman got back together to write and produce a new song in 2007,and the results were a disappointment - The Sheilas '(I'm So) Happy Happy You're Mine' [#91 in Uk chart].Are we gonna end up with something along those lines as the Uk entry ?

Top Bottom