Contact us

Turkey TURKEY 2018 - Not taking part

DanielLuis

Re: TURKEY 2018

So you're really back? Amazing! Hope TRT will continue on trying hard like they did before!

Realest

I bet Turkey wont participate.

Brandt

So you're really back? Amazing! Hope TRT will continue on trying hard like they did before!

TRT still doesn't have any official statement yet.

A-lister

Veteran

I still don't believe a comeback will come, we had such rumors every year since the withdrawal.

However if it would happen, I would be very cautious if I were EBU, because it would be used as a scheme in Erdögan's cynical game somehow...

Brandt

I still don't believe a comeback will come, we had such rumors every year since the withdrawal.

However if it would happen, I would be very cautious if I were EBU, because it would be used as a scheme in Erdögan's cynical game somehow...

For some reason, EBU wants all the possible countries to participate. They don't hesitate to stretch the rules for any country at all. Israel probably will agree on a participation despite of not broadcasting any news on their new channel, and Turkey will probably be welcome by EBU despite of not broadcasting the contest for the past 5 years. In the other hand, either Eurovision trolls fans big time for attention and free clicks on videos/facebook page, or just Turkey is really coming back and they are trying us on it.

DanielLuis

For some reason, EBU wants all the possible countries to participate. They don't hesitate to stretch the rules for any country at all. Israel probably will agree on a participation despite of not broadcasting any news on their new channel, and Turkey will probably be welcome by EBU despite of not broadcasting the contest for the past 5 years. In the other hand, either Eurovision trolls fans big time for attention and free clicks on videos/facebook page, or just Turkey is really coming back and they are trying us on it.

Israel already broadcasts news like the EBU asked. The countries no longer have to broadcast the previous year's contest in order to return.

DenizESC

Banned

Anyone who wants a good laugh should watch Yildiz Tilbe's reaction to a possible comeback on her social media xD. God, that woman is so stupid (in the best way possible ofc) xroflxrofl

A-lister

Veteran

Israel already broadcasts news like the EBU asked. The countries no longer have to broadcast the previous year's contest in order to return.

This!

And Australia takes part although not being within the EBU broadcasting area, which as far as I'm concerned is still a rule ... xshrug

Chorizo

The worst that could happen is Turkey pulling a Russia and participating with a song about democracy, minority rights and tolerance. :?

DanielLuis

Oh well. I guess while Erdogan is in power there is no chance for a Turkish return.
And the reasons they ofically give is still the same ridiculos shtick about the juries. "Televoting, the era when Turkey had better results,is still reduced to 50%. Boohoo"
Not that that's the real reason anyway. I mean, when you think about it, Turkey's results in the 50/50 years were 4th, 2nd and 7th, besides the 2011 non-qualification, which just increments even more how ridiculous this reason is. The average is probably better than the 100% televoting years. I wonder how nobody ever tweeted TRT this or something.

DenizESC

Banned

I'm sure people already tweeted that to TRT multiple times. I'm also sure TRT blocked those people. Also let me remind you all that there is STILL no oficial statement from TRT. So no thread can't be closed yet.

This statement is from Erdogan's political party side-kick. I wonder why they asked this to him and not to TRT management. Guess they don't have a choice. Maybe TRT wants a comeback but are not allowed to...

Top Bottom