Contact us

Turkey TURKEY 2018 - Not taking part

Archer

Re: TURKEY 2018

So rumors say it's gonna be Fatma Turgut (lead singer of former rock band Model). She even started following two Turkish Eurovision fan accounts and Eurovision's official account on Twitter.

It's kinda very funny to see you after all this time. Remember when you got removed from the leadership of FSC Turkey by some sort of a coup d'etat led by me :lol:

Anyways, no hard feelings, forgive me. :D

Ewigkeit

Veteran

It's kinda very funny to see you after all this time. Remember when you got removed from the leadership of FSC Turkey by some sort of a coup d'etat led by me :lol:

Anyways, no hard feelings, forgive me. :D
Erm excuse me, have you mistaken me for someone else? I don't think I have ever been the head of FSC Turkey jury. :? And no coup related jokes please. :(:rolleyes:

Archer

Erm excuse me, have you mistaken me for someone else? I don't think I have ever been the head of FSC Turkey jury. :? And no coup related jokes please. :(:rolleyes:

Oh, ok then, might be wrong, sorry.

Archer

Well; I would prefer a female lead but I'll take it anyway as I'm in a state like "A horse, horse, my kingdom for a horse" :lol: so anything will do as long as we will return.

MaNga could use some female dancers like in 2010.

Ewigkeit

Veteran

Maybe maNga feat. Fatma Turgut? (Still wishing for some slut pop or catchy ethno-folk pop tho. :()

hijirio

Veteran

What could this mean? OMG!! Turkey back at Eurovision?!?!
Or they will join for another country? Can't wait to see what's behind.
However, I don't think it's the most original idea, coming back after 5 years. -_-
So shallow, choosing the artist who brought 2nd place.
They forget it's a song contest.
Elitsa&Stoyan were chosen only because they brought Bulgaria the only good place, and no need to remind what happened.

DenizESC

Banned

Well Fatma acted like she would take part in Eurovision, so does Manga now. Maybe we will get an epic comeback NF? xheat That would be amazing, I'm personally not very fond of Manga coming back either, I'd rather have someone new but I can only imagine how amazing an NF with Manga, Fatma etc. can be.

Edit: btw I love the first response to Manga's tweet. 'WE WANT ALEYNA TILKI' :lol: I didn't expect that tweet to be favorited and retweeted so much but I must say, I kind of agree. Aleyna Tilki>Manga for ESC '18 at least.

_bittersweet_

A bunch of media outlets are saying that we're back but nothing from TRT yet, so ı'm not getting my hopes up. Looks like TRT is discussing a possible participation with previous artists. They did a similar thing in 2013, only a few weeks before we withdrew.

DenizESC

Banned

MaNga tweeted today that they were talking about Turkey as a country returning on Eurovision not them per se as a group. So MaNga is most likely NOT going to Eurovision even if Turkey would participate.

Grinch

OMG is it true? Are we really back? xcheer

Please please please!

DenizESC

Banned

(Short summary)
After 5 years absence Turkey is joining the ESC again. Turkey, joined the contest for the first time ever with Semiha Yanki in the 70s and last appearance was with Can Bonomo in 2012. TRT who withdrew because of various reasons seems to have changed their opinion after 5 years as they have decided to participate again in 2018.

xyaay

SaladBreak

Welcome back!

Would megastars like Gulsen and Edis even consider ESC?

DenizESC

Banned

Would megastars like Gulsen and Edis even consider ESC?

Yea I dont think Gülşen would want to go to ESC even though I love her. However I can definitely see Edis in ESC.

Btw these Turkish celebs are crazy and I dont know what they re trying to do atm xD. Sertab just spills out that Turkey will participate from now on last month in a live stream. Manga is being positive but doesn't really say anything else. Fatma Turgut acts like TRT already picked her :confused: and Aynur Aydin is trying to get AynurEurovisiona (Aynur to ESC) trending on twitter lol Which Aleyna Tilki is retweeting and saying that needs to happen. While Atiye just said in an interview she would definitely go to Eurovision if they asked her. And there also rumours that Edis would participate.

WTH gimme a break Turkish celebs :lol: someone really needs to clarify whats hapenning...

Top Bottom