• Total voters

Fluke

Re: THE NETHERLANDS 2019

* * * Sanne Wallis * * *

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

i want something more different this time, and not country :p i support a risky entry

A-lister

Veteran

* * * Sanne Wallis * * *

Stupid as fuck...

Anyways... I hope won't have to get ANOTHER wannabe American Idol entry from The Netherlands... we had three in a row now and it's starting become boring... xshrug

Maybe learn something from neighbor Belgium? They also cater to the juries, but at least is a bit more interesting

tuorem

Anything but country music please. I think we get it now.

Still rooting for Sevdaliza, even though it's highly unlikely the Dutch would go that kind of route. You have to secure them jury points, so it has to be more mainstream and safe.

Himan

Within Temptation? xhmmm no Dutch hiphop please

tuorem

Or simply send a megahit like "Ik Ben Verliefd" xheat

Himan

What a megahit that was. :lol:

Himan

M;aybe the kids have grown now and can return! :D

Yes she is a mother, so maybe she can come back with a song called Mother.

Please, no.

0scar

After Lights and Shadows, AVROTROS said they'd focus more on choosing the right song instead of only choosing the right act. O'G3NE is great, but Lights and Shadows was not. I'm proud of Lisa, Amy and Shelley regardless, it was a beautiful tribute to their mom, but it was not the 'in it to win it' game AVROTROS and O'G3NE said it would be.

And in 2018, AVROTROS again chose an artist and gave him again full freedom to do what he wanted, where was the 'focussing more on the song rather than the artist' mentality they promised us after 2017? xshrug

They really need to change strategy. Search for song and artist. Decide on both together, and not artist alone first. Do not only look at offers from renown Dutch acts. For example, Thomas Azier is not that generally known in the Netherlands as O'G3NE, Trijntje, Waylon, Anouk and Douwe Bob, but would in my opinion be a great choice. But I think our broadcaster won't change their strategy now as after an amazing 9-year non-qualifying streak, we would be on a 6-year qualifying streak if Trijntje didn't mess it up so badly, and that makes AVROTROS convinced that this is the best we can.

I hope AVROTROS will come to senses soon. After our second place in 2014, the general feeling of the Dutch viewers is that they are waiting for a possible victory, and I think that's not impossible IF they change strategy.

Himan

After Lights and Shadows, AVROTROS said they'd focus more on choosing the right song instead of only choosing the right act. O'G3NE is great, but Lights and Shadows was not. I'm proud of Lisa, Amy and Shelley regardless, it was a beautiful tribute to their mom, but it was not the 'in it to win it' game AVROTROS and O'G3NE said it would be.

And in 2018, AVROTROS again chose an artist and gave him again full freedom to do what he wanted, where was the 'focussing more on the song rather than the artist' mentality they promised us after 2017? xshrug

They really need to change strategy. Search for song and artist. Decide on both together, and not artist alone first. Do not only look at offers from renown Dutch acts. For example, Thomas Azier is not that generally known in the Netherlands as O'G3NE, Trijntje, Waylon, Anouk and Douwe Bob, but would in my opinion be a great choice. But I think our broadcaster won't change their strategy now as after an amazing 9-year non-qualifying streak, we would be on a 6-year qualifying streak if Trijntje didn't mess it up so badly, and that makes AVROTROS convinced that this is the best we can.

I hope AVROTROS will come to senses soon. After our second place in 2014, the general feeling of the Dutch viewers is that they are waiting for a possible victory, and I think that's not impossible IF they change strategy.

I think this strategy is fine. Reaching finals consequently is good enough. We reached 2nd place with exactly this strategy. To reach first place we need two things a bit of luck that there is no woman with a beard or someone who does some chicken sounds. And that our act is really classy(Like 2014).
If we selected on song also, 2014 would definitely not have come through I think, so the act is also very important. A National Final is a good solution for this. But it's the question if we can make something as awesome as Melodifestivalen. I think it's the right moment to try.

0scar

I think this strategy is fine. Reaching finals consequently is good enough. We reached 2nd place with exactly this strategy. To reach first place we need two things a bit of luck that there is no woman with a beard or someone who does some chicken sounds. And that our act is really classy(Like 2014).
If we selected on song also, 2014 would definitely not have come through I think, so the act is also very important. A National Final is a good solution for this. But it's the question if we can make something as awesome as Melodifestivalen. I think it's the right moment to try.

I think 2014 was a lucky shot though, mixed with hard work of Ilse, creating the perfect atmosphere with the staging. Staging could really lift up a song but song is way way more important. Toy wasn't staged perfectly but still won, for example, and yes, I think Toy based purely on the song.
It could possible be stretched to select based on artist, song and stage plan though, although a perfect staging can be think of later, while the song is, when chosen, set in stone.

I don't think a national final would work for :nl: actually. Although the image of the contest in the Netherlands has been changing a lot since 2013, I still think with a national final the funny voters would be the majority. And there's no need to have a national final just to get the right staging/act.

I just think AVROTROS is too focussed on established artists in the Netherlands and they really need to broaden their view

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

i understood ik, eva simons and rappers

i guess i shouldn't have skipped dutch class today

Himan

Vanaf nu alleen nog maar Nederlands in dit topic? :mrgreen:

Top Bottom