Duncan de Moor,Joel Sjöö,Wouter Hardy

Lyrics
Duncan-Laurence-Eurovision-2019-Netherlands-1-e1552707914421.jpg

muisjep

Re: THE NETHERLANDS 2019

I want to see Afro Jack with Eva Simons or with Sharon Doorson! xheart

Dutchie

Afrojack, the Opposites, de Jeugd van Tegenwoordig, Kensington, Dotan. Let's continue the path since 2014 by sending quality and original songs

0scar

Afrojack, the Opposites, de Jeugd van Tegenwoordig, Kensington, Dotan. Let's continue the path since 2014 by sending quality and original songs

I do not think these acts would do well actually.
AVROTROS will never choose Dotan though, after the recent social media army scandal.

Miloutchi

From the ones here mentioned, I would really like to see Ruben Hein go. All the other names are either a bit tacky, too mainstream or unrealistic.

I would like for artists to go who are also not so popular yet in the Netherlands or who represent a genre that is not widely popular, like jazz. I like the diversity in Eurovision.

I agree with Oscar that Dotan will never go now that he had that scandal. By the way, didn't AVROTROS said that they already knew who was going to represent the Netherlands in 2019? I thought I read that somewhere.

Milano

From the ones here mentioned, I would really like to see Ruben Hein go. All the other names are either a bit tacky, too mainstream or unrealistic.

I would like for artists to go who are also not so popular yet in the Netherlands or who represent a genre that is not widely popular, like jazz. I like the diversity in Eurovision.

I agree with Oscar that Dotan will never go now that he had that scandal. By the way, didn't AVROTROS said that they already knew who was going to represent the Netherlands in 2019? I thought I read that somewhere.

I hope next year we send a artist/group that is fresh and totally different than the last 4 years! Bye Bye Country music :lol:

Miloutchi

Where have I said that I want another country song? I don't want another country song either. I got tired with that a long time ago, but Ruben Hein doesn't make country music. I would like him to go with an upbeat Jazz song.

I don't think Afrojack will want to go, but if he wants, then please no Maan. She cannot sing and has absolutely no charisma. Sharon Doorson would be a good choice and she has already said she would like to go.

Milano

You didn't say that, but Foreigners (for some reason) always think we send country music to Eurovision; TCL - Douwe Bob - OG3NE - Waylon.

Last edited:

0scar

By the way, didn't AVROTROS said that they already knew who was going to represent the Netherlands in 2019? I thought I read that somewhere.

I haven't read that, but I guess there are artists who are negiotiating with AVROTROS about going for sure.
In recent years we've been sending established artists, but I'd love to go with an relatively unknown name for once.

Himan

Well, we should become a new Sweden soon I feel :)

0scar

I think AVROTROS is too focussed on the artist anyway. I've got the feeling that the last few years they've been thinking that it's all about choosing a great name, an established artist in the Netherlands. I'd rather have a good song with a rather unknown good vocalist xshrug .

So first choosing the song and then searching for someone to sing it next year, please.

Miloutchi

I totally agree with Oscar. The problem with O’g3ne was definitely the song. And with Maan and all those other singers, you will get the same problem. It is better to first choose a song and then find the right vocalist for it.

I like the idea of artists who write their own songs as well, though. The times we ended up in the final was always when someone wrote their own song (apart from O’g3ne). And I agree that they should give a chance to rather unknown artists as well. Unknown doesn’t necessarily mean bad quality.

If next year we want to send a more modern pop song or something similar, we should definitely first choose the song and then the artist.

Himan

Like with the common linnets? :p

Top Bottom