Sans toi
Derrière mes paupières
Trouver de l'air

(Ah)
Tout l'univers
Nos deux cœurs sous la terre
Au milieu des failles et des ressacs
Nous nous retrouvons au point d'impact
Comment soigner nos coeurs qui éclatent?
Tout l'univers​

Last edited by a moderator:

CPV4931

I think, we have a winner... better going to save some money for an expensive Eurovision in Switzerland

Ezio

Veteran
On the one hand this song gives me winner vibes, on the other hand it doesn't do much for me. It's less catchy than the blatantly obvious favourite Duncan Lawrence. The highest notes in the song put me off, it sounds like a screeching cat.

I'd be interested in hearing from @midnightsun.

Evangeline

The first thing I said when I heard it is that it gave me Arcade vibes, and apparently at least one of the writers of Arcade (Wouter Hardy I think) has also written this song. Could've won if it came before Arcade, but people dont like songs that sound like the most recent winner.

Evangeline

The first thing I said when I heard it is that it gave me Arcade vibes, and apparently at least one of the writers of Arcade (Wouter Hardy I think) has also written this song. A nice song but I dont think it'll win.

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
I've never understood hype over him Last Year. This song is so so so boring, it seemed like it was 10 hours long and it will never finish. His falsetto and whistle vocal gave me headache.
I didn't like him last year, i don't like him nor his song this year.

0 point. And i think he will struggle to qualify. It's just boring, not a winner vibe material and cheap Copy of last year. This is toilet break for me. :sleep::0:xexcusemexwall

Sorry not sorry..
We always can count on you for uttering total nonsense. Thank you ! I feel so much smarter now :)

Ezio

Veteran
I think, we have a winner... better going to save some money for an expensive Eurovision in Switzerland
I was suspicious of Switzerland winning anyways. In 2009, in the middle of the biggest economic crisis until now, superwealthy Norway won, which started a series of wealthy countries winning.

LoveHate

This is good, and I can understand that this is the winner for some. But I’m not connecting with it. 8 points, and would not be upset if it’s on the podium.

Pål Nordahl

Honestly, I'm just not getting the same emotional impact that “Répondez-moi” had on me. It was an easy :12: points last year from the first listen, but not this year. Maybe it's because I'm already familiar with his voice and style of singing, so that surprise is gone, but I also feel like this melody is nowhere near as impactful and certainly not as memorable. It's still a very nice song. :8: points for now but might rise after a few listens.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It's better than last year's Répondez-moi which for me was very much a slog to sit through and felt like it was just going through the motions. I'm still getting a glint of that this time but Tout l’univers is a brighter experience so I can excuse it more. I'm once again not particularly fond of all the caterwauling. It's unfortunate as it puts up this big wall for me that's very difficult to climb over, but I'm at least able to cling on this time and peek my head over the top to see some pretty things. Verses are pleasant. They have a nice feeling to them, especially the second one (strings are lush). Chorus is for the most part predictable but it's working, and I appreciate the soft way in which each one finishes. I dislike the note going into that final chorus though (Blas Canto "why do that?" vibes there).

My feelings overall are mixed but I'd say that it's another 2021 improvement. Last Year I gave Gjon's Tears 4 points I believe. This time :6: feels about right. Still too hammy and the song is pandering to an audience I'm not a part of, but there's something to appreciate this time at least if I'm able to look past the pomp of it all.

MalagaToledo

Banned
We always can count on you for uttering total nonsense. Thank you ! I feel so much smarter now :)
You are obsessed with me. Seek help..

PS, ontopic.. boring, horrible, it last for 10 hours, his falsetto is so annoying. He will be at the bottom in the final.

crashworld

Veteran
But I feel the same about both - they're good songs but neither really have the emotional impact on me that I think they're supposed to. Maybe it is just a language issue for me.
I seriously feel nothing. It's a well-crafted song though.

I agree. I can't connect to the song at all, but of course that's on first listen. Maybe it will hit with multiple listens and understanding what he's sing about.

Having said that, my first impression is that it's definitely more anthemic compared to his last year's entry, especially towards the end. But it loses the intimacy his last year's entry gives. It is still in the veins of what he sent last year but much more polished, which may get to the point that the song is crafted trying to recreate what he has done last year.

It is definitely more contemporary sounding, but the funny thing is, there is nothing melodically for me to latch on as compared to his last year's entry. Technically, this song is also harder to sing, so I hope he is able to pull it off even though I know he is a competent singer.

I really like the music video, very well-made. Think it's one of the better-produced videos in this year's contest.
So on first listen, I am giving it a :6: for his vocals and the song production. I need to listen to it more to see if it clicks.

Mrm

Veteran
YAAAAAAY! xyaaay

Bern 2022! xyes

I'm sorry San Marino, but you won't win!

Quality will preveal even in this contest and this bubble audience once agan!

:12:

Top Bottom