Sans toi
Derrière mes paupières
Trouver de l'air

(Ah)
Tout l'univers
Nos deux cœurs sous la terre
Au milieu des failles et des ressacs
Nous nous retrouvons au point d'impact
Comment soigner nos coeurs qui éclatent?
Tout l'univers​

Last edited by a moderator:

marty

Last years song was my favourite. this year I like the song but I dont think this is a potential winner. though I would be very happy if Switzerland would win. I give 10 points.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Répondez-moi was more atmospheric, hence I gave it a big 8. Even if I wasn't wet over it, it had the perks of slowly drawing me in.
This one doesn't give me the same feeling, I don't feel much. It's still a totally decent song, and kudos for keeping a national language but it won't be much more than a :6: or :7:.

lorens

I wonder if this is one of those early favourites that won't even make it to the final in the end. I want to like this song more, but I just can't help the feeling that it's a tad bit boring and somehow a cliché. Even though the song itself is nice, and the staging could be amazing. I wish it was better.

midnightsun

Veteran
On the one hand this song gives me winner vibes, on the other hand it doesn't do much for me. It's less catchy than the blatantly obvious favourite Duncan Lawrence. The highest notes in the song put me off, it sounds like a screeching cat.

I'd be interested in hearing from @midnightsun.

Did just write my first impression without having read yours but I very much agree with you. Okay, it’s not that this song doesn’t do much for me - it’s just not the same like last year but last year was a bit extreme anyway, I adored it and haven’t heard such a good Eurovision Song in a veery long time.

Ali_

Firstly that music video gave me serious motion sickness 🤢
Secondly, this is undoubtedly well produced and he has an impressive voice but it didn’t really make me feel anything and didn't have a hook to grasp on to which last years did. A 6 for now though I could see that increasing the more I listen to it (but in Eurovision it's really the first listen that's the most important)

Ezio

Veteran
It’s fantastic! It doesn’t quite reach the quality of last year‘s entry but I knew this would hardly be possible.
So no complaints here - other than he shouldn’t sing so much falsetto the first part.
He CAN sing and his falsetto sounds great but it’s a little too much. He has such a strong voice, no need to include that falsetto so much just „because he can“.
It’s a bit more mainstream than last year and too little Eurovision at the same time. It sounds like the credit part of a very exciting dramatic movie.
But it’s definitely quality music and he will definitely be in my top 10 until the end but not sure if it‘s enough to be MY number 1 this year and not sure if it‘s enough to be a winner really... but I absolutely wouldn’t mind since he is someone who deserves it so much!
It’s not too melancholic for you?

tararaaam

I am really wondering why this one has such a success in the odds...It really looks like the year that people try hard to find a favorite.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I am really wondering why this one has such a success in the odds...It really looks like the year that people try hard to find a favorite.
Not really. This one just screamed favourite, and many of the better think they've found "that" entry.

Preuss

I do like the song, I just have a hard time remembering it properly, the same problem that I have with Roxen's Amnesia this year. They could do something amazing with this on the stage in Rotterdam though... suppose it will have something to do with the universe. I'm here to see him sing the song on a stick xcheer

empo21

Veteran
Love it :12:

While Repondez-moi is more effective emotionally on me, I like this as well. A very classy, well produced ballad with nice build-up and chorus. The live version of this song will definitely be more effective, so can't wait xheart

Preuss

Not really. This one just screamed favourite, and many of the better think they've found "that" entry.
If I hear the song where I instantly think "12 points", I would hype it as well xcheer

This could be the fanwank of the year though where it doesn't do as well as people thought it would

Franzilein

There's something missing in it.

The choruses have a great arrangement, they bang with with a gradual buildup of energy. They are also pretty well-written and tidy from what I heard, and I am obsessed with that use of CMaj7 (i just love CMa7 in general)! Ironically, the whole song is arranged as if they're made for a National Geographic show like COSMOS, very academic in flavor. The nerds will love this.

You mean the chord at the end of the chorus? Think that's even a C#maj7 if my ears don't fool me :lol: But yes, the nerds will certainly love it. Think the overall song has 12 or 13 different chords used which is insane for a song in ESC, even if the basic key is "just" Am. Love what they did here.

Loindici

Veteran
You mean the chord at the end of the chorus? Think that's even a C#maj7 if my ears don't fool me :lol: But yes, the nerds will certainly love it. Think the overall song has 12 or 13 different chords used which is insane for a song in ESC, even if the basic key is "just" Am. Love what they did here.

It's that one on the word "l'univers", I'm confident it's a CMaj7 or another variation of it :D

pavarotti

There is a 'most recent' mechanism with the betting odds so the latest entry to impress is backed down. But I think it has got carried away with Switzerland. Very little sticks with this. It suits the official video quite well but I've not seen a single live performance from this guy that has really impressed. My view is, this will not resonate well enough live.

Franzilein

It's that one on the word "l'univers", I'm confident it's a CMaj7 or another variation of it :D
Aaah, my bad then, I thought you meant the one on "Sans (toi)", which is my favourite part, simply gorgeous :lol:

But I think for "Tout l'univers" it's Am-C-F :unsure: Could be wrong though, I'm currently not at my piano, so can't verify haha

AliceEsc

What an atmosphere he creates with his voice xheart
He was my winner last year. I will give this 10 pts, but Repondez-moi took me a day or two to fall in love, so who knows.
I'll be happy if Switzerland wins.

Top Bottom