'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

Citelis

Yes, please! It's been some years since the last time Eurovision had a so insanely amazing winner!

Franzilein

While I really don't like the song, I appreciate the green background a lot. Such an underrated colour scheme, it will definitely stand out due to that alone.

Ajeje Brazorf

Despite the mic problems and some camera angles to fix, I think it works pretty well. Some of us may be underwhelmed by the fact she is using a staging similari to Melfest, but I disagree. Simple isn't synonym of bad, and sticking with a performance you are actually confident is not a lack of creativity, but a wise choice. This will be top 3 for sure and has a real chance to bring back Eurovision to Sweden next year.

Ezio

Veteran
If Green is such a great colour, why is it never used for staging?

And for this song, it doesn't make sense either. Green is not warm, fuzzy, sentimal, but jealous.

I don't like the song, but the staging doesn't fit the theme of the song neither. Flickering froggy green is not easy on the eye. There is no visual appeal for me here.

So the most creative thing about the staging is a green set. That's a choice. Why not mint green? It would be more soothing.

I would have staged it in black and white with flares of gold.

A-lister

Veteran

And for this song, it doesn't make sense either. Green is not warm, fuzzy, sentimal, but jealous.

I don't like the song, but the staging doesn't fit the theme of the song neither. Flickering froggy green is not easy on the eye. There is no visual appeal for me here.

So the most creative thing about the staging is a green set. That's a choice. Why not mint green? It would be more soothing.

Why should it be warm when the song is basically about regret and being left my someone? Putting aside what one thinks of the song, it's not some sort of cozy love song quite the opposite if one pays attention to the lyrics.

As for the staging not being switched up, it's typical for Sweden, SVT and the Swedish delegation has this mindset 90% of the time that the MF product is already finished and ready for ESC, it's slightly arrogant at times but I do understand the logic considering MF itself is such a finished production.

As for the song, it is overrated here I agree, but I don't think it's a bad one. For me personally it's a top. 15 (lower top. 10) product but it's the best entry we're sending in the past 5 years (and I include 2020 here as well) and one of the few worthy ones in a quite weak MF.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran

Let’s forget what you just said about my favourite colour green…

… but yeah, the staging isn’t very eye-pleasing imho. It’s also a very annoying shade of neon green.

Go_A used a lot of green last year, so does France this year and let us not forget Slovakia 2010… but they are all songs about nature so it’s way more fitting than the Swedish green this year.

popavapeur

Actually Green has been a cursed color in the past. Green in some cultures (believe it or not) is associated with evil like witch, devil, ghost. So it was avoided by superstition, thinking it was a bad omen. Also in some cultures Green is associated with jealousy, envy, hatred (in French for example Green was associated with being sick (with white) or we have a saying "Vert de rage" (green of angry/hatred)).
It's also said that some plays in the past that used green were all unsuccessful or were cursed cause someone in the cast was sick/had a problem or the play was having troubles upon troubles.
For exemple : In more "recent" years the witch from the movie Wizard of Oz (played by Margaret Hamilton) suffered from a burn during filming and she was painted in...green.

Nowadays green is avoided for one basic reason : the green screen which helps to integrate different assets, it stayed as a color to avoid at all cost : by superstition or just be sure that you won't have any technical difficulties if you use a green screen.

Ezio

Veteran
Hold me close, Sir
although I had too many Tequila Sunrise,
and I might be bleeding, but I don’t mind,
if you don’t mind

Top Bottom