'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

ArmpitOfEurope

Shes having rehearsal problems AGAIN.
Wont be surprised if something goes wrong tomorrow.

She started off as a contender in my book but now I dont know, its like the mood is just not there

FilipFromSweden

Sweden dropping in the odds... my heart hurts.
That doesn't mean anything, I remember Netta dropped after her semi and then she still won by a landslide. Not that I think Sweden will beat Ukraine. My prediction is that Sweden finishes second and hosts Eurovision next year

JamieBrown

Is it generic and can be linked to Lana Del Rey? Yes!

Does this make her less good and the song less beautiful? No!

For the first time in what feels like ages I click to the swedish entry. It's such a lovely tune xheart

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

ArmpitOfEurope

Late slot but coming after Moldova wont help. Many will dismiss it as boring
I can see this in the top 5 of the juries but not in the top 5 of the televoters

hpp0

The performance itself is great but some camera angles and transitions didn't help at all. Maybe people who haven't seen the NF performance won't mind but something was lost from the magic the original performance had.

I don't think it is going to win, unless they nail the camera work and it all comes together, but it should get at least 5th place.

Dessi

The performance itself is great but some camera angles and transitions didn't help at all. Maybe people who haven't seen the NF performance won't mind but something was lost from the magic the original performance had.

I don't think it is going to win, unless they nail the camera work and it all comes together, but it should get at least 5th place.

It won't get any better. The Italians have failed with technicalities like camera angles and transitions all them time... on most songs. :cry:

Uto

Veteran

Understand the point, but at the same time it's crazy talk to me. Lot of the charm for this is exactly the lack of polish. Her vocals are raw, she looks like she doesn't care much about her looks or body language. I mean of course this is all engineered rawness, but it's impossible to discern incompetent camerawork from engineered raw camerawork. The lack of polish is fitting. I thought this was quite a bit more compelling than the Melfest version anyway.

popavapeur

that was less effective than the melfest version but it's still more effective than 20 entries at worst (if not all the 24 that are in the final) this year tbh. Now you like it or not but they're doing something right that connects with people (unlike that Frans disaster)

hpp0

Understand the point, but at the same time it's crazy talk to me. Lot of the charm for this is exactly the lack of polish. Her vocals are raw, she looks like she doesn't care much about her looks or body language. I mean of course this is all engineered rawness, but it's impossible to discern incompetent camerawork from engineered raw camerawork. The lack of polish is fitting. I thought this was quite a bit more compelling than the Melfest version anyway.
Her performance in Melodifestivalen was also not that polished and had some shots that I didn't like but here some parts of the performance just looked bad. Especially the transition to the second chorus looked really bad and it really shouldn't be too difficult to get like the melfest one, they just had to change the camera faster.
Also some other things like the opening shot that we just look at her back for some seconds or the transition from the bridge to the final chorus where again they just had to change the camera faster, these look bad to my eyes.

Zeus

Coming after Moldova does suit people who already like Sweden. It goes from a big happy mess to a more artistic and storytelling performance. But, Australia and UK coming after this with the big voices, might hurt Sweden a bit in the juryvote I think.

A-lister

Veteran
Cornelia did not do a particular good job in the semi, I like her raspy voice, but now it sounded more like she has a sore throat I also felt like it felt more mechanic yet less focused than in Melodifestivalen. I dunno, something was missing for me in the semi performance and I hope she can get back some of the spark from Melodifestivalen in the finals.

I guess this is the downside of keeping the same staging from MF to ESC, there is nothing new for the artist and they are just doing it on routine but not with feeling any longer.

Still though, I think we have a pretty good entry this year and in this weak year a top. 10 would be deserved, but I wouldn't put us much higher than that.

Chorizo

te18kd19a8z81.png

"I.M. Cornelia. Hold me closer or else!"

Laepo1

Not the greatest fan of this song. It's not on my top 10 (I think, I need to redo it), but it gave me winner vibes yesterday.

Top Bottom